i30 Owners Club

mt coot-tha classic!!!!! THIS WEEKEND 29-30 may 2010

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
not sure if anyone on here is going, or are interested in motorsports... but me, my boss and possibly my old man depending on all of our work loads are going to go at some stage this weekend (we are thinkning saturday)

so anyway heres a link... http://www.coothaclassic.com.au/

is anyone else interested/going?

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I prefer the bullets :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Really would like to go.
Couldn't make it last year(inaugural). Probably not this year either.
Have to make do with the Noosa Hillclimb each year which attracts many of the same cars.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ohh well! noosa hill climb is awesome, thats another great outing! do you go to the rallying out at imbil? hrmm its become rather "crap" you can no longer just go anywhere to sepctate!!!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks like a GR8 event (never heard of it before) 600 cars and bikes  :eek: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
lol i hope its great! ive never been to it before... and they say its been around for 94 years haha

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
so did any other of my fellow Brisbanites manage to make it to the mt coot-tha classic this weekend?

i thoroughly enjoyed meself there today! great variety of cars and bikes! sadly there were not many nissans or any hyundai's :'(

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
ohh well! noosa hill climb is awesome, thats another great outing! do you go to the rallying out at imbil? hrmm its become rather "crap" you can no longer just go anywhere to sepctate!!!!

Yeah. I've been out to Imbil.
You're right. it's a pain not being able to go just anywhere but there are some dumb people around these days.
When I used to drive rallies, if you weren't competing you got a group of mates together, found out where the route was going and slipped in a side road somewhere to a spot you knew would catch a few out, or give you a view of several corners at once.
lol i hope its great! ive never been to it before... and they say its been around for 94 years haha

They have used Mt Coot-tha for motor racing on and off for that long but the Cootha Classic only began last year.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
Hahaha that explaines why ive never heard of the "mt coot-tha classic" before!!

You're right. it's a pain not being able to go just anywhere but there are some dumb people around these days.

LOL my ex was one of them *rolls eyes* i warned her NOT to lean on the safety barrier (the plastic mesh stuff) and what did she do, thats right leant on it, i told her again, when the real rally cars come through they will be using that bit of track RIGHT TO THE FENCE... what happens a mitsubishi evo comes flying through and misses the fence by millimeters utilising the road as i had predicted... she "crapped" her pants and listened to me when i told her where to stand on the track for the rest of the day where ever we moved...

back in the old days LOL it wasnt that long ago man! I  remember being able to stand anywhere and getting COVERED in dust so badly you could taste it! just to get the "perfect" vantage point :P

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hahaha that explaines why ive never heard of the "mt coot-tha classic" before!!

LOL my ex was one of them *rolls eyes* i warned her NOT to lean on the safety barrier (the plastic mesh stuff) and what did she do, thats right leant on it, i told her again, when the real rally cars come through they will be using that bit of track RIGHT TO THE FENCE... what happens a mitsubishi evo comes flying through and misses the fence by millimeters utilising the road as i had predicted... she "crapped" her pants and listened to me when i told her where to stand on the track for the rest of the day where ever we moved...

back in the old days LOL it wasnt that long ago man! I  remember being able to stand anywhere and getting COVERED in dust so badly you could taste it! just to get the "perfect" vantage point :P
I have some photos I took during a Southern Cross Rally I spectated at out of Port Macquarie many years ago. The cars were coming up a long winding uphill section at veering right onto a track running along the side of the mountain. I was getting some great shots by lying in the drainage ditch on the unused part of the track so I was basically getting undercar shots as they leapt up the rise.
Until someone asked me how quickly I could get up if one car turned the wrong way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :-[
Young and foolish. :P

BTW. Here's a selection of pics which show why you should be very careful where you spectate.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
haha ive always made sure there is a solid tree between me and where a car could possibly come!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal