DAB Radio reception

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
Morning all,

I've noticed that DAB cuts out a lot, plus I have two FM stations (that aren't on digital), that is very static-y when travelling to Melbourne (I live in Geelong).

Is it a transmission issue or car issue?  Due for 45,000km in about another 3000km.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry Vanessa, we don't have DAB on the north west coast of Tas and i seldom used FM when I had the SR.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
DAB typically is metro only coverage with very little if any receptions between big towns. No idea what Victoria is like, it may be different from W.A. Some Google searching should give you some answers regarding coverage.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There have been issues with it in Brisbane.
Apparently they broadcast at the licensed level of power which is only supposed to reach just beyond the confines of Brisbane. 
But it's having some sort of interference effect on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
There's some sort of argument going on behind the scenes which continues to be unresolved.
I'm happy with Sunshine FM, a local community station which plays great music and doesn't bury us in talk back.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I gave up on DAB in mine. Was intermittent. dropped out real easy. Other mates with different Brand cars who travel the same route etc have crystal clear DAB reception so I just put it down to a car thing and have seen a few topics about it pop up. I just listen to podcasts or music on Spotify now through Android Auto.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal