i30 Owners Club

GD03 Apple CarPlay lag issue

Teegan · 4 · 3199

Offline Teegan

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hey everyone, I self installed the GD03 head unit in my 2012 Hyundai i30 following a forum on here and it all worked perfectly. It’s been a dream for 4 months and now out of no where my Apple CarPlay has starting lagging majorly. It happened as a one off, I turned the car off went to work and came back and it was back to normal. Now it doesn’t seem to be correcting itself. I have tried resetting my phone, resetting the unit, updating the unit, new cord, different phone etc and nothing is fixing the issue. I just want me CarPlay back! Has anyone else dealt with this and found a way to fix it? 
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Teegan. I haven't seen this happen and I can't suggest anything other than going over the connections you made during installation. With the warmer weather, vibration, etc. something may have come loose, or even tarnished to result in a weakened connection.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Could there be background processes running on the phone causing the lagging :undecided: what head unit firmware are you running? the latest is 2.05.10 which sometimes needs to be run twice for all updated components to be installed, other than that I really couldn't say what the cause of the issue may be :Dunno:

Offline Teegan

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Latest update installed, it’s been constant since the update :/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:31:50 by Teegan »
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal