i30 Owners Club

New cars

mickd · 8 · 1518

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
If you're on the hunt for one, check your local dealer for cars that have been ordered months ago, and now , due to Covid the customer can't afford.  Our oldest Rachel  just scored a Hybrid Rav 4 in a similar blue to our Kona at a bargain price of 7k off.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nice find, Mick. I'm a 50% chance for the next two years in Indonesia and I'm 50% convinced I want to go. If I do, Firty will be up for sale.  :blubber:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If you're on the hunt for one, check your local dealer for cars that have been ordered months ago, and now , due to Covid the customer can't afford.  Our oldest Rachel  just scored a Hybrid Rav 4 in a similar blue to our Kona at a bargain price of 7k off.

Wow! That's amazing. I thought there was still a big waiting list on them?? Can't believe they discounted it that much. That is a popular colour too.  :crazy1:

@beerman can you explain that one mate I can't! Surely they would have someone else chaffing at the bit to pay list price.. they are asking near full retail for a 2nd hand current base model Hybrid Camry down here.  $33k I only paid around $35.5k for my 2nd tier version.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I tried that ploy on our local Ferrari dealer arguing how crap their F1 cars were - he was most unhelpful.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I tried that ploy on our local Ferrari dealer arguing how crap their F1 cars were - he was most unhelpful.
:rofl:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Wow! That's amazing. I thought there was still a big waiting list on them?? Can't believe they discounted it that much. That is a popular colour too.  :crazy1:

@beerman can you explain that one mate I can't! Surely they would have someone else chaffing at the bit to pay list price.. they are asking near full retail for a 2nd hand current base model Hybrid Camry down here.  $33k I only paid around $35.5k for my 2nd tier version.

Was amazed as well.  It was ordered as soon as they came out & other paid a sizeable deposit.  Now, they are basically on financial thin ice and don't want to spend the rest & Notified dealer.  A broker found it.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Had a quick chat, it goes along these lines:
Sale fails -dealer gets zero - deposit goes to Toy Aus, car to pool.
Sale is GO,  dealer gets his profit etc. Sale at discount -gets to claim on tax. Sale counts on tally towards sales which sets cost of cars from Toy Aus. Toy Aus gets another towards their target sales and bonus.

There is a lot of Mark up in the system.
Remember,  the Kona 12 months old was $31k drive away in WA.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Had a quick chat, it goes along these lines:
Sale fails -dealer gets zero - deposit goes to Toy Aus, car to pool.
Sale is GO,  dealer gets his profit etc. Sale at discount -gets to claim on tax. Sale counts on tally towards sales which sets cost of cars from Toy Aus. Toy Aus gets another towards their target sales and bonus.

There is a lot of Mark up in the system.
Remember,  the Kona 12 months old was $31k drive away in WA.

Cheers for that. A brilliant win for your Daughter. That's pretty much the first 18 months depreciation saved. You probably saved the 1st 12 months on your Kona.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal