i30 Owners Club

Replacing you wiper blade rubbers economically

Offline Jamesi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
My i30 PD is 2 years old and as a bit of preventative maintenance I thought it would be a good idea to replace the wiper blade rubbers.

Being a little bit ocd I have done a lot of online research into this comparing the costs as apposed to getting the dealer to replace them at my next service.

Getting them replaced at my next service I have been quoted $AUD 53.26. Actually not bad considering I am paying for someone to do it for me. Labour ain’t cheap.

The cheapest option I found was to by the refills from my local Hyundai dealer at a total cost of $AUD 18.45 for all front and rear wipers. They even gave me complimentary sachets of windscreen wiper additive.

This was cheaper than the price I could find the same parts through aftermarket stores or online.

I was verY surprised.

• 2017 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Iron Grey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! That is a surprise! Cheap!

I recently bought some Tridon Flex complete Wiper blades (not just the rubber bits) for the Daughter's Nissan Dualis (needed them urgently and wanted the best) from Supercheap. They were $41 each! So $82 just for the front. Must check the rear one now you mention it! :cool:                                                         
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Jamesi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
Yes, very cheap. I did a lot of searches for replacing just the refills and got a lot of ads for replacement blades for superior performance. The best I could find for just the refills was $22 for just the front wipers.

It is good to check each individual wiper for the size it takes as my 2017 PD takes one 650mmx8mm driver, 6mm x400 passenger and 6mmx300 rear. Later PD’s evidently take different sizes although the same model of car essentially.
  • 2017 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Iron Grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal