i30 Owners Club

2015 i30 GD-02 Speaker Upgrade

Online Nonna

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hi Guys,

I've just recently upgraded my head unit in my 2015 i30 Active GD-02, which I am really enjoying. I think the next step in my upgrades would be the front speakers. After a lot of research I've landed on these Morel Maximo Ultra 602 HE, but I just have a few questions about the install.

What speaker adapter will I need to connect the factory plugs to these inputs. These are the adapters that are available to me, If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Also once I have connected the adapter and installed my woofer, how are the tweeters typically connected? The model of speaker I linked have inline crossovers for the tweeters and integrated crossover for the woofers so there is no need for a crossover to be installed separately. Can I just connect the tweeters to the connection between the woofer and the speaker adapter? I haven't opened the door up yet so I'm not sure how the current tweeters are connected - Will I need speaker adapters for the tweeters as well?

Thank you.
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8L, Auto, Silver

Online Nonna

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hi,

In relation to my last post, I have rang around a couple installers in my area who have all said that my model (2015 i30) does not have a vehicle specific adapter or speaker spacer. As such I am going to try DIY it, I don't won't take the plug off and solder the connections as I wish to be able to return it all back to stock if I sell the car. My plan is to use the below OEM plug that is on the car side.

To then use speaker wire like this wire which I will insert them into the plug above and then probably using electrical tape secure them in the plug. I will then use something like this (not sure on the size yet) in order to create a DIY adapter for the speaker terminals on my new speakers..

Has anyone done anything like this before? Is there a better way to do this? Will there be any issues with using a connection like this (i.e. quality)?

Thanks, Nonna
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8L, Auto, Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal