Radio - changing to view temperature etc

Kimba · 13 · 5686

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Hello guys - I have a silly question..

I have a my11 built in 2010 i30 and I was trying to get it to show temperature the other day.  I have the radio with the bluetooth so the menu buttons aren't there anymore.  I've looked in the instruction manual but sure enough it has the old instructions in it.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to change the display so it says temperature?

ALSO a bit off topic but we got a hire car the other day and it was an i30, when we got to a certain speed, it locked all the doors?  How can I get mine to do that? Or can it do that?

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
hi Kimba! do you have a pic of your radio? you may (or may not) have the same radio model as mine so i can check my users manual.

strange that your i30 doesn't lock at a certain speed  :question: my HALO activates at 20kph. the iMax i drive at work locks at 40kph. i believe you can have that activated on your car by your dealer.

Pip
As said, auto locking (HALO) is dealer (de)activated and for what ever reason some come with it on and some off. Just ask them to change it for you. I also think it can be at 25Km/h or 40Km/h. You might look for threads where it is discussed though, some including me found it a PITA because back seat passengers cannot get out while the engine runs without the driver unlocking the doors. Very annoying when dropping someone off. I could never remember which was the door lock and which was the window lock.  :-[

As for the temperature, some here reported that the temp was a casualty when BT radio was added. So no temp readout for you I suspect.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

As for the temperature, some here reported that the temp was a casualty when BT radio was added. So no temp readout for you I suspect.

I suspect that is why the temp and clock are a separate item in the ix20.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think there are actually 3 versions of Radio ..

(a) the old non bluetooth one with a temperature readout..

(b) Bluetooth equipped Radio without temp (Which I also suspect that you have)

(c) Fairly sure a couple on here have reported very recent cars with both Bluetooth AND Temp Readout

Recently rented a Skoda Octavia with Halo (quite liked it) but neither of our i30s have had Halo activated..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
I had my HALO activated on the second service.  I love it.  :D   But perhaps its just that my warped sense of humor finds it funny when the back seat passenger sits there trying to open the door.  :rofl:  I do feel safer when I'm by myself in the car.  There are some very, very angry people on the roads these days.  :scared:
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I didn't get HALO activated on the i30, but it is on in the ix20 and I really like it.  Again it gives me peace of mind when Kim is driving on her own :razz:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Halo can be activated by dealer.

The only thing you need to remember is if it has activated and you  stop and the driver gets out the car without removing the key or deactivating the halo, if the drivers door closes it may lock and leave you outside.

Engine running you locked out..............................
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Very interesting.. I might think if I really need HALO because I think I would be one of those people who get out of the car and leave it running only to find that I've locked myself out  :sweating:

What is interesting is that I used to be able to view the temperature but I had a few issues with my radio (had to be replaced twice because the bluetooth was interfering with it) and I wonder if they replaced it with a radio that doesn't show the temp anymore.  I used to be able to get it by pressing the DISPLAY button..

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I think there were a few early ones that did both, but there were problems so they got rid of the temp display.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hmmm...almost 18 months after the previous post, I'm considering changing the radio in the '09 i30 for one of those all-you-can-eat systems. Does anyone know whether any of them still retains all of the existing features including temperature?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline flydon

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Comox, BC.
The centre display between the speedo and tach now have the temp, at least in N America.
The door lockout is also owner changeable from a speed to when shifting from Park to Rev or drive. Automatically unlocks when placing in Park, which is the way we prefer it to be, definitely no chance of locking yourself out, unless you get out with vehicle in gear.
The clock is on the radio display,very small numbers with the radio on, but VERY large with the radio off, also shows date with radio off.
Don
  • 2013 Elantra 1.8 GT-SE no tech.2007 Hyundai Tucson, 2.7 V6 both gasoline/petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hmmm...almost 18 months after the previous post, I'm considering changing the radio in the '09 i30 for one of those all-you-can-eat systems. Does anyone know whether any of them still retains all of the existing features including temperature?

I doubt you would be able to get the temperature readout to work on an aftermarket system.. You would need to clarify this with a seller before purchase. If they sell it as suitable for the i30 they should know such things.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal