i30 Owners Club

Galeb's Hyundai i30, MY2011, iThink equipment, CRDi

Galeb · 35 · 12849

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
You can see my introduction in this thread https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6889.0
And this is the introduction of my new ride :)

It has CRDi engine, 90HP, 235Nm of torque, and 6 speed gear shifter, equipment package is called iThink, on which I added spoiler, ESP and cruise control.
It's a model year 2011, so it comes with different front, turn lights in side mirrors, sills (see the pictures because I'm not sure is this the right word and I'm not native English speaker), and bunch of other beautiful thing.
Please comment, ask question if you have any and enjoy the pictures! :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks excellent Galeb (congratulations)  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and its got that sexy new front.  :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
nice work and the 6 speed manual gear box... have they finally upgraded the 4 speed auto in your part of the world??

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

nice work and the 6 speed manual gear box... have they finally upgraded the 4 speed auto in your part of the world??

Still 4 speed Auto Joel ..

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/i30/specifications/

(UK model is made in in same factory as the Croation cars)

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
Finally you are here :)

Don't forget to write you plan to ChipTune your's and to upgrade lights to Xenon :)

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
Thx everybody. They are still selling 4speed automatic transmission in Europe (really the shame :(). If they upgraded I would most likely went with auto transmission. 6speed manual is great and in low speeds (80km/h - 50mph) engine is going as low as 3,2 l/100km. My average is at the moment 6,2 litre, but the car has not made even 600km yet.

i30 are produced in Czech Republic in Europe, i think newest Hyundai factory in the whole world. They are somewhat different than the models produced in South Korea.

Offline mtuckeruk

• 2nd Gear
Nice car! Pity they put the steering wheel on the wrong side!!!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :lol: :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline mtuckeruk

• 2nd Gear
Nice car! Pity the numbers are all backwards, but I specifically like the position of the steering wheel relative to the overall car.  :lol:

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
This was a nice one :)
This weekend I'm traveling to the coast, weather is fantastic so I hope to make better pictures in some more attractive surroundings. Stay tuned :)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

Offline Argus

• 3rd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bydgoszcz

• Bydgoszcz Poland
Hello Galeb!
Your new I30 looks great, especially in red.
 Nice rims, rear spoiler, and good equipment.
What? Rustynutz told lies...you have the steering wheel on correct side (identical like mine). His steering wheel is on wrong side! And probably he drives on the left side :lol:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Nice!
Thanks for the nice pictures Galeb :)
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
What? Rustynutz told lies...you have the steering wheel on correct side (identical like mine). His steering wheel is on wrong side! And probably he drive on the left side :lol:

The left side is the right side... :lol:

Here's an interesting read.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic#History

Offline duke

• 2nd Gear
Nice ride Galeb, we just got our elanta touring (i30) here in the us. Same color, rear of the car is not the same , like the i-pod out front ours is in center console, no option here for lighted side mirrows but has the2.0 138 hp.also the one touch turn signals, 17 wheels with leather.  Have fun on the coast ,we will be leaveing for our first drive to eat the famous maryland crabs ( OH AND BEER)!

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Nice car sosedu! :wink:
Fuel consumption will be much better after you do few thousand kilometers.

Otherwise..
1. Looks great in red
2. Looks great with new front
3. Looks well equipped

Do you have any other plans for the car in future? Like chip tuning or something?  8)

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb

Do you have any other plans for the car in future? Like chip tuning or something?  8)

you did not see my post? :)

we work in the same company :) - 10 meters away :)

he will write it here but he's done his first tuning this weekend

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
Here is an update. I chipped it last Saturday and got xenon light. I also got set of black steel rims and set of winter tires.

Tires are Dunlop SP WinterSport 3D in 195/65 R15 dimension (narrower than stock tires which are 205 wide). As temperatures climbed this week over 10C I can't say are they good or not, so I will write an update after first snow (won't be long).

Xenons - I think xenon lights are must have on i30. I was very satisfied with stock lights, but xenon lights are just transforming night to day. Driving in pitch darkness is a pleasure now :) Also this is very cheep upgrade - roughly $100.

As for the chipping  :razz: :razz:
I don't have accurate measurements (I will have them soon :)) but aim and estimate is from 90 to 115 HP, and from 235 to 285 Nm of torque.
Engine is much more snappier and faster in acceleration, and fuel consumption dropped considerably - not it reads 4,6 liters/100km.
I will wait colder weather and more driving in the city to get more accurate fuel usage as this seem just too less to me.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
I wonder if thee chip causes the fuel consumption reading to be inaccurate?? Doesn't it cause the fuel mix to be injected to be different and does it after the computer?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wonder if thee chip causes the fuel consumption reading to be inaccurate?? Doesn't it cause the fuel mix to be injected to be different and does it after the computer?

Will be easy enough to check.. just fill her to the brim.. do some good driving .. fill her to the brim again and do some calculations.. it might be right... :mrgreen:

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
I will do just as Dazzler wrote, but I expect that board comp is correct (with possibility of +/-0,2 L error).

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
My fuel cons. was about the same after chip tuning, even though I drove/drive it a bit faster than before the, but with less "effort".

Yes xenon lights are great, had it in my too (4300k color), but took it out because I didn't want to have problems with police. If they are not in a good mood, the "fine" is not low and they take away your license plates, etc..only complications. They are also great because they don't go out that fast (we had a xenon kit in previous Santa Fe for 2 years + a lot of working hours and it didn't show any signs that it will blow out any time soon - which you would expect from a cheap kit - under 100EUR). If you install any "+50%" bulbs, they will go out in few months. I have some "+30%" bulbs from Philips now, and they are still working, but don't know for how long. If they manage 6 months, it will be ok.

When you test your winter tires in snow, please do report how it felt, because I've heard only good things about them..

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
If police asks me - I got Xenons with my car  :rolleyes:
I expect to drive to Austria/Swiss border in around 10 days, so I guess I will have more snow than I ever imagined :)

Offline Galeb

• 2nd Gear
Two and a half months ago I took some photos in the fort just above my birth town Šibenik, and as my life was really busy I forgot about them. Well, here there are now, a bit downsized, but otherwise not touched. Hope you will enjoy and like them :)
(P.S.: If you want to find more about Šibenik visit google maps link http://tinyurl.com/sibenik-fort, http://www.sibenik-tourism.hr/eng/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Šibenik).
View from the location:

And from across the Sibenik bay, you can clearly see the fort.

Exterior of i30

Interior of i30, please disregard floor mats :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Galeb.. great photos .. Lovely looking place and Brilliant car  :mrgreen: :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal