i30 Owners Club

A Donaldism

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Democracy in TrumpWorld 'I won, because I said I won', so there!!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Yeah, what an f'ing nutter and yet at least 3 of my mates bloody love him!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

RN?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

RN?
Not sure Dazz knows anyone in the Royal Navy.  :confused:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

RN?

Our very own Dave @Doggie 1  an old school friend in WA (Paul Nieuwhof) and at least one other who escapes me at the moment.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

RN?

Our very own Dave @Doggie 1  an old school friend in WA (Paul Nieuwhof) and at least one other who escapes me at the moment.

Thanks for the tag, Daz. :)
Yes, unlike most, I don't form my opinions from the 6 o'clock news on mainstream media as I am an independent thinker and I actually do the research.
I am an unashamed massive Trump supporter because I look at his huge achievements over the past four years and not the hate and ridicule that MSM bestow on him.
It will take many years, but IMO he will go down as one of the best presidents the USA has ever had.
Ridicule away, folks because I really don't give a shit. :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Not me :) he's a bloody twit.

Anyone that has to repeatedly spew insults and false facts all over public media is clearly more interested in himself rather than making the US a better place, embarrassing and disgusting behaviour imo :disapp:

I was so glad when those 3 networks shut down Trumps televised rants :snigger:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

But as an observer, as opposed to a researcher, all you know is what you're told to know.
Which is understandable because you have nothing else to base your opinion on other than what you are fed by MSM, which is biased and false.
If you truly believe that Biden is a better alternative than Trump, then that tells me that you have not done any research whatsoever.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Being the world we live in with internet and such I could say we are all observers and researchers, just depends on where you research and whom you choose to believe.

Yes I don't watch the same media channels as you Dave, though that's mainly because Sky News in my opinion is very right wing in their views and known to bend the truth for ratings, fiction over facts seem to get more sponsorship.

Trump's outrageous comments and behaviour speak of his true nature :disapp:

I don't believe Biden is overly great either though he's still the better choice imo having a much longer political background than Trump.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 13:50:19 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Dave,

I will acknowledge that Trump has his heart in the right place and has implemented some excellent initiatives while in office.

However, his random rhetoric and behaviour has cost a lot of lives in the USA and maybe other countries too during the pandemic. He is way too erratic to be in such a high position of authority. The media may generally anti Trump, but I've seen enough of his antics on video (that I believe to be genuine) to be convinced he is an egotistical little spoilt brat.

Like Craig, I believe Biden is not ideal and definitely has cognitive issues but is by far the lesser of two evils.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well, there's something else at play here.

Whether it be Trump supporters, Anti-vaccers or pandemic deniers.

The standard comment starts with something along the lines of, "Do your research", "Be a researcher, not an observer", "You obviously get all your information from MSM". Or my favourite. "Wake up sheeple".
etc etc.

In other words, the poster is saying the reader who disagrees with them is stupid. It's simply insulting the intelligence of everyone who has a different view to them.

We are ALL capable of doing our own research. Many of us don't depend only on MSM. The simple fact of the matter is, we're intelligent enough to HAVE DONE OUR OWN RESEARCH!

And guess what? Our research leads us to OUR beliefs.

And there is nothing in the world which can prove your research is any better than ours.

So, don't insult us by suggesting we haven't done our research.

Don't insult us by suggesting we only rely on MSM.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yes, I got the same impression. As well-meaning as our members are, politics play into the same territory as religion, and offence is very easy to convey. I do my research, consider the dynamics of GOP v DEM, the big business of campaigning across a state system, how both are far more right leaning than our two major parties, how each doctrinally follows a different path, I choose non-US-affiliated news sources, and don't accept being labelled sheeple, implied or otherwise.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
This is one reason we removed the Politics section from our club :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
True.
But no one has got personally abusive here.
Not even really heated.
I think Dave, Dazz, Gonz, Craig and I have been arguing our cases strongly, but there's no real venom .

But I see your point.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I've only just noticed where Asa posted this :rofl:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've only just noticed where Asa posted this :rofl:
:lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

True.
Not even really heated.
I think Dave, Dazz, Gonz, Craig and I have been arguing our cases strongly, but there's no real venom .

But I see your point.

Thank you, Trevor. I agree with that.
I disagree with your previous comment which I thought was a bit harsh, but I do agree with that.
Firstly, I did not mean to be insulting towards anyone. That was certainly not my intent.
I merely responded to Craig because we catch up pretty regularly and have discussed this over coffee more than once.
And I know from what he has told me directly that he doesn't follow politics closely at all, hence my comments.
Yes, I do watch Sky News, but I also watch MSM, 2, 7, 9, 10, SBS and left leaning sources such as CNN, etc, so I do actually view it all, because I do not want to be one-eyed. I choose to watch and listen to all sides.
Again, I did not mean to insult anyone and I am happy to be the first (hopefully not the only one though) to apologise.
Everyone, of course, is entitled to their view and I have zero intention of changing anyone's mind. But please, at least respect mine. 
And finally, I did not ever intend to be here. The only reason I commented at all was because I was invited in (tagged) by admin (Daz), so I commented.
Written words can be easily misconstrued, spoken words not so much, which is probably why I get on so well with Daz and Craig in person, and I have no doubt I would with Trevor also, should that opportunity ever present itself. And I'm pretty sure I do with Gonz.
It's an interesting fact that most of my best friends in life have opposite political views to me, but they are still lifelong friends who I value greatly. Daz and Craig included, but also others who you do not know.
Have a great night folks.
#Trump2024. :)

• Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for your reply Dave,

Yes, despite your absurd political views, I know deep down you are a lovely fella.

Hopefully well catch up in person in January so I can buy you a drink to drown your sorrows (fingers crossed) over this US election result.  :snigger:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
All good here Dave :goodjob:

Yeah I don’t follow politics too closely at all though with all the media coverage on this it’s hard not to take some notice.

The live debates are a fairly easy way of judging their characters I believe so I’m not to interested in much of the reported “he said this and that mumbo jumbo” in the end I think the US in general has become one crazy place and many Americans I’m sure are wondering what their country is coming too :head_knock: :crazy1:

Here’s to Dazz shouting coffee’s :goodjob2: might even be here for my birthday  :happydance:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
True.
Not even really heated.

But I see your point.

Thank you, Trevor. I agree with that.

I disagree with your previous comment which I thought was a bit harsh, but I do agree with that.
Firstly, I did not mean to be insulting towards anyone. That was certainly not my intent.
I merely responded to Craig because we catch up pretty regularly and have discussed this over coffee more than once.
And I know from what he has told me directly that he doesn't follow politics closely at all, hence my comments.
Yes, I do watch Sky News, but I also watch MSM, 2, 7, 9, 10, SBS and left leaning sources such as CNN, etc, so I do actually view it all, because I do not want to be one-eyed. I choose to watch and listen to all sides.
Again, I did not mean to insult anyone and I am happy to be the first (hopefully not the only one though) to apologise.
Everyone, of course, is entitled to their view and I have zero intention of changing anyone's mind. But please, at least respect mine. 
And finally, I did not ever intend to be here. The only reason I commented at all was because I was invited in (tagged) by admin (Daz), so I commented.
Written words can be easily misconstrued, spoken words not so much, which is probably why I get on so well with Daz and Craig in person, and I have no doubt I would with Trevor also, should that opportunity ever present itself. And I'm pretty sure I do with Gonz.
It's an interesting fact that most of my best friends in life have opposite political views to me, but they are still lifelong friends who I value greatly. Daz and Craig included, but also others who you do not know.
Have a great night folks.
#Trump2024. :)

Hey Dave this was sent to me this morning

The Clown
The clown in the White House just brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The buffoon in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The clown in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The buffoon in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The buffoon in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The clown in the White House neutralized the North Koreans, stopped them from developing a further nuclear capability, sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The clown in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy. Hello!!!!!!!
The clown in the White House has accomplished the appointing of three Supreme Court Justices and close to 300 Federal Judges.
This same clown in the White House lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 for Married Filing Joint to $24,400 and caused your stock market to move to record levels over 100 times, positively impacting the retirements of tens of millions of citizens.
The clown in the White House fast-tracked the development of a COVID Vaccine - it will be available within weeks - we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The clown in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration had crippled and had fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.
I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus ?????
And please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office?
I’ll take a ‘clown’ any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking hypocritical corrupt liar. Please let it be known, I am not sure I would want to have a beer with him (if he drank, which he doesn't) or even be his friend. I don’t care if I even like him. I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some ass when needed. I don’t need a fatherly figure - I already have one. I don’t need a liar - that's what Hollywood and CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS and the New York Times are for.
I don’t need someone to help me, but I also don’t want an obstacle or a demented, senile washed-up Swamp Monster.
The world is a dangerous place - history has proven that. If the ‘world’ loves our President- its probably since he and our country is a chump for admiration.
God bless Donald Trump - the most unappreciated President in history.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi John, Nice to hear from you!

I am not going to detail them all but there are counter arguments for a lot of that.

To start with.. he keeps saying the vaccine is just weeks away.. but it isn't. 

The stock market was already trending upwards with Obama etc...

I'm sure with a bit of research I could make up a list of bad things he's done as president that would be as long if not longer. 

I'm guessing you are another Trump fan?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi John, Nice to hear from you!

I am not going to detail them all but there are counter arguments for a lot of that.

To start with.. he keeps saying the vaccine is just weeks away.. but it isn't. 

The stock market was already trending upwards with Obama etc...

I'm sure with a bit of research I could make up a list of bad things he's done as president that would be as long if not longer. 

I'm guessing you are another Trump fan?

"The clown in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around,"
He sure did.
Worse than it's ever been.
And 11 North Korean missile launches in 2019 / 2020. Many of them multiples.  :crazy1:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have a friend in Victoria who was Australian Rally Champion in the early 70's.

He's a solid Trump supporter and a few months ago, promised Trump would be returned to office.
He bet anyone who'd take him up on it a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
Quite a few did and are now "requesting" payment.  :mrgreen:

I have a somewhat unrelated question for our West Australian friends.

NSW Premier, Gladys is hoeing into our Premier, Annastacia, big time over border closures. (I admit, I can't spell either of their surnames). Although some wags are suggesting Gladys' last name is "Veryjigglycans".  :happydance:

Yet, from what I can see the WA borders are just as closed.
What's the general opinion on them amongst the man (and woman) in the street?
The recent Qld election result suggests a significant majority of Queenslanders are in favour of the restrictions.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
They've called Pennsylvania for Biden.

This site has a great overview of results for POTUS, The Senate and the House. Plus, by State breakdowns. You can see the count updates regularly

:link: Presidential election results: Live map of 2020 electoral votes

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's funny how, due to the time to process and the intermediate indicators, what resulted now looks like a resounding defeat rather than a relatively close race.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I have a somewhat unrelated question for our West Australian friends.

NSW Premier, Gladys is hoeing into our Premier, Annastacia, big time over border closures. (I admit, I can't spell either of their surnames). Although some wags are suggesting Gladys' last name is "Veryjigglycans".  :happydance:

Yet, from what I can see the WA borders are just as closed.
What's the general opinion on them amongst the man (and woman) in the street?
The recent Qld election result suggests a significant majority of Queenslanders are in favour of the restrictions.

Our borders are going to be opening up, but the feeling on the street is that a lot of people are in favour of closed borders.
I live about forty minutes away from Rockingham which is where our Premier Mark McGowan lives. On any given Saturday morning you'll see him walking down the cafe strip and he's treated like a rock star, people stopping to talk, take selfies, etc. He even stopped a couple of months ago to discuss my Hairy Lime P76, lol.
I think it's time borders were opened up now personally (and they are) and that it was becoming a bit of a "re-election issue" (March 2021) rather than a "public health issue" but in any event, his border closure measures were seen as very popular especially as we had such low COVID rates.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Hey Dave this was sent to me this morning

The Clown
The clown in the White House just brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The buffoon in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The clown in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The buffoon in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The buffoon in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The clown in the White House neutralized the North Koreans, stopped them from developing a further nuclear capability, sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The clown in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy. Hello!!!!!!!
The clown in the White House has accomplished the appointing of three Supreme Court Justices and close to 300 Federal Judges.
This same clown in the White House lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 for Married Filing Joint to $24,400 and caused your stock market to move to record levels over 100 times, positively impacting the retirements of tens of millions of citizens.
The clown in the White House fast-tracked the development of a COVID Vaccine - it will be available within weeks - we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The clown in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration had crippled and had fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.
I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus ?????
And please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office?
I’ll take a ‘clown’ any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking hypocritical corrupt liar. Please let it be known, I am not sure I would want to have a beer with him (if he drank, which he doesn't) or even be his friend. I don’t care if I even like him. I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some ass when needed. I don’t need a fatherly figure - I already have one. I don’t need a liar - that's what Hollywood and CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS and the New York Times are for.
I don’t need someone to help me, but I also don’t want an obstacle or a demented, senile washed-up Swamp Monster.
The world is a dangerous place - history has proven that. If the ‘world’ loves our President- its probably since he and our country is a chump for admiration.
God bless Donald Trump - the most unappreciated President in history.

Hi John, long time, no see.
Yes, I've seen that and there are some good truths in there.
Your shout for coffee.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal