i30 Owners Club

Headlights for different countries.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
I am looking at buying a set of headlights, from sharkracing,
however was notified that they are for LHD cars, not good as im in the UK, RHD.
Does anybody know if and how you change the beam pattern on them, to suit the Uk roads, or weather anybody has any experiance with this problem ?
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
I have headlights from Sharkracing and I am from the land of Oz (RHD). I was once thinking of the same things you're thinking now, but I got over it. There is a metal plate inside inside the barrel of the headlight which is held on by 3 screws, but cannot be removed unless you separate the front lens from the rear casing.
Having said that there is only one solution if you're still worried. Buy a set of headlights from the UK and send them over to Sharkracing for the conversion. Otherwise they would be doing the same thing, but buying the Korean spec. That way you only up for the cost of the rings.
For me I don't see it as a problem anymore. On the very rare occasion a car travelling in the opposite direction might flash his high beam at me thinking I was on high beam too. Sharkracing suggested that I adjust the beams lower to compensate but I haven't bothered.
Hope this helps

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal