i30 Owners Club

Aftermarket Head Unit - Keeps Rebooting and drains battery!

Offline Marko_i30crdi

• 1st Gear

• cs Serbia
      Belgrade
Hello everyone,

I came to a problem with aftermarket Head Unit that I took about 7-8 months ago, it is second hand. Worked just fine until a couple of weeks ago, when it stopped booting instantly, but it goes in a loop after engine starts, and it takes around 15-20 mins of driving usually until it boots well, this doesn't depends on outside temperature (car is in the garage), or if it's first or second ignition during the day, it does that no matter what at least in 50% of engine ignitions. The problem is that I am guessing that it is draining the battery since every morning the car takes a second or two to start when turning the key even with a battery replaced one month ago (which I thought that the problem is initially), while warm car starts instantly. Also it is not turning off when the engine stops until I manually turn it off, which wasn't like that before and sometimes the buttons beside the screen are not working.

The car is i30 2013. 1.4 crdi

First, does anyone has an idea which system is this unit running and what's the producer? If I can find those information at least I would know where to look for support.

There's no logo or anything anywhere so that I can assume the system or the producer.

This is the screen ''about device'':
http://drive.google.com/file/d/1eOvNi5NOXZiGVgcbOudG1rWie1_oux1E/view?usp=sharing

Appearance:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bqxf8BHJISFW76GN1AKWO4lx_hr-I0KC/view?usp=sharing

I would be grateful if anyone might have an idea how to solve this. I have tried to have a cheap solution for head unit, ultimately if this doesn't get fixed I might take a better one, I would appreciate a suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance!
Marko

« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 14:57:17 by Marko_i30crdi »
  • 2013 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.4l, 6MT, Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal