i30 Owners Club

HY part number for 1.6 Getz fuel module

Paolo5 · 3 · 9811

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi,

*I fitted a fuel module to my Getz that I bought from Sparesbox that was meant to be a direct equivalent to OE (FuelMiser FPE-642) and it works well except that the fuel gauge is now highly inaccurate. I am in the throes of returning this module but am told that the process might take 4 weeks!

*Today I have found that there is another FuelMiser part (FPE-864) that is recommended for this vehicle by FuelMiser themselves.

I am not sure which module is the correct part. HY OE is over $400!

Some Ebay modules list their product as "31110-IC000 equivalent".

Does anyone know if 31110-IC000 is the correct part number for a fuel module (filter, pump etc.) for a 2006 1.6 litre Getz? Do I need to list the car's VIN?

I really want to get it right this time!

Appreciate any help..

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
In the interest of completion I have this update:-  :D

I found out the hard way that both fuel modules fit and do the job. The only difference between them is in the resistance range of the fuel gauge sender units.

One of the modules is for the first incarnation of the Getz (1.3 or 1.5 engine.....which is the 31110-IC000 or Fuel Miser FPE-642) and the other (Fuel Miser FPE-864 is for the 1.4  and 1.6 (G4ED) engine.

Interestingly for someone like me is that the FPE-864 comes with BOTH senders. You have to decide which one to use and fit it onto the fuel filter. Lucky I checked resistances, as I needed to remove the fitted sender and install the separate sender for my 1.6 Getz.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Paolo appreciate the update. 😊
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal