i30 Owners Club

Which GPS antenna for 2013 GD model ?

Offline French_Toast!

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
      Namur
Hello fellow Hyundai owners, I tried recently to change the original radio in my 2013 Hyundai I30 GD for an OG navigation Unit.
For information, I went from this :

to this :

Keep in mind that I got an European I30 which means wiring diagrams we can find online aren't 100% accurate.

Process isn't easy but doable. I was able to find valuable informations in a thread on this forum that sadly was archived before going to the end of the process and now I'm facing a new roadbock that prevent me from achieving the 100% perfect swap.
See, I've bought a 3rd party GPS antenna with a Fakra-C plug ( https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B083PPCV1W?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title ) that seems to work, but not completely.
When I turn on the car, the GPS unit know exactly where it was parked. But once the engine is running, the GPS signal seems to be frozen, the GPS doesn't know that the car is moving.
Came to my destination, turned off the engine, waited a few time, turned on the engine, the GPS unit knows where it is now. But whatever I try, It doesn't work then the car is running.

Does anyone know which GPS antenna is known for working with my GPS unit or if by any chance my antenna was a defective one ?

Below are the technical specs :
Car : 2012 Hyundai I30 GD (1.4 N/A gas engine with manual transmission)

GPS unit : GPS 96560-A6000 LAN1050EHGD

GPS Antenna : DollaTek Universal Active antenna with SMA/FAKRA-C connector (frequency : 1575.42MHZ voltage : 3.0 - 5.0V)

If anyone has and idea on how to make it work and/or which antenna I should change it for, it would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone is going through the same process and want to share information (both ways), I'm up for it too

Thanx !
  • 2013 GD 5 Door Hatch, Gaz 1.4, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal