i30 Owners Club

BUCKLED CHROME ON GEAR KNOB 2014 HYUNDAI I30 1.8L

Offline lovecat69

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
The chrome on the gear knob has warped and lifted a bit so its scratchy in my hand as I drive. Has anyone come across this before? I've been told this was an error and should be covered by goodwill warranty? This is for a red manual 2014 Hyundai i30 1.8ltr hatchback. Thanks!
  • hyundai i30 2014 manual

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The chrome on the gear knob has warped and lifted a bit so its scratchy in my hand as I drive. Has anyone come across this before? I've been told this was an error and should be covered by goodwill warranty? This is for a red manual 2014 Hyundai i30 1.8ltr hatchback. Thanks!
would not be the first time chrome has lifted off plastic, FD chrome internal handles I've had peel and can be very shrp too slicing a finger. Probably heat related. I've had one car with all the chrome off the selector (FD) was a NT car
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline lovecat69

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Is there a way to re-chrome? Getting ready to sell the car.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Why not just replace it with one on warranty if that’s available  :confused:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome. I would see what a nice one from somewhere like Supercheap or Auto Barn would cost. If nothing nice there cheap, try a  wreckers yard. You might even find one on Ebay or Amazon.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Welcome. I would see what a nice one from somewhere like Supercheap or Auto Barn would cost. If nothing nice there cheap, try a  wreckers yard. You might even find one on Ebay or Amazon.  :cool:
Unlikely to find a new 3rd party gear knob to fit, wont match with the reverse lockout button.

2nd hand from wreckers good option :goodjob2: can get genuine on ebay :link: 43711A5200 6-Speed Leather Gear Shift Knob For HYUNDAI i30 2012-2015 | eBay

Or use the warranty option :)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If the centre decal is still in good shape, you might consider removing the metal altogether and masking off and spraying the area in silver paint, then gluing the decal over the top.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
:link: [6-Speed] OEM Manual Shift Knob for Hyundai i30 2013-2016 ,43711-A5200 | eBay

less than $40 but with xmas it will be a while before it lands I think.

or see if you can sweet talk this guy into direct deposit and postage. Surely there must be heaps of smahed i30s you could get one from?

:link: HYUNDAI i30 GD 2012 - 2017 M/T OEM LEATHER 6-SP GEAR KNOB | Engine, Engine Parts & Transmission | Gumtree Australia Brisbane South West - Richlands |
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline lovecat69

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thank you!! It buckled while under warranty but sadly didn't raise it with the dealership then! Thanks for the link! That's perfect.

Offline lovecat69

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thanks but I'd like to sell shortly and would like it to look new.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal