i30 Owners Club

"There will be no carbon tax" J. Gillard

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
For Australian members -

Would the club consider formally voicing it's objection to the government for the imposition of a tax that we are not going to have, on behalf of all it's members.

If I am correct, diesel consumers in the transport industry have been singled out as significant contributors of carbon. However, there has been no mention of non transport diesel consumers (us,) obtaining any relief from this tax.

If anyone else knows more about this please let me know.

NOT HAPPY JAN  :(
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Why object to a tax you are not going to have?...I don't get it............. :undecided:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Why object to a tax you are not going to have?...I don't get it............. :undecided:
That was Julia Gillard's campaign platform leading up to the last Federal Election. Then, because we wnded up with a hung parliament (I wish :rolleyes: ). the Greens have the balance of powere and a condition of them supporting Gillard was that she introduce a carbon tax. So she is.
Effectively at the moment Australia is being governed by the Greens who have less than 15% of the primary vote - and to hell with everyone else's wishes.
You may gather I'm not a supporter of the Greens (The Australian Version anyway). Bloody greens are led by a Tasmanian. :evil:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Yes, hung parliaments are 1 example where democracy doesn't work. Major decisions being made by just a few elected representatives representing BA of the population.  :blubber:

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

• He loves nature in spite of what it did to him..
from what i understand, all diesel will be taxed, so for us minor users, its tough shit.  pay up.

on a similar line, Avgas i have to buy for my aircraft, started at $1.60 a ltr at the start of the year,  as of July 1, a GST was added, so $1.70, then a CASA staff tax,  all of a sudden, its $2.20 a ltr, and a carbon tax has ALREADY been added...( name changed to an environmental levy) so now its almost $2.80 a ltr.   not very happy.   not a bad increase in just 1 month..   3 big flying schools at Bankstown have already closed this year, and my boss is thinking its just not worth it anymore.  of the $220 an hr aircraft rate, we earn just $15 for the instructor and the boss just gets $10.     its no wonder there is a pilot shortage in this country.

also, the Carbon axe we were Never going to get was part of the reason i updated to the i30 CRDI.  fuel isnt ever going to get any cheaper in this country.

but then again, JuliaR did say "there will Never be a carbon tax under a government i lead!"  well, as we all know, she doesnt lead this govt,  the Minority fringe greens do. with just 15% total vote.    sad thing is, based on total percentage of the vote, the Liberal Party won.   bloody preferences..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:56:16 by Ultralights »
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^
And the "unholy coalition" will hang on as long as it can. :evil:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I will be most satisfied to see her given the big "A" at the next election ,,,, now that I come to think of it, she's already got a big "A"   :rofl:

Alanho

Our prime minister said on TV in her election campaign that there will be no carbon tax, regardless of whatever influence from other parties, she hasn't got the balls to honour her own statement  :evil:

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
ultralights

Thanks  :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I will be most satisfied to see her given the big "A" at the next election ,,,, now that I come to think of it, she's already got a big "A"   :rofl:

Alanho

Our prime minister said on TV in her election campaign that there will be no carbon tax, regardless of whatever influence from other parties, she hasn't got the balls to honour her own statement  :evil:

Can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. She can go & I wish she'd take the Tax Party (Greens) with her.

JuLIAR is on her way out  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Alanho

Can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. She can go & I wish she'd take the Tax Party (Greens) with her.

JuLIAR is on her way out  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
:whsaid: :goodjob2:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Popular isn't she? :happydance: :disapp:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
like another stupid pm, that claimed,by 1990 no Australian child will live in poverty.  :disapp: :wtf: :offtopic:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Actually, they're all the same, we're not supposed to have a GST either  :disapp:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :faint:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Actually, they're all the same, we're not supposed to have a GST either  :disapp:

True, he did say that, but at least JH took the GST to the people & an election so was upfront about it and people could vote either way so when re-elected he had a clear mandate to introduce it.
Not that way with the carbon tax. Just a lie followed by another.
But maybe that was before she introduced "the real Julia."  :confused:
(BTW - she's not my Prime Minister cos I didn't vote for her  :))
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
on a similar line, Avgas i have to buy for my aircraft, started at $1.60 a ltr at the start of the year,  as of July 1, a GST was added, so $1.70, then a CASA staff tax,  all of a sudden, its $2.20 a ltr, and a carbon tax has ALREADY been added...( name changed to an environmental levy) so now its almost $2.80 a ltr.

The tax isn't due to come in until July 1 next year so there shouldn't be any increase due to the carbon tax until then..... :mad:
Might pay to put in a complaint to the ACCC......

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/tax/20111026-accc-reveals-further-carbon-tax-rorts-flags-focus-on-unconscionable-conduct.html

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

the "environmental levy" was added just aftr the carbon tax was announced, but suppposedly called an enviromental levey due to the fact that aircraft dont have catalytic converters fitted..    though im certain it will rise again significantly when the tax does start.   as will everything, like in the link posted, every business will increase prices, some(or most) way above the actual carbon price, yet blame the carbon tax for it.    but im sure my ) $0.30 a week compensation will make up for it.
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I can't believe Australians are all so stupid to fall for the 3 card trick.

To allow ourselves to be taxed for something that world experts can't agree even exists.

(Personally i think it does, but there are those who say this is just temperature cycling on an enormous scale, nature does everything big). If it does, then I don't trust this government to get it right. If it doesn't, then what a scam.

db08

I agree 100% with your comments & neither did I. That's how I can sleep at nights.

Had the misfortune to walk smack bang into her at the Stamford Grand 2 weeks ago. She arrived (in 4 govt cars), parked in the valet car park so no one else could even get to the door, AND LEFT THEM THERE FOR A GOOD HOUR OR SO. Made me want to spew.  :'(

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

I can't believe Australians are all so stupid to fall for the 3 card trick.

To allow ourselves to be taxed for something that world experts can't agree even exists.

thats the problem right there, and the reason for all the anger,  we didnt vote for this tax, see video above,   she , well aparently was re-elected on the above promise of there will be no carbon tax...etc,   and now its been forced down our throats weather we want it or not, just because someone with just 15% of the vote wants it.   

im sure if tyhis happened in a few other countries, she would not be in power now.. 
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

And she's in Perth this week for CHOGM.

She said on radio, "I'm governing for Orstralia from Western Orstralia this week."    :Rubbish:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Well that's not much better than "Osstraya" which nearly all sportspersons, including Mark Taylor who commentates TV cricket, call the country they live in, so sad, no education.  :disapp: :disapp:

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

thats seams to be the problem with Australian politics, all are Uni educated, with Law degrees, (which were free back then)   so, yes, they are educated, but sadly have NO common sense or real world experience, and hence, have no understanding of any of the issues they are paid to deal with exept by what they are told by Advisors, who themselves, have never been outside a classroom or beaurocrats office.
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The best way to bring them back in touch with the real world would be to return their salaries back to the average wage & see how the cope with that.

They were elected by ordinary people with ordinary jobs and incomes to make decisions on our behalf. Yes a lot have law degrees but the legal fraternity in Australia is a very small percentage of the population. So the say they represent the ordinary people, but we want pay in line with Judges, solicitors etc.

Yeah right !!   :(

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The trouble is, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...... :D

And as much as we whinge about the pay these Pollies get, I think you'll find it still falls short of what is paid out in the real world....

Which, in a nut shell, is why we end up with so many dickheads...... :p

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

The trouble is, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...... :D

Really? it seams the entire financial world, Politics included, is run by a lot of Very rich monkeys.. 

it appears, the better run companies are run by the CEO's on far less pay than those that are turning to crap quite rapidly.

Almost every day there is a story in the papers proving that quite the opposite is true,  the worse the share performance, the better payed the Execs...
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I don't think that the salaries paid to the politicians is really a huge issue.
In fact, the Prime Minister is on relatively low pay when compared to the corporate world for what is essentially a job running the country.
The issue is the competence of the person doing the job and the career path chosen by that person prior to entering politics.
We have had several successful businessmen with large personal fortunes in the past as PM, but the past of the current one had warning bells written all over it well before she made a tilt for the top job.
I'm surprised that more of her radical past isn't discussed by the opposition because what she says publicly that she stands for (to appeal to middle Australia as a moderate) isn't what she stands for at all and you don't have to dig too deep to find out what she really does stand for.
So, the pay they get doesn't really bother me, but the perks they get when they leave office does. Ongoing large annual payments, office space, travel, free telephone accounts, personal assistants, outrageous superannuation that you & I can't ever hope of accessing, etc, etc, etc.
As far as I'm concerned, when they leave office, they leave office. End of story. And other than "normal" superannuation that the average Australian has access to, there shouldn't be anything extra IMHO.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^
Well said db08.
Out of the job?
Perks gone.
EOS.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
So, to get back to the original post, would the club care to represent it's members officially by letter, to our pollies  :neutral:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

So, to get back to the original post, would the club care to represent it's members officially by letter, to our pollies  :neutral:

I'll start by saying that I agree with you.

But, and it's a big but, there will no doubt be varying opinions on the forum (which is a good thing as we do live in a democracy - I think  :confused:). It would be a boring old world if we all held the same or similar views.

So the problem is, we probably wouldn't be representing everyone on the forum, only those with opinions the same as ours.

And also, should we be getting involved in political issues as a forum when our purpose is to foster friendships across the world and assist each other in our common interest which is the fabulous i30?

The administrators & moderators will have to decide that one - I'd see it as their call, but I do personally see some problems with it, even though in principle I agree.

Maybe best left to outside the forum IMHO.

I hope that makes sense.  :)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:18:08 by db08 »
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal