i30 Owners Club

Gauge cluster LCD display problem after a flat battery

Offline Frustratedi30owner

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi all, looking for some advice regarding an LCD display that is not working after a flat battery. I have a i30 PD SR MY2018. It's been a frustrating week. Battery went flat and after it being recharged and reinstalled at a dealership the LCD display on the gauge cluster is not working. At night I can see that there is power getting to the LCD as it's cycling between off and "black" every few seconds or so. The warning lights don't display either when the engine is first started. And lastly there is no indicator clicking sound when using the turn signal. The speedo and tacho gauges are working as are the turn signals and headlights. I can also get the cruise control to work despite not being able to see anything on the LCD display. I'm hoping the LCD hasn't been fried when the mechanic worked on the car. Could it just be a firmware issue? Dealership have said to drive the car for a bit and the display might reboot. That doesn't sound like good advice to me.
Any advice and guidance will be appreciated.
  • 2018 PD SR, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Turbo, DCT, Grey

Offline Frustratedi30owner

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I’ve just had another look at the car. The warning lights do come on as normal when starting the car.
  • 2018 PD SR, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Turbo, DCT, Grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal