i30 Owners Club

Worth it? (2012 Petrol Hyundai i30 Elite model: $19,000: 10,000km)

Pantries · 289 · 54212

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'll probably throw both of the above cars an offer this weekend and see how that goes. The heated seats are just that extra bit tempting, wonder why they removed them from the later models.

Careful, you might end up with both!  :Shocked: :sweating: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
I'll probably throw both of the above cars an offer this weekend and see how that goes. The heated seats are just that extra bit tempting, wonder why they removed them from the later models.

Careful, you might end up with both!  :Shocked: :sweating: :lol:
Hahaha, I'll try not to. :P
  • Hyundai i30 Automatic Petrol Premium 2012

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
What I would do it  throw an offer at them both, tell them that you have thrown the same offer at another car, first one to accept wins.

Gives them extra pressure, whilst absolving you of any obligation to take more than one car....

Win/Win
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
What I would do it  throw an offer at them both, tell them that you have thrown the same offer at another car, first one to accept wins.

Gives them extra pressure, whilst absolving you of any obligation to take more than one car....

Win/Win

Very smart, that'll be an interesting outcome haha, cheers mate.

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
The company also has a red i30,
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Hyundai-i30-2012/AGC-AD-14193652/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

Which is going for the same price, so hopefully I can use the idea that their both the same prices yet the white one has nearly 1000km extra, thus possibly reducing the price.  :p

Unless it's because it's white, the cost is a little more? I was told either white or black is little more expensive?

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Normally I hate red cars with a passion,our dealer we got Bruce off of was willing to drop another $2000 off if we took a red car,all I said was Pass,but this car looks great in red(still wouldn't buy it myself,only for the fact it's red)
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Normally I hate red cars with a passion,our dealer we got Bruce off of was willing to drop another $2000 off if we took a red car,all I said was Pass,but this car looks great in red(still wouldn't buy it myself,only for the fact it's red)

2k off? Sold! I didn't really like the red one, but would have been the proud driver of a red i30 if it kept 2k in my pocket.

I'm not overly particular with colours (obvious pinks and stupid fashion colours excepted) years of buying second hand cars has taught me that the best condition/price always wins, you can learn to like almost any colour.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

2k off? Sold! I didn't really like the red one, but would have been the proud driver of a red i30 if it kept 2k in my pocket.

I'm not overly particular with colours (obvious pinks and stupid fashion colours excepted) years of buying second hand cars has taught me that the best condition/price always wins, you can learn to like almost any colour.
Even if I could afford a Ferarri,to buy maintain and run,if it was Red wouldn't own it,Sue is the exact same way with Green cars,I bought an old Dark Green VB commodore home one time,in the two years we owned it not once did Sue drive it,only reason she got in it was we only had one car at the time.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Pitched an offer, see what happens.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
$19K sounds a little much, offer 'em  $17K.  Buyers market at the moment. Good luck. :D
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
A private seller has popped up,
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=SSE-AD-2282168

I'm really thinking of getting it, little hesitant on the colour, but the blue doesn't look bad, least its not black I guess?

Since its private, the price can hopefully drop, any ideas on what I should offer?

7000km, 6 months rego, 23,250, its nearby, thoughts?

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Hmm, I was interested in making sure it has a clean history, and to my surprise, it doesn't. To good to be true, haha.

Damaged write off,
http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/item/itemunavailable?itemID=000000000003796323

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Pantries
A private seller has popped up,

7000km, 6 months rego, 23,250, its nearby, thoughts?

Quote from: Pantries
Damaged write off,

Your links didn't point to the same car :eek:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Vin # the same but the Write off is described as a 4 Speed Auto SR?? (Previous series)  :wacko:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Gotta love Google.....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Went and had a look at the white one today.
Panties, is your email addess as listed? :undecided:
Soy, having touble with my 's.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Vin # the same but the Write off is described as a 4 Speed Auto SR?? (Previous series)  :wacko:
Hmm, I messaged the bloke, he said he's the second owner from a QLD dealership, and said he had a little accident with the front bar being damaged but insurance repaired it.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Looking at the pictures and the vin, it is more than a small accident......Looking at the tops of the doors, there appears to be fingerprint dust, a sure sign that the car was previously stolen.

Also if the car is a repaired write off, there is no Hyundai warranty....."This warranty is cancelled if the vehicle is written off or
disposed of by an insurer".

So tread carefully my friend. The Google stuff alone would be enough to make me run a mile, the vin matches, the photos are the same, they have changed states, the car is going to have it's 3rd owner in 12 months and 7000k. They are spinning you a line.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Yep, it's off the list. I'm still trying to toss up between the black i30 in NSW and the white i30 in WA.

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
The bloke with the white i30 in WA is eager to sell me his car, he calls me alot to check as to whether I want to buy it. He says there's a lot of demand for it but it's been a few weeks and it hasn't sold. It's 21777 with 11000km, any ideas on what i should offer? It hasnt been privately owned yet.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
He must be keen offer him 20k, see what happens,

But remember the stamp duty thing, I would get it put on  a truck un reg. and register it at your end, and take the refund on the remaining rego. If you go that way, make sure the stamp duty and remaining rego come off the 20k

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
They said it'll be a few hundred in refunding from the four months of registration, but will include transport costs to NSW for 21,777. Thoughts? Should I just wait it out? I'm terrible with haggling, haha.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
They said it'll be a few hundred in refunding from the four months of registration, but will include transport costs to NSW for 21,777. Thoughts? Should I just wait it out? I'm terrible with haggling, haha.

If the price is drive away, then they should also reduce the price by the $615 in stamp duty.

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/1382.asp

That makes it $21162

I would point that out to them, then offer them 20k delivered. Haggling is easy, the chances that your going to deal with old mate again are low, so screw him for everything you can  :evil:

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Alrighty, tried $20,000, take it or leave it. :P

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal