i30 Owners Club

2019 Kona 1.6T

Offline Sprightly Bob

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      East Gosford, NSW
I traded my i30SR recently on a Kona chasing the safety features.  Happy with the car apart form very noticeable road noise which I attribute to Continental tyres and possible AWD gear.

Problem I have is electrical.   Battery was going flat over unused weekend.  NRMA technician suggested something was staying on and draining power.  All evidence pointed toward the AutoLink module which was constantly sending location requests. Took it out and battery remains good.

Told dealer who said it had happened to another Kona owner????? Can this be acceptable if true??

Another issue is DRL go out when parking brake applied and there are no front parking light displayed. I saw another Kona on the highway at dusk and the DRLs seemed to be at half strength.  Searched the car manual without success. Nearest was "DRL extinguished when Parking Light SWITCH activated".

My dealer is rather underwhelming.
  • i30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Bob,

I had an Sr which i have recently traded on a hybrid Camry. At the same time I bought my wife an Active Kona 1.6T AWD. She only has the 16" wheels which don't have continental tyres. Her car is considerably quieter than my SR was.

I didn't think the wife would use the autolink app which I found pretty crappy when i used it in the SR so it is in a draw. No battery issues so far.

Haven't got access to the Kona at the moment so can't comment on the other.

Regards  Dazz

P.S. great little car!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Another issue is DRL go out when parking brake applied and there are no front parking light displayed. I saw another Kona on the highway at dusk and the DRLs seemed to be at half strength.  Searched the car manual without success. Nearest was "DRL extinguished when Parking Light SWITCH activated".

My dealer is rather underwhelming.

"DRL extinguished when Parking Light SWITCH activated". That is what you are experiencing. it's normal. one click up an DRLs go off.

Offline Paolo39

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester

[/quote]

"DRL extinguished when Parking Light SWITCH activated".
[/quote]

For me it is how it should be. How many times I am waiting in a car and DRLs are blinding me from car sitting in front of me - VW. It is switched off, because we both waiting for our kids.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi ,
We got 2018 Kona HL.
Tyres are not Continental ( hankook prime 3 ??) - 235/45 r18.
No battery dramas , don't think we have the app -must be turned off if we do  :lol:
DRL 's go out if park brake on also when using indicators that side goes out.
If lights on, DRL are off & if doing less than 40 km/h  & turn wheel another light comes on to.light up the direction you're going . Funny though its only a dull halogen  - silly idea, must change those to led.
Better beast than our GD i30. Wife says "it's the worst car she has ever had, it's always speeding ". Lead foot !  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal