i30 Owners Club

stereo not turning off... anyone else encountered this problem???

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
as per the thread title, the stereo in my SX i30 isnt turning off with the ignition... its decided that it needs to stay on for another minute after the car is turned off... now this DOESNT really bother me as i only drive it to work, and i roll a smoke in that minute so i make sure its turned off when i walk away, and same at home

but i was wondering if anyone else gets it... and what causes it... i THINK it may have something to do with the ipod touch i have (first gen) as it doesnt do it when i unplug the ipod and lead... that ive noticed!

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
I have noticed that if I have a gps plugged into the power socket it still gets power for a short time after the ignition is turned off, and the electric windows work for a short time as well. Never timed either of them to see how long they stay on after ignition turned off.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I have noticed the power windows, but they only work if you have not opened a door, don't use an iPod so don't know about that.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
hrmm... anyone? im conotemplating sending it in for a warranty job...

the car has 3 problems now :( but im still happy as shit with it!

(btw the problems are stereo, water in the boot lock mechanisim, and water getting into the head lights)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal