Nev75 · 731 · 181439

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
But looing out the window is OK.

Reminds me of a New Years Eve road trip I undertook with a couple of "ladies" some years back...  :whistler:

Talk about p*ssing into the wind!!!  :rofl:
I think we need to hear the story behind this :evil:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
It involved a certain "lady" who had been drinking very heavily, needing to relieve herself.
This she did by winding the window down and hanging her posterior out of the window while we were driving at 100kph!
I laughed so hard I nearly ended up relieving myself!  :rofl:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
My other lady friend had borrowed it from her "in laws" who she doesn't really like so I suspect it never got washed...  :snigger:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Time to resurrect this thread, me thinks...   :victory:

I don't like the crap that passes for chrome on the FD i30 SLX door handles...
I had the passenger side one replaced under warranty but of course now that the car is out of warranty the drivers side handle has turned itself into a knife which threatens to cut my finger every time I open the door... :mad:
When you have a close look you can see there's some kind of seam near the edge of the handle so it's no wonder the chrome ends up lifting...

I can buy a genuine Hyundai handle for $69 off eBay but am I gonna have the same issue down the track?  :undecided: :link: Hyundai I30 2007 2011 Genuine Brand NEW Front RH Inner Door Handle IN Crome | eBay

Or do I save my cash and go for one of these copies? :link: Hyundai I30 2007 2011 Right Hand Front Chrome Inner Door Handle NEW | eBay

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove and refit these handles?  :undecided:

Cheers :)

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
It involved a certain "lady" who had been drinking very heavily, needing to relieve herself.
This she did by winding the window down and hanging her posterior out of the window while we were driving at 100kph!
I laughed so hard I nearly ended up relieving myself!  :rofl:

I am  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: rustynutz
I don't like the crap that passes for chrome on the FD i30 SLX door handles...

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove and refit these handles?  :undecided:

Scope for a separate thread, methinks :winker:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Flyyte

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Cumbria

• 47b Hadrian's Wall, Cumbria, England
We often wonder what happened to our i30 Estate. Because she's gone now.

Things reached the point that the primitive ride and excessive road noise became too much for us, despite the affection we had for the car. We decided to follow many others into contract purchase and so, in July,acquired a new Nissan Qashqai. We've given up on diesel -- this was before Dieselgate broke and VW's fraud was discovered -- because it's doing a damn sight more damage to city life than petrol ever did, and so we have the 1.2 petrol auto. If that seems like a recipe for snail like travel, think again. Overall consumption is 36. Not great, but fine with us.

We were always disappointed that our particular i30 (August 2010) not only didn't have cruise control but that Hyundai always said it would cost a small fortune to fit same. So. . . an i30 with a manual box and no cruise control has been replaced by a Qashqai with a 7-speed auto box and cruise control. We did a 340 mile trip two weeks ago and stepped out of the Qashqai at journey's end feeling like we'd covered a mere 34.  The Stop/Start fuel saver works fine, the built in large-screen satnav is superb, the DAB radio superior to our own at home, the front and rear parking sensors excellent and that same large-screen display for the reversing camera, brilliant. It's especially on NVH that the British-built Qashqai shows what a poor job Hyundai made of product refinement. Road and tire noise is down by at least a couple of decibels (which is a LOT) and ride quality, superlative. Driving position's better, too. Finally, there's that gorgeous full length panoramic roof. . . After eight months of ownership we have not a single complaint (and especially not about the sales package, including 3 years free servicing: our Hyundai i30 cost us £620 in 3 years' main dealer servicing and warranty check. Not cheap.)

Ah well. The i30 was OK for us and we were sad when she left us but, well, lack of ride refinement, level of road / tire noise, manual box and absence of cruise control in our model (and I'm talking of a specific model here: ours, not generalising) eventually took their toll on us and a farewell was inevitable. Hopefully Hyundai will increase the quality of its product in line with the way that, in the UK at least, it has kept increasing its retail prices. Up against the Nissan Qashqai though, Hyundai's i35 -- which we were given as an overnight test vehicle by the dealer, and which is obviously class-comparable to the Qashqai whereas the i30 definitely isn't   -- was a total no-hoper. Awful ride, poor all around visibility, too much external noise yet AGAIN . . . Hyundai seems to have not a clue about the type of roads we have in the UK or the not unreasonable expectations that UK motorists have of the cars they drive.

Adios amigos, and thanks for the ride.
  • i30 Estate Premium Diesel 112PS 2010 model

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that! I recently drove a turbo diesel Qashqai and found it fairly average in most departments, but it was a base model and I was driving my top of the range 6 cylinder sedan to and from the yard. I think the replacement for the ix35 (the Tucson) would give the Qashqai a run for its money...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's on stands in another country. :blubber:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal