i30 Owners Club

A/C on AUTO MODE - Ver 2.0

Offline aalacombe

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Sao Marcos
I'm new on this forum and I'm looking for some explanations how this A/C works on AUTO mode.

On my i30, I'm having a problem when set the AUTO mode on... The average outside temperature in my region is around 15 to 20°C. When I set the system to something around 24°C after few minutes, I got the windows embassied.

I noted that the system does not turns on the A/C, just blowing heated air (with air humidity - what caused the embassy).

Do you know if there is any operation tip? I know that if I select the system on MANUAL mode, I can prevent that... But I tought that the AUTO mode should prevent that...

Thanks!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome aalacombe... There has been quite a bit of discussion on here of late about the merits or otherwise of the climate control (auto) aircon.. it certainly isn't perfect and can get tricked..

We don't use the word embassy in the same way you do (I assume your windows are fogging up? Your humidity must be very high  :eek: to fog up at those temps...)

In that situation I would try turning temp up or down by a degree or two or pressing the window defog button which on my model in down low and on the right (on the Air Con control section)

We have had feedback from another of our Brazil members that the i30 is getting a poor name over there for reliability issues which is certainly far from the case in most other countries  :'(... What is your experience so far?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
In that situation I would try turning temp up or down by a degree or two or pressing the window defog button which on my model in down low and on the right (on the Air Con control section)

That's how I deal with any fogging.....

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
You are correct in saying that it won't turn on the A/C automatically unless it is actually cooling. You could always just push the A/C on button and let the auto control eveyrthing else. My windows don't fog up doing this even if I have it on heated.

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX

Offline marvy

• 2nd Gear
When you press the "demister" button, the A/C does turn on no matter what the temperature. Perhaps this is what you need. Otherwise, just stop breathing and sweating.

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
When you press the "demister" button, the A/C does turn on no matter what the temperature. Perhaps this is what you need. Otherwise, just stop breathing and sweating.

Yes but to avoid it fogging in the first place just have A/C on constantly.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
And of course if your windows are often embassied you should check you don't have water in the spare wheel well being caused by an incorrectly fitted rear light cluster, this has been a known issue.

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
What usually helps to clear the embassy/fog is to keep your windows clean. If you have window tint, use a moist chamois to wipe down. I use this on all of my windows and fog is never a problem... Unless of course my car is full on a cold night!

Also, on my front windscreen, I just use a bit of glass cleaner (as there is no tint etc) after I wipe with a chamois. The biggest pet hate I have is a foggy windscreen!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I've never known it called "embassied" before  :-[
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal