i30 Owners Club

2011 Territory Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I posted this Yesterday on the Whirlpool Forum in the Hybrid Camry Thread... Thought I would post it here too as a point of discussion..

For our overseas members who may not get this vehicle I posted a link to the Ford Website..

http://www.ford.com.au/suv/territory

"Drove a 2011 Territory Diesel today that my mate has had for about 10 months and he drove my new 2012 Hybrid H.

He was super impressed by the quietness and response and the feel of the brakes.. I found the seats comfy and good ride as well in his Territory plus it was reasonably responsive but not as zippy as the Hybrid.

He is averaging 8.9 Lph and I am averaging 5.8 ... :-)

His car cost over $5000 more than the list price of the Hybrid and around $10,000 more than I actually paid and it still didn't have a reversing camera and was quite a bit noisier than the Hybrid too ... Game Over LOL"
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Comparing a Territory to a Camry is a bit of a stretch isn't it?

One is a sedan the other is a big hulking SUV.

If the criteria was to carry 7 and tow 2700kg, the Camry may be in a bit of trouble.

8.9l from the big Ford is an excellent result in my opinion. with 2,038 kg to lug around and a less than aerodynamic frame, it has a little more to do than the 1300kg Hybrid (which would also explain the braking and acceleration).

If they can improve the reliability, the Territory would be about the only thing that would tempt me back to the big blue oval.

That said, I'm glad you like your car, and hope you have many happy kilometres in it.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I like the Territory diesel and it has revived sales for Ford.
It's a good engine (Jaguar/Land Rover) and turns the usually thirsty (petrol) Territory into something worth considering if you're after that type of vehicle.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Its a shame that the issues in the first one (the most serious being the ball joints) have probably made more than one customer swear off them for life....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think my mate's Territory only has 5 seats.. good point about the towing though.

I could have lived with the Territory until I got spoiled by the i30 CRDi economy  :confused:

Member Opa_1 forked out at least $2000 for new ball joints in his Territory.. Ford didn't come to the party unless people made a lot of noise. :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
They did in the end, replacements until 150,000. but they waited until they had upgraded the front end in the upgrade, by then a lot had already done the 150k and forked out for them themselves.

I really loved the Territory, it was the fuel economy, and the ball joints that killed it for me.

Oh and did I mention the diff mounts....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal