i30 Owners Club

Interchangeable i30 rear bumper

Offline Gerryp68

• 2nd Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Hordaland
Hi.
I have a 2011 i30 1.4 petrol FD hatchback. I was hit from behind and the bumper needs to be replaced and the rear hatch.
Found a hatch and bumper in the same color from a scrap dealer where the car had severe front damage but it is a 2008 i30 1.6 petrol.
 The bumper has rear sensors while mine does not but otherwise it looks pretty much the same. Can anyone advise if it will fit mine? And are the bumper & rear hatch easy to replace on my own?

• 2011 i30 fd 1.4l Petrol

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I took the rear bumper off my 2011 hatchback to fit a towbar, and it wasn't difficult. Hopefully the impact hasn't damaged the attachment points for the bumper. If the scrapyard can give you the VIN number of the donor vehicle you can use www.partsouq.com to check the part number of the bumper and compare it to the one for your car to see if they're the same.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Gerryp68

• 2nd Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Hordaland
Thanks for the info. I looked up my chassis number and my car has part #866112L030 for the rear bumper. The scrapyard part# is the same only difference I can see is that it has rear parking sensors which mine doesn't. Gonna give it a try I guess

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
The bumper cover - as it's actually known, is held on by screws along the top edge, and along the side it clips in to the rear quarter panel, and I think there's a screw right at the end that goes in from inside the wheel well. Along the bottom it's attached with those plastic rivets. Hopefully the clips that grip it at the sides where it joins the rear quarter aren't damaged, otherwise it will not align with the panel. In my experience, it's usually the plastic on the bumper that breaks, so the only damage should be on the bit you're throwing away.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Gerryp68

• 2nd Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Hordaland
Thanks for the info. Looks like the attaching clips are fine and just the attachment on the bumper are broken. Received the replacement bumper today from the scrap yard....going to replace it over the weekend.
Thanks again

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Since you have the 'sensor' version now, you can try a DIY on getting parking assist.
It depends on how DIY you think you can be.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal