i30 Owners Club

I30 SR Premium tyres - how many kms?

Offline butters7388

• 2nd Gear
I'm coming up for my 40,000km service and it looks like tyres could be on the cards

Just wondering how many kms others got out of their stock tyres on the SR?

Keen to also get some opinions on what I should chuck on there next.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm coming up for my 40,000km service and it looks like tyres could be on the cards

Just wondering how many kms others got out of their stock tyres on the SR?

Keen to also get some opinions on what I should chuck on there next.

Hi Mate, I think I would have got 50K no problems with my SR, but I did some invisible damage to one of mine and it got a noise in it. So I used that as an excuse to swap to Michelin Pilot Sport 4's at 43,000 which are not cheap but are what is being used as OEM on the SR now which has been renamed the N-Line. If you drive on gravel much though they don't like that at all.

They are maybe slightly quieter and are generally  considered a pretty good upgrade dynamically. I've done around 20,000 on the Michelins already and they are showing signs of wear.

Another tyre which is considered a reasonable performance tyre but is quite a bit cheaper (usually) is Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin re003.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline huntdm

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Florey, ACT
I also have an i30 Premium which has done 83,000 and still on original Nexen's.  No sign of wear suffiecient to consider changing just yet.  Will have them checked at the 90k service.  Brake pads still over 2/3rd left with very little wear considering distance travelled.  Mostly suburban driving around Canberra
  • i30 Premium Hatch

Offline NotaN

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I just carried out the 40k service the wife's SR and the tyres will easily get to 50k possibly 60k. She only does hwy driving though. I will not replace them with the same Hankook Ventus as I think they are extremely noisy and not very grippy in the wet.
  • I30 SR Premium PD

Offline butters7388

• 2nd Gear
My rears have a heap of tread left on them but the fronts are looking a bit worse for wear.

I might just give them another rotation and see what they say at my next service

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My rears have a heap of tread left on them but the fronts are looking a bit worse for wear.

I might just give them another rotation and see what they say at my next service

I got mine rotated a few time in the first 40k so they wore pretty evenly.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal