MY11, built 2010?

hornbill · 55 · 14074

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• CW SLX 2.0 Auto Petrol Hyper Silver
OK, here's the update...

Found over the weekend that there are 2011 built coming in / already in stock with some dealers. Did some thinking over and decided to switch to a latest 2011 built instead.

Did a win-win nego with the dealer. Papers signed today. Same car, but built in Jan 11, compliance April 11. Only 3 months younger. Deal is sealed.

Delivery takes few weeks. I'm not in a hurry, so not fuss about it.

Thanks all for your support and tips...owning a i30cw seem more real now. Looks like I will hang around here with you guys for some time.

There you go...good nite.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Congrats  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :brilliant: :i30: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
 :goodjob: hurrah! did you get it at the same price as a 2010 built?

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

No jabber, i paid $370 extra for it. They asked for $800 extra initially. We nego'ed and agreed on mid-way figure. At least no one walked away bleeding from the deal... :) I've gone too far into the deal to start all over again with another dealer, so...

And at least i can sleep at night knowing I bought a 1st batch of 2011 built parked in my garage. :)

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
No jabber, i paid $370 extra for it. They asked for $800 extra initially. We nego'ed and agreed on mid-way figure. At least no one walked away bleeding from the deal... :) I've gone too far into the deal to start all over again with another dealer, so...

And at least i can sleep at night knowing I bought a 1st batch of 2011 built parked in my garage. :)

i sure hope you can sleep hornbill! you've got a few weeks before your baby's delivery ... i'd be tossing n' turning if i had to wait that long!  :D

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

hmmm...maybe I'd be losing sleep researching what's a first thing to do when the baby arrives.. :D

Paint protection & tinting are topping my list. Anything else?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
  • Mudflaps.
  • USB Flash Drive to put some driving music on...
  • Bonnet Gas Struts.

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Thanks rusty.

Mine will come with BT, suppose I can hook-up my iPhone to the car BT system for audio and phone calls? My driving will be mainly in the city, do I still need mudflaps? Never thought of bonnet gas struts though.

Can I have show of hands how many of you here installed mudflaps & bonnet gas struts? I know rusty is one.

Pip
Mudflaps ought be standard... I think Hy missed out here. Anyway they are cheap enough and easy to fit yourself.  :goodjob: WRT the gas struts, I thought they were pretty good at first but now I'm not that impressed with them. Too weak, mostly because the mount points are less than ideal. But then again they are cheap enough too... :neutral:

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Thanks Pip. I might consider mudflaps and do it myself. Anyone know where I can get one in Melb, how much are they? I take that it's more expensive if I get it from HY direct?

Came across a site the other day, they sell all HY parts/accesories but I lost the link.

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
hi hornbill!

ebay sells mudflaps cheap, easy to put on so if you order now should get to you when your baby's delivered. same with window shields. i'm replacing the ones the dealer installed for me with a set of 4 i ordered.

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

thanks jabb. my quick search on ebay for mud guards return this results;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ArtX-Hyundai-i30-i30cw-LED-Lamp-Mud-Guard-/260570753767?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cab3a2ae7#ht_5259wt_906

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ArtX-Hyundai-i30-i30cw-3D-Eyeline-Mudguard-/260547496749?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ca9d74b2d#ht_6590wt_906

:lol: :lol: just by looking at it makes me feel old...but it looks kinda cool though. was actually looking for the traditional mud guard type. Will do more search later on. jabb, if you got the link to mudguard on ebay, can you send it to me pls? thanks mate!

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
G'day Hornbill,

I've used these guys for my dash mat and sports pedals.  They are genuine parts as well, so fit well.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Adelaide-Parts/Hyundai-/_i.html?_nkw=i30&submit=Search&_fsub=339665219&_sid=580883189

As for audio, I use my iPod with the genuine Hyundai cable.  I can drive the iPod through the steering wheel and stereo.  Again, look on eBay as the genuine Hyundai parts are expensive ($80 if I remember rightly).

FatBoy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Hornbill ..

The retail price for 2 x pairs of mudflaps for the CW is about $110 from the Dealer ($55 per pair) but you might be able to negotiate better..

See my comments in here...

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=7872.msg96555#msg96555

also Search "Mudflaps" for other threads...

:wtf: with those other mudguards  :rolleyes:

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Thanks guys. I'll check those links out and do more research on it. Things should get less "muddy" after few days of research I think... :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Found some CW mudflaps on eBay.......

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GENUINE-HYUNDAI-I30-WAGON-MUD-FLAP-SET-MUD-SPAT-MOULDED-/300490759191?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f6a51c17

Mine will come with BT, suppose I can hook-up my iPhone to the car BT system for audio and phone calls?
Less mucking around with a flash drive and your steering wheel audio controls will work with them too.

WRT the gas struts, I thought they were pretty good at first but now I'm not that impressed with them. Too weak, mostly because the mount points are less than ideal. But then again they are cheap enough too... :neutral:
Other than being a little slow to fully extend, I've found they work fine...... :cool:

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Thanks rusty for the link. Haven't been mudflap'ing today, been busy at work. Maybe do some research tonite... :)

If the BT works fine, I then have to think of what to do with my BlueAnt ST 3. Maybe sell it on ebay or here in the forum... :)

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

OK. Did some reading on mudflaps in the forum. Seem like putting it on w/o taking the wheels off is an uphill battle? Taking the wheels of is definitely a NO NO for me.

Seem like some of you here are able to fix it w/o taking the wheels off, but I don't have that special Z screwdriver or anything like that. Last thing I want to do is spend money to buy that special screwdriver / spanner just to fix a mudflaps??  :P

Maybe I should just get it from the dealer and try get them fix it for me, expect some labour charges there I guess...Dang, I should've negotiated this in the deal earlier on... :'(

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
OK. Did some reading on mudflaps in the forum. Seem like putting it on w/o taking the wheels off is an uphill battle? Taking the wheels of is definitely a NO NO for me.

I took my wheels off (didn't fancy trying to get the far reaching screws tight with a bendy driver). I'm an unfit grandad BTW :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

I took my wheels off (didn't fancy trying to get the far reaching screws tight with a bendy driver). I'm an unfit grandad BTW :P
:sweating: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline hornbill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

I'm not yet a grandad, will be a dad soon BUT probably as unfit as a grandad when it comes to car mechanics... :'( :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Seem like some of you here are able to fix it w/o taking the wheels off, but I don't have that special Z screwdriver or anything like that. Last thing I want to do is spend money to buy that special screwdriver / spanner just to fix a mudflaps??  :P

A Z shaped screw driver should be no more than a couple of $... Even a very short normal screwdriver might do the job if you turn the front wheels as far as you can to get them out of the way a bit  :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Taking the wheels of is definitely a NO NO for me.

See it as practice in case you ever get a puncture.... :P  :winker:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal