i30 Owners Club

Our Car Returns! Pics!

i30RWAB · 41 · 9625

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
On try number two, our very local collision shop returned to us our most loyal employee! No more weird noises and everything looks great. I made sure I sustained highway speeds for a short bit on the way to the rental return and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Every day we drive about 100 Miles so by end of day tomorrow we will have a more complete picture. Speaking of pictures, below is a link which should take you to my most humble photobucket albums. There you will find pictures of our car inside and out. This way we can all appreciate the rear seat delete option!  :lol:

Enjoy!

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z381/i30rwab/Return%20of%20the%20RWAB/

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
 :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Hope that the next 100 miles prove Really Well And Beautiful!!
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
Thanks! Though it now occurs to me that I should have posted this in the pictures section  :sweating: Perhaps that can be the general discussion?  :whistler:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Thanks! Though it now occurs to me that I should have posted this in the pictures section  :sweating: Perhaps that can be the general discussion?  :whistler:

Your wish is granted sir! :mrgreen:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the photo link..very roomy.. :goodjob: (like you lighter interior .. nice change from the boring old grey interior in most cars over here)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Great piccies, nice car good job, yes I think large magnets is the way to go...    :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
I must say this is the first beige/tan/brown interior that I have actually liked. And that was before we spent the money on it too!! We put 115 miles on the clock today, and not one strange noise or errant rattle was to be detected.  :mrgreen: I would also like to thank everyone who tried (and succeeded) in keeping our spirits up while we were waiting!

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Great news mate.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
as good as new.?  :winker: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
Well.....almost. Today the A/C completely quit. I'm guessing that this has to do with the condenser having been replaced. This means another lovely phone call on Monday to the auto body shop.  :faint:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Well.....almost. Today the A/C completely quit. I'm guessing that this has to do with the condenser having been replaced. This means another lovely phone call on Monday to the auto body shop.  :faint:

Oh no, what rotton luck  :fum: :fum: :fum:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:disapp:

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
UPDATE  We have been using our car each day for work. Though there are still several lingering issues which are to be remedied by a DIFFERENT body shop. There is a humming/howling of a faint nature emanating from the rear of the car. And there is also a binding, popping, sometimes clunking over bumps sensation in the front. If you have ever driven a car with bad ball joints, that would not be unlike what I have here. The popping is most evident when the car is stopped and you turn the wheel to opposite locks. Also if I brake moderately hard there is sometimes a "clunk" and then again when I accelerate away there is sometimes another "clunk". The air conditioning works intermittently, though never when it is really hot outside. This leads me to believe that the system has been overcharged. YES!  :evil: That's all for now, I've got a late start today and twelve homes to clean! Here's to hoping all the wheels make it home with us!  :lol:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Oh dear, so sad, well at least ya can vent your spleen at work and give those houses what for till they sparkle  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've got a late start today and twelve homes to clean! Here's to hoping all the wheels make it home with us!  :lol:

Very frustrating and disappointing...

At least you still have your sense of Humour (I admire you for that in the circumstances)  :goodjob:

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
OK.....this is try number three...I keep getting some blacklist message. So now it's the short, short version. I fixed the a/c today. It was over-pressurized. Yes I kept it legal. The front end is still "clunking" in fact it's growing worse. Insurance says our car might get into a shop by Monday. But now at least I can freeze on demand. Camping for three days starting tomorrow, so more updates upon our return! And since I fear the dreaded blacklist message again I am no longer including a link to the following tune which always seems to be playing in my mind. Please let this work :confused:

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for persevering RWAB  :goodjob: Nothing worse than a long post erroring out... :disapp:

Hang in there mate  :goodjob:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Great news. Hope it will keep on working great!

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
UPDATE:   The car performed OK on our camping trip, though the clunking persists. Today she goes under the knife/wrench again. Let's hope for a good draw at the rental lot and a quick return. I'd post a video of yours truly leaping off a bridge, but I think I exceed the file size on our server  :rofl:   More to come soon......

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

... but I think I exceed the file size on our server  :rofl:   

:rofl: (If i'll fit, you will...) :winker: (anyway no need for that, sounds like you are getting sorted slowly)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
don't worry about being generously proportioned/rubinesque/well padded.  Since I quite smoking bout thirty years ago I have gone like a barrage baloon <sigh>

Don't chuck yerself off the bridge either, consider others, you might land on some poor sucker on a boat thinking of chuckin himself in the river  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck with the car, I hope they sort it out for ya......  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't chuck yerself off the bridge either, consider others, you might land on some poor sucker on a boat thinking of chuckin himself in the river  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We loves ya Asa.. and your funny little sayings   :goodjob2: :rofl:

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
UPDATE:  Dropped the car off at my shop of choice today. Immediately I could perceive the higher level of professionalism here. They took the time to hear out my very detailed account of the accident, our car, and the previous poor attempts at repairing it. We drew a honda civic from the rental lot, and now I see why honda is losing market share. Also it reminds me that once again we are without our most loyal employee  :disapp: Time will tell how much more requires replacing and adjusting and you can bet your padded barrage balloon bottoms that I will share that information and yes....I will be posting the video of me plummeting off a small bridge into a creek. Once again, thanks all for following along and helping me to laugh all this off as the bills pile up from not being productive.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, being self employed "time is money..." :disapp: (hope it is sorted this time)... that bloody drunk  :exclaim: :mad:

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
UPDATE:   :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

You guessed it!!!! We got our car back!!! This time everything I had noticed was corrected, and more! The clunking we were hearing was an incorrectly installed left front shock tower. The strange humming/whirring noises were emanating from our tires which were being demolished by a horrible alignment. Extreme toe out on both front wheels, with heavy negative camber and copious toe out on the right rear wheel. All of that was remedied. Also found were several misaligned panels, a damaged hood clasp, and one scraped wheel cover. All of those issues were also remedied. The shop put about thirty five miles on the car figuring it out, which is completely fine with me as the actually fixed the car.   :D Now it's back to work in a capable vehicle.  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yes I am happy

Also of noteworthiness. Whilst refueling the rental, I parked next to another i30. When leaving, the owner spotted me and I proceeded to ask "It's a great car isn't it?" To which the reply was "Great? This is the BEST car!" At which point I mentioned the forum here and may or may not have frightened the man and his boy. Oh well.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Great news, i30RWAB!!  :goodjob:

Hopefully your tyres didn't suffer too much under the incorrect alignment......

Personally, I'm a little disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing you "plummeting off a small bridge into a creek".....nevermind, maybe next time, yes?  :p

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Excellent news i30RWAB  :happydance:

Thanks for putting in a good word for the club too  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline i30RWAB

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Coastal New Jersey
Alright, alright. My next post will be the video of me on the bridge. Then this thread can rest in peace.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal