Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Good 1st post, 'matt_in_syd23
Took a little time.  :snigger:
Thanks for contributing.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :welcome:

I know & trust where I go (non-Hyundai) so I'm confident my supplied is used.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
One of the services I had done by Hyundai was at 45,000 klm.  I had skipped the 30,000 klm service by them (they wanted $450, I think, and I thought that was rubbish; instead, I just changed the oil and put a new air filter in) and while they had the car for the service at 45,000 klm, the workshop manager phoned me and said I shouldn't be driving the car as the fuel filter hadn't been changed.

Eventually, at 58,000 klms I got them to change the fuel filter.  It's now done 101,000 klms.  I had better think about changing the fuel filter sometime but I might leave it until 116,000 klm.

A friend of mine left his wife's focus diesel original filter in just changed oil & oil filter but left fuel filter the car did high k's fast it had close to 200,000k same fuel filter they sold it got a new one . so you could be lucky . if your keeping car long term & after the full 5 year warranty change at 30k, or you will have to cover the cost of injectors if they do go, they are about $1,000 each plus labour. the filter seems cheap & easy to replace.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
What bugs me is that we are required to replace the fuel filter every 30,000k yet if I owned an Accent diesel, it's 60,000k....
It's the same engine...wtf?  :head_butt:

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
If it's good enough to leave it until 60,000 for an Accent diesel ... I was almost spot-on getting mine changed at 58,000.

(Is it 'officially' 60k for an Accent???)
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
So I had my 30k km service 2 weeks ago, service took 2.5hrs, can't complain since last day before easter break. In the end, they only changed engine oil and filter but NOT the fuel filter. Apparently hyundai changed it since last year/or the year before that the first fuel filter change will be changed at 60k km and every 30k km there after. I asked the guy when they gave me the receipt at the end showing what has been done and the charges did actually show "fuel filter replaced" but the guy said the computers haven't been updated to the new schedules so the "fuel filter replaced" part was crossed out. I can't complain much since the manual listed as so as well as the guy at the reception did show me the service schedules and what needs to be changed at what interval. I don't know if this was a stunt to save hyundai costs on their cap servicing while we pay more or just their car quality got better, I hope it's the latter.

I was actually OK with their service, but afterwards, in these 2 weeks I've experienced increased fuel consumption by at least 0.5L/100km (from 8.9L/100km to 9.5L/100km) even with more frequent high way travel. Apart from that, car has gone rough, it vibrates a little bit more compare to previous times before service. I guess i'm not as satisfied with this service compare to the 15k km service I had. Will probably give them a call if this fuel consumption increase persists over the next few weeks.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
If it's good enough to leave it until 60,000 for an Accent diesel ... I was almost spot-on getting mine changed at 58,000.

(Is it 'officially' 60k for an Accent???)

One would assume so as the info comes directly from the Hyundai Australia website.... :undecided:

Service Schedule Tables - Hyundai Motor Company Australia

http://www.hyundai.com.au/ArticleDocuments/141/PassengerCRDi_Accent.pdf.aspx

http://www.hyundai.com.au/ArticleDocuments/141/PassengerCRDi_i30_i40.pdf.aspx

In the end, they only changed engine oil and filter but NOT the fuel filter. Apparently hyundai changed it since last year/or the year before that the first fuel filter change will be changed at 60k km and every 30k km there after.

That's news for me, and I suspect everyone else on here.... :undecided:
As far as I'm aware the FD i30 originally had the 60,000k service interval on the fuel filter but that changed to 30,000k by the time I'd bought mine in 2010.
Not aware of any changes since then...but surely anyone that has bought a GD diesel in recent times should be able to confirm this by looking in their service book...  :undecided:

Might also be worth contacting Hyundai Australia just to confirm your dealer wasn't talking out his back passage...  :lol:

Contact - Hyundai Motor Company Australia

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I just contacted Hyundai Australia asking the question so will be interesting to see if I get a reply...  :)

Oh, and I mentioned the fuel filter service period difference between the Accent & i30 diesels while I was at it.

I wait with bated breath...  :whistler:

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Thanks Rusty, I was going to do that too. Will look forward to the response you get. I don't think there are many people here who got the GD has reached 30k km yet. So they are yet to encounter this problem.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Yes, I'll be interested in the Accent v i30 filter response.
When I replaced mine there was nothing wrong with it. I just wanted to service it by the book.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Apart from that, car has gone rough, it vibrates a little bit more compare to previous times before service. I guess i'm not as satisfied with this service compare to the 15k km service I had. Will probably give them a call if this fuel consumption increase persists over the next few weeks.

Sounds like a software update has been applied somewhere. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. IMO

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hyundai now say CRDi fuel filter change 60,000k & then every 30,00k intervals.
you know what i think?
i think it's to do with this capped price servicing, i think they don't even change oil, as its the way of the future. less sump oil to get rid of. you will see 60,000k service interval's in the future. by time the motor goes south your out of warranty anyway.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Why 60k then 30k, that doesn't make sense. What happens after the 1st replacement to require double frequency replacements, BUT NOT IN KIA'S.

Tango
Bravo

2 me.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My last batch of diesel filters were $23.95 inc postage...So why tempt fate??

My wife's FD is booked in for its 30k service on Monday, despite the fact it had it's first service at Hyundai for free and am able to do the 30k with Hyundai, I will be getting my bloke to do it, I will supply oil (Mobil 1 0w40) and filters. He will rotate the tyres for no cost and more than likely give it a wash. He will have it ready to go at the time I say, and I can walk home to do what I want while it happens. All this for about $50 less than the fixed price service...

On Wednesday the CW gets a 105k service, oil and oil filter (all supplied by me as above), he will fit the wheels and tyres I got of Ebay and dispose of the old ones without complaint about the fact that he sells tyres too.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Well, I got a phone call today from a nice chap at Hyundai Australia....  :goodjob:

To make a long discussion short, the GD diesel fuel filter should be changed every 30,000k....This 60,000k then 30,000k malarkey is wrong.
The bloke suspects the Hyundai service guy has perhaps got mixed up with the petrol fuel filter servicing schedule which is apparently every 60,000k.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well, I got a phone call today from a nice chap at Hyundai Australia....  :goodjob:

To make a long discussion short, the GD diesel fuel filter should be changed every 30,000k....This 60,000k then 30,000k malarkey is wrong.
The bloke suspects the Hyundai service guy has perhaps got mixed up with the petrol fuel filter servicing schedule which is apparently every 60,000k.

Thanks Rusty thought it was to do with capped service.

The petrol filter is inside the petrol tank so would not want to have to change it a lot.

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Sounds like a software update has been applied somewhere. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. IMO

I think you're right Phil, the software does seem like it has been updated as I notice more efficient functions in my bluetooth. Though I think it could be just the oil settling in with the engine.

Thanks for that Rusty. I do hope it was some mixup. Though it doesn't explain why the car manual indicates no compulsory fuel filter replacement until 60,000km. (page 7-19 in the manual for those interested)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks for that Rusty. I do hope it was some mixup. Though it doesn't explain why the car manual indicates no compulsory fuel filter replacement until 60,000km. (page 7-19 in the manual for those interested)

Hmm, that does put a different light on things....  :eek:

Shame I didn't know that beforehand....

After my conversation yesterday I really believe Hyundai Australia are full of sh*t so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that they have got rid of the 30,000k filter replacement for no other reason than to save on the fixed price service cost....

After all, it didn't look good that the 30,000k fixed price was the same for both the diesel Accent and the diesel i30 when one was needing the fuel filter replaced and one wasn't.... :mad:

So, this 30,000k fuel filter replacement seems to have been nothing but a rort on Hyundai's part.....Not Happy Jan!!!  :fum:

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
So I contacted Hyundai Australia on Facebook and showed the same photos to them, this is their response: "Thank you for forwarding me the details of your vehicle.  The fuel filter on your i30 Diesel should be replaced every 30,000km/24 months whichever occurs first as outlined in the Service and Warranty Passport provided with the vehicle.  The i30 Petrol models require the fuel filter to be replaced every 60,000km/36 months.  I hope this has cleared up any confusion for you.  Take care Shannon."

In regards to the photos - "The photos you have shown me are you from your Owner's manual, however the manual is produced to cover all markets that the vehicle is sold in.  The Service and warranty passport provided with the vehicle is specific to vehicles within the Australian Market and should always be followed when it comes to the Servicing of your vehicle.  Thank you Shannon."

So there you have it aussie folks, 30,000km should be the right mark to replace your fuel filter.

But in my case, should I be worried? If I go back to my dealer and ask them to replace it, is it necessary? I just don't think I have the time to go back there for another 2 hours or something. Even if they did, how would I know if they did replace it? I don't think i'm mechanically inclined to check the fuel filter myself.. How serious is this fuel filter issue if it doesn't get replaced until 60,000km? Is it worth fighting for? I'm at a loss to what to do next.  :undecided:

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Defintely every 30,000 according to Hyundai Australia schedule for diesel on this attachment.

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Defintely every 30,000 according to Hyundai Australia schedule for diesel on this attachment.

Yea, I read that too prior servicing but the texts "refer to owner's manual" next to it  led me to questions after questions  :(

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
oh I see, sorry I didn't read the full history on this topic, so sound like you've come full circle in that case.

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
oh I see, sorry I didn't read the full history on this topic, so sound like you've come full circle in that case.

No problem, but I think the circle is still going after I called up my dealer. They said the iCare service schedule they were given does not include fuel filter replacement for the 30,000km. The guy said he will speak to Shannon guy from Hyundai Australia and sort it out. This conundrum is getting more and more foggier by the day. I guess I have to wait til they come back to me with something.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I wonder if Shannon was the bloke I spoke to?  :undecided:

If it was he didn't really seem to know his vehicles and he appeared to be making things up as he went...  :whistler:
I got told the reason for the different service interval for the fuel filter between the diesel Accent and diesel i30 was the different "tune" of the engines.

I think I may have said that was rubbish as both engines put out the same power and torque....  :rolleyes: :head_butt:

I reckon his nose is probably as long as Abbott's is at the moment...  :snigger:

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
I wonder if Shannon was the bloke I spoke to?  :undecided:

If it was he didn't really seem to know his vehicles and he appeared to be making things up as he went...  :whistler:
I got told the reason for the different service interval for the fuel filter between the diesel Accent and diesel i30 was the different "tune" of the engines.

I think I may have said that was rubbish as both engines put out the same power and torque....  :rolleyes: :head_butt:

I reckon his nose is probably as long as Abbott's is at the moment...  :snigger:

From googling "Shannon Hyundai Australia" I was able to find someone that could most likely represent him, a customer service manager for hyundai since March 2014 (linkedin).

I think you just hit the nail on the head on that one rusty  :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal