i30 Owners Club

Brake fluid leak

NicuL · 4 · 1051

Offline NicuL

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Uk
Hello people,  I've got a I30 1.0 l T GDI.
The problem is that I've got some brake fluid leaking from the pipe which enters the pump.  Any ideea how to fix it?
Thank you in advance!

• Hyundai i30 2018

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Could be you need to replace that little o-ring on the end of the fitting. I've had to replace the one on my clutch hose a couple of times. I'm surprised to see that kind of fitting on the brakes, I would have expected metal hydraulic unions that screw together, considering how safety critical they are. In fact, is that the clutch? Is that black plastic thingy the spigot that goes into the clutch housing for the slave cylinder? It might be an idea to pull out that metal retaining clip to check it hasn't broken. I bought a set of o-rings from Toolstation and they include some that are the right size.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 17:47:54 by BrendanP »
  • i30 CRD

Offline NicuL

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Uk
I thought that too, but if you go on Google or even worse to any garages,  including hyundai dealers they'll say that you might need to change the hall thing or they don't know. For vw I've seen some are coming with a small rubber cap, with a hall in it.
Yes, I'll change the seal and see if there will be any leaking.
Thank you!
  • Hyundai i30 2018

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
On my clutch hose, it's the other way around. The 'male' bit is part of the clutch, with the o-ring, and the hose has the receptacle with the spring clip. I couldn't get the broken spring clip, it was only sold as part of the hose (about £100), but I found a Vauxhall clip which was close enough (about £2). I enquired about the o-ring but the dealer told me they've never ordered one and "you'd be better off using one out of a kit"
Toolstation, box of assorted o-rings, £2-38
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal