i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 GD (2014) steering wheel buttons with aftermarket radio

Offline kagami

• 1st Gear

• it Italy
Hello!
I want to install Android head unit on my i30 that comes with factory navigation. I did a lot of research, I found pinout diagrams, I even found how to make 12V to 6V adapter to keep the OEM rear camera.

My goal is to make everyting as easy to install as possible, by preparing the needed cables myself and also keep as much of stock functionalities as possible. I imagine I'll end up with something like this. (source).

There are a few things I couldn't quite figure out however, I'll probably make another post about them, for this one I want to understand what to do with the steering wheel controls.

The aftermaket unit I plan to buy is Teyes CC3 2K and here is the wiring diagram

source.

Here is the pinout of navigation unit

source

I see that there are a few canbus boxes listed, does that mean I need to get one of them for SWC to work? Also I see that on socket C, pins 7 and 8 are related to canbus.

On car/nav side we can see that A1/A2, A13/A14, (MM_CAN_L, MM_CAN_H, HS_CAN_L, HS_CAN_H) are also realated to canbus, but are they related in any way to C7 and C8 on teyes unit? There are also A5 and A17 related to SWC.

Also I see that on Teyes unit, socket G pins 6 and 7 are related to SWC, but still no idea how.

I also know that universal SWC adapters/interfaces like this connects2 exist, but not sure if I need one and how does it connect with everything else.

Any clarifications are appreciated.
  • i30 II (2014) 1.4

Offline Nonna

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hey mate,

Recently went through an upgrade for my 2015 i30, I used this website in order to find all the required harnesses that should connect to your head unit. This meant I didn't have to mess about with wiring diagrams since it was all labeled and essentially plug and play. Depending on what parts you choose, you can retain SWC and even reverse camera if you have that. They also sell the correct fascia for your car so it all looks neat. My head unit (DMH-Z6350BT) came up in their "Fit your head unit" function which allowed me to get specific head unit harnesses. Since yours didn't come up in that search you could either find a head unit that shows up in their site. Or maybe rely on the diagrams that come with the harnesses.

Once you have figured out all the parts you need from that website you can order them from most retailers. I found it really easy to use.
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8L, Auto, Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal