i30 Owners Club

Back brake lights

Offline Liamski22

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
Hey guys!
I've had my FD for 8 months now and put over 17,000km on it, and I absolutely love it.
I do however have a few electrical gremlins that I wanted to ask about on here.
So the main one is that my brake lights on the either side are not working. Tail lights work and the centre brake light works but the ones on the sides aren't, I've checked the fuses, both bulbs and the contacts and can't seem to find anything wrong. Both bulbs were replaced a few months back and the brake lights worked fine, but they decided to stop working recently and at the same time. My other problem is none of my interior lights turn on, same thing, checked bulbs, contacts and fuses but can't find a problem.
Any help will be greatly appreciated and if I try the solutions I will post the results of this.
Thanks in advanced!
  • Hyundai i30 2009 1.4L

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Give your battery the old 'heave ho' by disconnecting it for 30 mins. That'll reset the BCM which will rule out one of the possible causes.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, when you checked the rear bulbs, if your model has the dual filament (bay15d), did you check both filaments? If they are both good, I would be checking for 12 volts at the bulb holder (with the brake pressed) and if you don't get 12volts it could be one of the two ( if memory serves correctly) brake switches on the pedal. I recall  that either the brake or the clutch has 2 switches.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Check no cable break where they go through the gromit in the hatch. Check no BCM fuse failed.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal