i30 Owners Club

Immobilizer constantly on - i30 2008 1.6 petrol

Offline macak333

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
Hi guys,

Have a "weird one". So my i30 2008 1.6 petrol is acting up. The immobilizer light is always on. Even when the car is locked. It just happened over night (we did have a lot of rain that night).
So here it how it look when the car is locked. I have a car for over 4 years now and this immobilizer light was never on when car is locked.

So I checked if the antenna is the problem maybe. Maybe there was a corrosion on connector, which is located by the steering wheal. I disconnected it and there was no visible corrosion. So I tried to bridge the two pins to see if the immobilizer light will go off. No luck. So I think that antenna in not the culprit.
Then I took the plastic of the passenger side and disconnected the EM11 connector if there was some corrosion there...also no

So I don't know where to look next. Found some topic by some French dude, that found the problem in ECU:
:link: electrical wiring diagram
Maybe I have the same problem (?) but I do not have the same symptoms as him (my immobilazer light is constantly on, his didn't turn on).
Well the weird part is I can start the car. I will share the video for you to see, but after several attempts of cranking the engine, turning the key ON/OFF the car will start and drive no problem. But the immobilizer light will be on, unless I put the AC on, then the immobilizer light goes off and back on if i click the AC off (see video).
Before I go to deep in this investigation if you guys have any input please do share.
Video: :link: - YouTube

Regards.
  • I30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal