i30 Owners Club

Glow plug wiring bar

Offline PAISLEY1903

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
My i30 13 plate hA struggled the past 2 winters to start. Turn key and the light goes out in less than a second.  Takes multiple attempts to start.. sometimes it refuses.  Glow plugs etc all replaced but keeps happening.
Planning ahead I went down a rabbit hole and found online someone who replaced the glow plug wiring bus bar and it fixed their issue immediately.

I just wondered what others thoughts were on this. My local garage is happy for me to buy the part myself and he will fit it but I'm struggling to find it I did find K367202A800 as a code the user used and directs me to ebay on Google... but shows 2018 as registration and unsure if will work.

Any thought
  • I30 13 plate

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
To find a part specific to your vehicle go to https://partsouq.com and enter your VIN number. You can then look around the drawings for the part and find the part number.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline PAISLEY1903

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thank you.  Light goes out in 1 second so can't think it can be anything else ! Legend re link appreciated
  • I30 13 plate

Online I30 GD

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
The glow plug bar is just a piece of metal, I would check first if the bar isn't touching anything and that it's tight on the plugs, it's a basic part that doesn't fail often.
The light on mine goes out in a second, did it when I had 4 failed glow plugs, the same with 4 new ones so don't see that as an indication of anything.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 19:10:07 by I30 GD »
  • I30 gd

Offline PAISLEY1903

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thank you.  I suppose I'm clutching at straws trying to find a solution before it happens again when weather kicks in.

http://youtu.be/zqnlG49pZAE?si=EjzLtFT6EHaTdQ-j  made me wonder if this was my problem !

I was going to get this... :link: HYUNDAI i30 MK3 Glow Plug Wiring 367202A800 NEW GENUINE | eBay
  • I30 13 plate

Online I30 GD

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hyundai code for the wiring bar is 367202A800, as you said it might fix the problem, I would get your mechanic to check the old one first, the problem could be elsewhere.
  • I30 gd

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal