i30 Owners Club

Replaced crankshaft sensor now hard to start i30

Offline Malhowe

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      TAS
My i30 has 140,000km on it. I love it to death. It’s a petrol automatic.
Had a service 8 weeks ago. 3 weeks after is would randomly stall on me at idle. Started again fine and off I would go. It started to become more frequent & then if it stalled and I’d go to restart it I would loose the tachometer & it would loose power. If I turned it off and back on again it would be fine.
I took it to my mechanic, we got a code for battery and cam sensors. We replaced battery and spark plugs (as both needed doing) Car drove fine for about 2 weeks then started stalling again and same issues.
returned to my mechanic and we replaced both cam position sensors and crankshaft sensor.
I now have the car back and it’s not stalling at idle and I don’t have any of the existing issues anymore HOWEVER, it is now harder to start.
It’s like it’s trying a little harder to start or something. No weird noises, just not as instant as previously.
It does start and then drives perfectly once it does.
I never had an issue with starting it even when I had the stalling problem.
the mechanics said to keep an eye on it but it makes me a little nervous. The vehicle did sit for 12 days not driven before the mechanics could get it in with me periodically starting it but it’s got a brand new heavy duty battery so I don’t imagine it’s that!

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Is it just going to be a little harder to start now?
they’re trying to say next step would be looking into the timing chain but that doesn’t seem right. Would appreciate any thoughts around this. I don’t particularly want to drop any more money in it as recent repairs have been over $1000 and it’s not worth injecting anymore money into it if it’s going to be a never ending issue or timing chain?
Thanks in advance!
  • I30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal