i30 Owners Club

Wrong service book

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Bought a new 2001 MY i30 comfort crdi the service interval is 1yr/20k miles, but service book supplied says 1yr/12.5k, spoke to dealer he says 2011 MY cars coming through with old style service books, which is crazy, have emailed Hyundai UK who are investigating.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Bought a new 2001 MY i30 comfort crdi ...

2011  :P

Not much quality control there eh? Disgraceful. The User Manual and Service Book are our bibles and they should not speak with forked tongues.

It's a long interval though, 20k miles :eek:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
In Australia the official service interval is 15,000 for normal use conditions which is closer to 10,000 miles and some of our more diligent owners change their oil at 7500 kms (closer to 5,000 miles) so i would probably get my services done at 12,500 miles anyway like early i30 owners in uk do... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
Bought a new 2001 MY i30 comfort crdi the service interval is 1yr/20k miles, but service book supplied says 1yr/12.5k, spoke to dealer he says 2011 MY cars coming through with old style service books, which is crazy, have emailed Hyundai UK who are investigating.

This is very interesting - thanks for raising this.  My (UK supplied /Czech build) CRDi auto is also a "2011" model and the service book (endorsed "02/10" on back cover) shows 1st service at 10,000 miles or 1 year, and 12,500 mile or 1 year intervals thereafter.  Having said that it gives no "schedule" to describe what each service entails.
Where does the Hyundai blurb say that service interval is 20,000 miles - this is a surprise to me?
Nonetheless I would want to change the oil sooner than 20,000 miles if I am keeping the car for a few years.

And if this is a case of wrong service book(s) being issued, then in my book HUK don't come out of it very well - these (our) "2011" i30's seem to have taken them completely by surprise (despite being built for nearly 6 months) - with things like mud flaps etc not being available as yet.
Can you post up the outcome of this please as no doubt there are a few of us affected?

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hopefully might have an answer end of the week.

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
MR *******,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you concerning your service
book.

Our suppliers are working hard to get this service book available as soon
as possible, but at this moment in time the book is not available.  All we
can advise is that you liaise with your look dealer in around a month, and
they will be able to advise weather the new service book has become
available.

I do empathise with the inconvenience that this delay is causing you, but
we will endeavour to have the updated service book available as soon as
possible.

Jack Boden
Hyundai Customer Services
08705 329 980

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
With modern fully sync oil & common rial engine, 20K seems fine, my last car skoda Octavia coulf potentialy go 30K/miles/2 years, but service came in every 18K miles.

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
I think that the plot deepens!
Thanks to this forum for raising this matter.
I have scanned the Hyundai UK website & i30 brochure and have yet to spot any statements about service intervals.
I contacted Hyundai UK recently - using email address on back of my service booklet - as I was concerned that I might have wrong booklet too.  My car is UK supplied /Czech build i30 Comfort CRDi auto. 
My service booklet suggests that the 1st service is @ 10,000 miles or 1 year, and thereafter every 12,500 miles or 1 year.  However the nice lady from HUK customer services tells me that the correct interval for the diesel is 12,500 & 12,500 or each year, that the booklet refers to the petrol model, and I do not need (or get) any replacement.  No suggestion of any 20,000 intervals (makes me uneasy on a keep-car anyway).
So I am not sure if I am any the wiser - is it me or is this all a bit unclear and confusing?  Maybe I will visit a dealer at about 10,000 miles and try & sort then.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
With modern fully sync oil & common rial engine, 20K seems fine, my last car skoda Octavia coulf potentialy go 30K/miles/2 years, but service came in every 18K miles.

it doesnt matter what oil you run, or how good it is, its the comtamination that gets in the oil from use that does the damage... ie, carbon, water, dirt, acidification and sludge build up! yes you do have a filter but it will eventually become blocked, then the by-pass valve opens up!

Offline vodnokoki

• 2nd Gear
In Macedonia I must service my car on every  7.500 km. They give service book that I must service my car on 7.500 km. But in the user manual and says that I must do first service on 15.000 and after that on 20.000km.

I call this robbery on legal way :(!

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
the 7500km service is only a minor service (i.e oil and filter, basic check over) for "severe" conditions

i.e
- dusty conditions
- repeatedly driving short distances
- towing a trailer of caravan
- extensive idling
- driving in extremely adverse weather conditions or in areas where ambient temperatures are either extremely low or extremely high
- driving in high humidity or mountainous areas
- driving in areas which are high in salt or other corrosive materials
- driving on rough and/or muddy roads or in the desert
- driving with frequent use of brakes
- frequent driving in water

sorry its actually copied from my nissan's service book BUT it still applys to our hyundai's!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal