i30 Owners Club

Diagnostic/scan tool for PD diesel

Hati · 4 · 685

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I am on the hunt for a diagnostic too/scanner for my diesel PD 2017/2018 model.

I need three functions:

1. DPF regeneration
2. Electric park brake maintenance
3. Diesel fuel filter bleed

The first two are easy, but I am having real trouble finding one that can do the fuel filter bleed.

I spent days now searching this forum and the interwebs with very little luck. Anyone got lucky with this?

Open to alternatives too.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Clearly nobody around here had any answers after 300+ views, so here is the answer I was looking for: Autel MX808S
It does ALL the service functions, INCLUDING fuel line bleed.

It was a substantial gamble, the scanner and a 1080P inspection camera (that works with the scanner's 7" screen) set me back $600 posted. Now that I have tested it and it proved to be able to do all the important service functions (above mentioned fuel line bleed, electric park brake service and DPF regen) I am happy to have spent the money. No regrets.

Picked up all the modules I knew the car has, it was able to talk to them all and the special functions and active tests were available and working. As an added bonus it seems to be able to code tyre pressure sensors as well as smart keys.

I will never have to go to the dealer again with this tool in my shed. Happy days.

As an added bonus, the scanner has Android 11 that is still quite rare (5.x is the norm), wifi update and a very responsive screen. I tried a Foxwell scanner before this (now returned to the seller for a full refund) that was quite slow. This thing in comparison is on steroids.

The only downside is the updates. It is limited to 1 year from registration (clearly visible, can't miss it). After that they charge a fee to update for another year, but there are no functional restrictions, can continue using the scanner same as before expiry.

I can highly recommend it.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline I30 GD

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Does it do differential pressure sensor adaptation?
  • I30 gd

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Does it do differential pressure sensor adaptation?

I'm sorry, I can't say. Wasn't looking for that in particular. What I can say is that there are 18 subsystems in the car that it identified and communicated with. I recall seeing a lot of fuel system related entries but didn't look into those.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal