i30 Owners Club

Driver seat height adjustment issue

Offline jayaraja23

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Dear i30 Owners, my i30 driver seat height goes down by itself. I have to pull the lever up once at least a day. If I leave it for a week and I need to pull it up at least 4-5 times. I checked during Hyundai service and they said all are looking good. Does anyone else face this problem?
  • Hyundai i30 Active

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
"Looking good " tell them you don't care if they are F-UGLY,  it needs to be replaced.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Why do we keep referring to Hyundai SERVICE ?  :crazy1:

The motor etc is dead, but it looks good  :rolleyes:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dear i30 Owners, my i30 driver seat height goes down by itself. I have to pull the lever up once at least a day. If I leave it for a week and I need to pull it up at least 4-5 times. I checked during Hyundai service and they said all are looking good. Does anyone else face this problem?

Welcome,

What year is your car? does it still have any warranty?

If so, try another dealer. That would be quite annoying.

Pretty sure we haven't heard of that happening to anyone else on here.

Why do we keep referring to Hyundai SERVICE ?  :crazy1:

The motor etc is dead, but it looks good  :rolleyes:

Gary probably hadn't taken his meds when he read your 1st post.. He isn't a big fan of dealers who provide sub standard "service". No all are useless but we hear too many cases of fault not found or people being fobbed off when trying to get faults addressed.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Gary probably hadn't taken his meds when he read your 1st post.. He isn't a big fan of dealers who provide sub standard "service". No[t] all are useless but we hear too many cases of fault not found or people being fobbed off when trying to get faults addressed.  :undecided:

Nothing to do with Meds Dazz  :cool: I was trained in the 'take no prisoners' school .

If my work was sub standard, I was called out. If I performed like a dick head, I was called a fool.
I was taught to think critically and laterally.
I was expected to achieve to the best of my ability.
I was expected to pass on my experience and to expect others to achieve with me.

Think the school closed a generation ago.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline jayaraja23

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Car manufacture year is 2018. Yes it has warranty.

I was just trying to see if it is a common problem or one of a kind one as the dealer was surprised when I told this is the problem.

Anyhow they inspected it and found no issues and if it continues they have asked to book in the vehicle. I'll be doing it soon.
  • Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Anyhow they inspected it and found no issues

Thanks for the update, glad you have warranty..

"Found no issue" why am I not surprised! There obviously is an issue.. Frustrating.  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal