i30 Owners Club

2010 v 2011 models

i30Bob · 23 · 7873

Offline i30Bob

• 2nd Gear
  • i30 Comfort 1.6 CRDi Auto in Steel Gray....

• gb United Kingdom
      Craigavon, Co Aermagh
Hi Guy's

This may sound stuped but how do you tell if your i30 is a MY2010 or a MY2011?

Regards
Bob

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
bob have a look at your compliancesticker inside the left hand front door jam,or look at your Vin#,i think the 10Th # in from the left is the build year.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline umbro

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Romania
or you can check any side windows and on the last row there should be something like -"7"(2007) "-8"(2008) "-0"(2010) and it will tell you the year it left the factory.Mine has -7 but on the official papers it says its build in march 2008 and when i asked the dealer he said its actually build in October 2007 but they put the date on witch it was imported.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just be aware that build year and model year can be different as my wife's new CW is a 2010 build but an MY11 model I believe (There are apparently 2 x MY11 models already in Australia)

The Wife's has black Headlight bezel and silver Roof rails (MY11 version 1) but doesn't have bluetooth...(MY11 version 2)

Not sure what the differences are between MY10 & MY11 in Europe though (Probably outlined on here somewhere  :eek:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :confused: :confused:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
If there are two versions in a year the VIN code doesn't change and they get referred to (casually) as MY11 and MY11.5 etc.

For Nosovice at least the model year seems to changed around the end of August. The details are in the VIN decoder.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
usually a car has 3 model series over the year. well in Australia our cars built here do,we have cars that have a series 1,2 or 3 depending on what part of the year they are built. for instance a series 1 is the first 4 months,series 2 the next 4 months and series 3 is the last 4 months of the year. do Hyundai do this lorian?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Not really. The i30 schedule was more complex in the last 18 months because of the introduction of the U2 and then two bumper/package changes, but before that the models year seem to have stayed the same from August to August each year. The U2 CRDi introduction was on 2009.5MY cars, then 2010MY followed on soon (in the guise of "edition") rapidly folllowed by the 2011MY (new front bumper and 5yr triple care) cars even though it wasn't many months in to 2010 - April IIRC.

It would seem they work to a target model year change over date in the middle of July, all things being equal.

I'm pretty sure there wont be any more significant changes now until the full facelift is introduced. Perhaps then we will see a new 2.0CRDi - don't think we'll ever see a new 2.0 Petrol. But I'm guessing.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 very informative as always lorian  :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm pretty sure there wont be any more significant changes now until the full facelift is introduced. Perhaps then we will see a new 2.0CRDi - don't think we'll ever see a new 2.0 Petrol. But I'm guessing.

I reckon the facelifted version might get direct injection petrol engines as per the i45 though  :cool:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I'd be happy to just get the bumper upgrade.  :idea: :razz: i think the 2.0 petrol engine's are still a little ways off any change. IMO. but a turbo would be nice.  :mrgreen:

Offline Boogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hmmm interesting because with me looking around, I want a brand new MY11 model hence my reason to wait that few more months until they start to filter into the dealers. Especially if they come with the little extra's to distinguish them from 2010's.

I'm hoping that the T/D will come with a 6 sp manual by then too as I read that the Kia Rio's are now 6 speed and that the i30's are based on the same platform.

but as usual, there is always generally a few months difference between build date and compliance date. I try not to buy a brand new car at the beginning of the year as even tho it will be registered as for example January/February 2011 brand new, the build date will be November/December 2010.  Come trade in time unfortunately on the used car market the dealer is only interested in the build date.  So even tho your brand new car is registered in the January, technically it's already a year old.. something to think about also when putting down the money for a brand new car.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's not so much the build date but the compliance plate date that matters..and if you have something like my wife's Tiida to trade you will get more on a 2010 build/compliance than a 2011..
My Wife's Tiida was built in 2006, Compliance was 06/2007 and first reg 3/2008  :faint:.. The dealer treated it as a 2007 model.. We got $1000 free fuel and reduced on road costs when we bought it so as long as the changeover is good then go for it I say... :winker:

If you keep it long enough (say 5 years) then the diffence in resale is much less..but the first couple of years is a killer..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I went right into this when I bought mine because the build date was 2008, Australian compliance was 2009, sold in 2009.
Because the Australian compliance plate is 2009 it is a 2009 car here, even at trade-in time.
It's licensed as 2009, insured as 2009 and the dealers will take the Australian compliance plate as its year.
It had me a bit concerned at first, but that's what my inquiries led me to and the dealers I spoke to said they only take notice of the Australian compliance.
Because remember, if they trade it as a 2009, they can also sell it as a 2009.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Boogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Wow obviously laws have changed over the years since I worked in the car industry, because we always went by the build date on trade in time and the first thing we went to look for. Private sales you could then sell it has a later year model by compliance date.
Although I have to admit, its been 7 years since I was working there so I haven't really had much to do it with it..

Good info cheers! :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Here's an interesting one... :D

I bought my Hybrid Camry in August with 6000kms on it . it was an executive driven company demo without so much as paint chip or tiny scratch on it..    and as well as getting A$7000 off the listed and advertised price I also got a good trade price for my i30 CRDi..

Now this is the interesting part .. The Build and compliance dates I discovered later are 12/09  :faint: (but there is no such thing as an 09 Camry Hybrid in Australia as they weren't released here until Feb 2010 when this car was first registered...)

So.... I see why they were keen to giveme a good deal.. but the way I see it there will be no redbook price for an 2009 Hybrid Camry so when I go to trade I cant see how it should effect my tradein value...

I know residuals on Hybrid vehicles can be a bit low but by saving $7000 on my changeover when I bought it I figure I have almost saved the first years depreciation  :goodjob:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :goodjob: :razz:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
things must have changed, as every car i've had the selling dealer trys to sell off the compliance & would tell you it's the compliance you go off, but trade in time they would go off the build date, i would point out what i was told buying it and they would disgard that say as it came off factory essembly line on build date, thats how old it is so it's been laying around since then.
when i see my Brother in Law i'll ask him as he is a wholesaler. they call car buyer "Wood Duck's"
myself i'm what you see is what you get type person, so if i see it was built on this day thats how old it is as compliance can be stuck on anytime & i would not put it past some to unstick re-stick.

Offline scottie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
    • Cranbourne Hyundai
OK to sum this all up for everyone!
2010 model's are and where non existence as of middle to late 2010 as this is the way Hyundai introduce it and to reduce customer's asking on what model it is!
currently Hyundai i30 have a few model's!
my11 non bluetooth
in hatch and cw
petrol and diesel!

my11 with bluetooth
hatch and cw!

my11 trophy in hatch and cw!
limited with colour's (red, vivid blue, hyper silver medium and white)
does only come in the 2.0 ltr petrol model and a option of manual and diesel for both hatch and cw!
stock is limited and dealership's have a allocation of a limited amount of a range or all the above!

so effectively the difference in look of the my10 and my11 is
hatch
Alloy wheel's on the SLX model and the black in the headlight's!
cw
Alloy wheel's in the SLX model and have changed the roof rails to silver, not black!
had alot of customer not happy with the change which took place about august as we weren't informed of the change and customer preferred the black roof rails and the older alloy's!

funny story though with all of this! with the my11 SX model you can only tell with the black headlight's and we had if in stock for about a month befor we realised it was the update for the i30

Offline scottie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
    • Cranbourne Hyundai
ok with the compliance issue and build date's! yes it does play effect alot especially if it's a renault or jeep or chrysler! built dates on some of their vehicle's i've seen say for example built 02/04 but compliance, sold and registered 08/08
would it make it a 08 model or a 04 model?
it makes it a 04 model! just 1 of those car's the brand hasn't been able to sell and they managed to find a buyer!

as a buyer point of view it suck's and when traded it's like sugar for the wholesaler.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The dealers can't have it both ways. It has to be one or the other.
If they sell the car to you as a 2009 model then they have to trade it as a 2009 model.
To do otherwise would certainly contravene our state laws as it would mean a deliberate misrepresentation of the facts upon selling it to you.
In other words, if they believed it to be a 2008 car because of its build date in South Korea (and would intend to use that upon buying it back), but sold it to you as a 2009 car because of its Australian compliance plate, then they would be committing an offence and I would definitely take them to task over it.
If I trade mine I'll certainly be asking the question!
I have spoken to a few dealerships about this because of the issue when I bought mine, and they have all told me (even the ones that didn't sell the car to me) that it would be treated as a 2009 car in this state.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
OK to sum this all up for everyone!
2010 model's are and where non existence as of middle to late 2010 as this is the way Hyundai introduce it and to reduce customer's asking on what model it is!
my11 non bluetooth
in hatch and cw
petrol and diesel!

my11 with bluetooth
hatch and cw!

my11 trophy in hatch and cw!
limited with colour's (red, vivid blue, hyper silver medium and white)
does only come in the 2.0 ltr petrol model and a option of manual and diesel for both hatch and cw!
stock is limited and dealership's have a allocation of a limited amount of a range or all the above!

so effectively the difference in look of the my10 and my11 is
hatch
Alloy wheel's on the SLX model and the black in the headlight's!
cw
Alloy wheel's in the SLX model and have changed the roof rails to silver, not black!
had alot of customer not happy with the change which took place about august as we weren't informed of the change and customer preferred the black roof rails and the older alloy's!

funny story though with all of this! with the my11 SX model you can only tell with the black headlight's and we had if in stock for about a month befor we realised it was the update for the i30

Scotty, that's for Americans as they are so impatient all US car manufactures bring out next years model about July or August but i'm Australian so has to be build after 1st 1st on the year . sounds like the horses birthday to me m8 LOL
cheers

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Something wrong here, Scottie as I have a 2010 model which I picked up mid March of last year.
Build date is February 2010, Compliance March 2010.  :-\

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal