Booked in for 1st service

Dogga · 36 · 6955

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
Hello all,

I have book the 1000km service. Is there anything I should be getting them to do that you guys may had wished you had them do??

also,

if i have my usb stick plugged in, but not using it because I am using the radio function. when I arrive home & turn the car off then go out latter the audio system reverts to reading the usb stick every time and playing the 1st filed song. is this normal???
  • 2011 SLX CRDi Sleek Silver

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Are you using the Hyundai USB stick or another one?

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
the usb stick thing is not normal... i have a toshiba 4gig one and its plays back from where it stops every time!!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

if i have my usb stick plugged in, but not using it because I am using the radio function. when I arrive home & turn the car off then go out latter the audio system reverts to reading the usb stick every time and playing the 1st filed song. is this normal???

I reckon the USB stick is at fault (try a different brand) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
Yes I agree, I have ransacked the computer cabinet to try and find another usb stick but those things are just to small. I will give it a crack tommorrow

Pip
Decide whether you like HALO and have it turned off, if not. I liked it except that back seat passengers couldn't get out.

I had it disabled and haven't missed it. :cool:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
you didnt like halo? dam... almost all my cars have had auto locking doors (r31 skyline, j31 maxima and the i30) i am used to it, its not a bad thing!!

Pip
you didnt like halo? dam... almost all my cars have had auto locking doors (r31 skyline, j31 maxima and the i30) i am used to it, its not a bad thing!!
I can't think of a reason why but when stopping without cutting the engine, unless all doors are first unlocked by the driver's button, rear seat passengers cannot get out without separately toggling the door lock. This is contrary to the way the front doors operate, which can be unlocked and opened in one action simply by using the door handle. This is logical and offers no surprises.

Every time I carried friends and dropped them off I kept getting the same complaint that the doors won't open! It was more than an inconvenience a few times when stopped briefly at lights etc. in traffic to let someone out.

If they just worked the same as the front doors all would be good.

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
I can't think of a reason why but when stopping without cutting the engine, unless all doors are first unlocked by the driver's button, rear seat passengers cannot get out without separately toggling the door lock. This is contrary to the way the front doors operate, which can be unlocked and opened in one action simply by using the door handle. This is logical and offers no surprises.

Every time I carried friends and dropped them off I kept getting the same complaint that the doors won't open! It was more than an inconvenience a few times when stopped briefly at lights etc. in traffic to let someone out.

If they just worked the same as the front doors all would be good.

They don't work like the front's because of children. It's so they can't open the doors. It's not hard to just press the door unlock button. Guess I'm just used to it. I had it fitted to my last car when my alarm was put in.

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
I have children so I think HALO will be a good thing...Thanks for the heads up regarding the operation of it (regarding the rear doors)

Pip
They don't work like the front's because of children. It's so they can't open the doors...

There are standard mechanical child locks you can activate to prevent children getting out.

I don't think HALO has anything to do with children. In any case, a child familiar with the car will soon work out how to toggle the inside lock to get out which makes it useless for this purpose. If it truly is some form of child lock then it's flawed.

To my logical mind, the purpose of HALO is to prevent someone outside opening the door and pinching your purse or highjacking the car etc. What purpose is served by making it difficult for someone from inside getting out?

I take the point that it's not hard to press the button but in my case it was hard to remember to do it. :-[ :rolleyes: My objection is really about the design choice which appears to solve a problem not in need of a solution and thus creating its own problem which I solved by disabling the whole thing. Pity, I actually liked it otherwise.

I had it enabled for a year. It was a PITA right up to the day I had it disabled. :mad: :lol:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
i agree with Pip, i don't like the halo that much but it's on on mine so i just inform passengers how to unlock the door b4 taking them somewhere in my i30
cheers

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
I am using the radio function. when I arrive home & turn the car off then go out latter the audio system reverts to reading the usb stick

i think your main question was is it normal for the radio to switch to usb - i would say no.

for me (before my stereo broke anyway) it always stayed on the function i was using cd, radio or usb.

They don't work like the front's because of children. It's so they can't open the doors. It's not hard to just press the door unlock button. Guess I'm just used to it. I had it fitted to my last car when my alarm was put in.

i must say it was embarrassing the first time i had a rear passenger and she couldn't get out when i was dropping her off. i had no idea why and could not work it out. front passenger had to get out of car to let her out by opening the door for her. not having the car that long and not having children i had no idea what this HALO thing was, or where the unlock for the rear doors were or that they were going to do that. took me awhile to work out how to unlock them, and still have to 'think' about it.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Fair enough, I guess being young has it's advantages of knowing about or working out features :P :lol:

Pip
Fair enough, I guess being young has it's advantages of knowing about or working out features :P :lol:

Hmm, I detect a slight on those of us with more life experience than the "young".

There are advantages to being young but I wouldn't characterise them as having greater knowledge. In fact the only thing I can think of that is a real advantage is the ability to get more sex. :lol: :lol:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
hahaha gotta have a shot sometime, I'm prolly one of the youngest here... :cool:

Pip
hahaha gotta have a shot sometime, I'm prolly one of the youngest here... :cool:

And I'm prolly one of the oldest... :cool:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
...and I have much to learn from you oldies hehe :lol:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
eeek am i being called old?  :eek:
i'm not old! i'm, i'm.....i'mmmm ....ummm

oh crap i'm old

mvasseur
Oh well, if being 40 means I'm old, pass the Metamucil and Geritol, but don't forget the Polydent first! :lol:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
LOL seems our cars have a rather large demographic!! im 24... is that old yet? *does a back flip* wait wait no FAIL im too fat HAHAHA

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
Hello all,

Well I have just arrived back home from my first service(1000km). The problem with my loose rear spoiler will be repaired. Apparently they have to replace the spoiler due to a screw/nut failing and that part cannot be ordered :rolleyes:

The problem I had when using my USB Stick, when you turned the car off then restarted the stick would always start from the beginning or would override the previous function you were using at start up Like the radio. This is being resolved by replacement of the audio system. Apparently the unit tested faulty :eek:

So my verdict is...everything including a couple of rattles and of course the above mentioned was or is to be rectified. They had the car for about 1.5 hours and checked everything. The only thing on the report that did not make sense was "check power steering PUMP and hoses" we have an electric motor not a pump with hoses :exclaim:

overall I'm happy with the outcome of my first service :) :mrgreen: :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good result Darren,

If they replace the bumper make sure they get it sprayed to match properly (ensure you get to collect and sign for the repair in good lighting) and don't forget to "pump" them for more info on the steering.. I would casually let the service manager know that you are aware of that blunder  :wink:

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
Daz its the roof spoiler not the bumper, and yes I will check colour and fit before I sign off on the work.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Daz its the roof spoiler not the bumper, and yes I will check colour and fit before I sign off on the work.

Sorry, think I got confused with another recent post...(same comment applies) I was just that we have had a couple of members with similar damage who have had a poor match and it seems to get harder to sort if you accept it at collection time... :wink:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly

The problem I had when using my USB Stick, when you turned the car off then restarted the stick would always start from the beginning or would override the previous function you were using at start up Like the radio. This is being resolved by replacement of the audio system. Apparently the unit tested faulty :eek:

well least they got to it quick. i just had my unit replaced after it failed 6 months in. they were worried it was shorting after it ate my cds and started making rather scary noises (and also doing the usb resetting thing)

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
Maybe they are aware of a fault and are automatically testing all new cars in OZ at the 1000km service???

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
Maybe they are aware of a fault and are automatically testing all new cars in OZ at the 1000km service???

i'd doubt it, you're the only other person i've seen in here getting an audio replacement. my car was built mid last year (?) as well and yours is much newer. i'd say it's just a random thing for now, but certainly something to keep an eye out for. like if you think your stereo is resetting then definitely get it looked at, rather than put up with it. and i had no issues at all til the 6 month mark so a 1000k service i think wouldn't have picked anything up.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
that's the last straw! falty sound system and me being profoundly deaf did not know :lol:
cheers
still have not found a personal falt, i've had people get locked in the rear but i tell them it's there problem as they got a free lift :mrgreen:
these day's to keep them sweet i hit the unlock button it's really simple one touch. all ages should be able to handle that.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
still have not found a personal falt, i've had people get locked in the rear but i tell them it's there problem as they got a free lift :mrgreen:

thats a bit mean...putting them in the boot like that. 

:wink:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal