i30 Owners Club

Prospective i30n line buyer

Davyo · 2 · 1092

Offline Davyo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hello this is my first post so be gentle.
Been tossing up buying an i30n line,I have just retired and want to get rid of my commodore and buy something smaller.
Have read just about every review on the n line and I'm still a bit confused about the dct. Some reviews say it's the best thing since sliced bread other not so good. I will be using it as a daily driver so looking for tips from you guys that have a dct. Sorry if this has been asked before but just after some advice. Thanks in advance .
  • I30n line

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Hi Davyo,

Currently have an 2018 i30 SR Premium DCT (the N-line replaced this model) - this has been my first automated transmission, all previous cars were manuals (I'm almost 60 and have had few cars  :D).

Will be ordering a new MY25 i30N Hatch manual (but keeping my fingers crossed that the Fastback will make a limited comeback) as soon as able to do so via dealers.

I miss the manual and engagement this gave with the driving experience.

The SR's DCT is very ordinary in stop/start traffic and I have a slight rise out of my driveway and the DCT slips 1st gear like crazy.
Once up at normal speeds the DCT is fine, but I'm frustrated with the low speed operation.
There's been a few situations where the DCT can't locate the correct gear and the car won't accelerate - almost had accidents during these times.

All I can say is go give the DCT a test drive and see whether you can live with it.

Cheers,
Pappy

• MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal