• au Australia
      Strathbogie, Vic

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
- Every day I (get chauffeured) to Staff College for morning parade like school children, even when I have no classes programmed. :rolleyes:

+ Tomorrow we've (5 foreign students) negotiated with the staff to take the day off seeing how we have no classes, so getting chauffeured straight to the city gym first thing. :happydance:

- Firefox on my Linux box wouldn't go past version 35 and that was by manually installing it, then the browser would advise no further online updates were available, worst part being the loss of compatibility for the Whatsapp Panel add-on. :blubber:

+ Just now, Firefox 35 offered an online update, and after restarting went to version 45, which took my Whatsapp no problem! :happydance:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Sounds like you're having it rough, Gonz! :mrgreen: My sincere condolences :lol:

+++ I finally got my friends' Kia Picanto sorted out tonight. She had a stripped stud in her left side front wheel, so I got the part from the local Kia dealership (AU$5) and we started last night after work. I couldn't get the wheel nut off the stripped stud so I had to shear the stud in half (accidentally...) to get it out. Unfortunately the dust shield made it impossible to get the new one in so I had to bend it a bit to get the stud in place. Pulled it tight and reassembled the wheel and she is right as rain! Need to get another wheel nut though. I gave her the old wheel nut with half the stud still stuck in it as a memento :mrgreen:

+++ Weekend for me and a well deserved one at that. These weeks keep getting longer and longer! :undecided:

- Sad that I haven't been on here as much as I'd like, but work is making it down right impossible with all the weekend work and overtime we are needing to keep head above water since they cut our field staff by 60%

So a small update on this situation...

+ I finally found the right size nut for said Picanto, although it doesn't look quite like the other ones on the wheel. It does the trick :goodjob:

+++ I am taking the Picanto's owner out to dinner again tonight and things are looking pretty good on that front...let's hope the flowers sitting in my car do the trick :sweating:

• 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Sterkte :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good luck Phil... Ply her with a bit of wine too...  :P :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I was tempted to suggest cider but I'd better not.  :-[
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Always good to make your best impression in cider. :D

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Dankie :mrgreen:
Yuck...I don't drink that oxblood nonsense :whistler:
Smartasses... :evil:

The dinner went well...I let her drive Hippo back to her place because I was feeling a bit lazy, and she can hold her own in a bigger car. The corners were interesting :sweating:

We had a bit of a serious conversation though and I am a bit unsure as to the direction this is heading...in short, there are mutual feelings but no aspiration for anything serious to transpire so I will have to see how it pans out...but I fear it might not end well for me heart :sweating:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We had a bit of a serious conversation though and I am a bit unsure as to the direction this is heading...in short, there are mutual feelings but no aspiration for anything serious to transpire so I will have to see how it pans out...but I fear it might not end well for me heart :sweating:

Try and keep your heart in your pants (I mean, in check) but keep being your likeable self ... Her feelings might grow beyond her control. Whatever will be, will be.  :goodjob:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Try and keep your heart in your pants (I mean in check) but keep being your likeable self ... Her feelings might grow beyond her control. Whatever will be, will be.  :goodjob:
Hakuna Matata I guess :mrgreen:

Lucky for me and unlucky for her I am a persistent fellow, so I will report back here in 10 or so years when she eventually gives in :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Try and keep your heart in your pants (I mean in check) but keep being your likeable self ... Her feelings might grow beyond her control. Whatever will be, will be.  :goodjob:

Lucky for me and unlucky for her I am a persistent fellow, so I will report back here in 10 or so years when she eventually gives in :lol:

Don't appear persistent though, that might push her away. Try and appear laid back about it. Maybe even spread yourself around a little. Just show her a good time.

I wish I knew at your age what I know now!  :whistler:

Hakuna Matata = No Worries?

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

Lucky for me and unlucky for her I am a persistent fellow, so I will report back here in 10 or so years when she eventually gives in

Don't appear persistent though, that might push her away. Try and appear laid back about it. Maybe even spread yourself around a little. Just show her a good time.

I wish I knew at your age what I know now!  :whistler:

Hakuna Matata = No Worries?

I think there is a fine line that one has to walk - I'm not quite 100% sure I am on that 'line' right now. I'm not really good at reading people and I've been out of the dating game for a while, so it's interesting to say the least.

:)

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
At the end of the day, just be yourself. If she likes your personality, you won't have to work hard to keep her liking you because it will be natural. It is the secret to a nice long relationship. Just sayin'  :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
At the end of the day, just be yourself. If she likes your personality, you won't have to work hard to keep her liking you because it will be natural. It is the secret to a nice long relationship. Just sayin'  :D
:whsaid: I've always said trying to be someone you're not, like maintaining lies, is far too stressful in the long term. Being yourself will make you happy and relaxed, which will work in your favour with the right person. :victory:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Well she does seem to like 1 aspect of you...........

Your i30.......

So play on that plus side........
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
- The Tripod site I had been using since the Internet first spread its wings seems to have gone the way of Kodak

+ I went about finding a more contemporary free hosting service. I remembered I had responded to the heavy yet brief advertising for Wix a couple of years ago and started an until now dormant account. Well, now it's my basic, minimalist biography and gallery site at http://fcgonzalez.wix.com/home and the best part is that it won't block hyperlinking of my images, so my profile and signature images are back! :happydance:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
:whsaid: I've always said trying to be someone you're not, like maintaining lies, is far too stressful in the long term. Being yourself will make you happy and relaxed, which will work in your favour with the right person. :victory:
True words, Phil and Gonz...relationships shouldn't require work and should come naturally, in an ideal world :goodjob:

Well she does seem to like 1 aspect of you...........

Your i30.......

So play on that plus side........
Aye, nothing wrong with looking on the positive side :mrgreen:
- The Tripod site I had been using since the Internet first spread its wings seems to have gone the way of Kodak

+ I went about finding a more contemporary free hosting service. I remembered I had responded to the heavy yet brief advertising for Wix a couple of years ago and started an until now dormant account. Well, now it's my basic, minimalist biography and gallery site at http://fcgonzalez.wix.com/home and the best part is that it won't block hyperlinking of my images, so my profile and signature images are back! :happydance:
Nice site, Gonz! Bookmarked to see what you will be adding in future :goodjob2:

+ I was at her place for coffee last night which turned into movies which ended up causing me to fall asleep at her place...my flatmate was giving me looks this morning when I got home, but fortunately I took the day off today (yesterday was a public holiday) so my work wasn't impacted :whistler:

+ I took the opportunity of the day off to take Hippo for her 215'000km service and I had to renew my car and KLR650 licence disks as well - but it's been a heavy month for the wallet :sweating:

+ I am seeing her for supper again tonight :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sweet! Sounds promising  :happydance:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dankie :mrgreen:
Yuck...I don't drink that oxblood nonsense :whistler:
Smartasses... :evil:

The dinner went well...I let her drive Hippo back to her place because I was feeling a bit lazy, and she can hold her own in a bigger car. The corners were interesting :sweating:

Casual sex it is.......  :D :D :D
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Oh and

Plus I made Halloumi out of nothing more than a 2l reduced to clear bottle of milk, a thermomix and junket tablets

Plus were off to Mum and Dads tomorrow for a drink

Minus, my Daughter has a party so my Son and I were going to catch the train and be picked up by my Sister, but there doing 'trackwork' so we'll be catching a bus and 'allowing and extra 60 minutes'  :whistler:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Where the hell do you buy junket tablets these days. They're not in my local supermarkets.   :disapp:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Oh and

Plus I made Halloumi out of nothing more than a 2l reduced to clear bottle of milk, a thermomix and junket tablets

Plus were off to Mum and Dads tomorrow for a drink

Minus, my Daughter has a party so my Son and I were going to catch the train and be picked up by my Sister, but there doing 'trackwork' so we'll be catching a bus and 'allowing and extra 60 minutes'  :whistler:
I had to Google both Thermomix (sounded like some sort of a drug or chemical) and junket tablets (also drugs...) to figure out how in the world Halloumi was made. It sounded really suspicious :mrgreen:

I've had deep fried Halloumi with cranberry sauce once before and it was pretty good, maybe not something I would eat every time but certainly worth the taste.

Sounds like a plan to spend some time with the family :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Where the hell do you buy junket tablets these days. They're not in my local supermarkets.   :disapp:
Yeah, Beerman probably had to go on quite a junket to get them... :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Junket is the colloquial name for rennet based on the Junket brand which is now owned by Redco Foods. Rennet is the prime culture for making cheese. :winker:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
+ I learnt about rennet in this thread. The more you know!

++ Bumper day today - I saw two other i30's in town today, one blue and one light silver - both FD models. I got a wave from the lady in the blue one

+++ The Post Office phoned me and said my parcel from Hong Kong has arrived. I ordered TPU covers and tempered glass protectors for my phone a while back and they finally got here in one piece :goodjob:

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
+ The trip to the parents was uneventful and quicker than expected
+ The day was excellent as were the beers
- The i30 did a radiator
-- The wife was driving, I was at my Parents and had a few under my belt.
--- She was 60k from home and had to tow the car back, get my car then start the journey all over again
---- She thinks she likes my car

+ According to my mechanic the split seam in the radiator should be covered by warranty.

I think the wife got the Junket from a supermarket. Perhaps Coles, because it wasn't in Woolies when I checked.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
+ Paid $7 for a full body Balinese massage.
- It only lasted an hour.
+ I'll get another tomorrow.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
+ Paid $7 for a full body Balinese massage.
- It only lasted an hour.
+ I'll get another tomorrow.

- It cost me a lot more than that when I was there!  :Shocked:
  Obviously went to the wrong place. (But it was good.  :mrgreen:)
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal