Are you an ALDI bargain hunter?

Lakes · 220 · 44012

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Nothing a good dose of Kung Fu won't sort out.  :twisted:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^^^^^^^^

Well, as I said above, I have had nothing but good service from them. From both the store management and check out operators.
Must be the area.  ;)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I don't drink Beer, but i like Coopers Beer i drank some in Port Ad, sometimes i buy a 6 pack of Coopers & your so right it must be the last top beer still owned by Australians.

I'm confused  :whistler:

Sorry Dazz, what i mean is i don't drink beer or wine at all, but if i'm out and not driving home i'll have one beer, also will buy a 6 pack once in a blue moon to share with friends. i can drink it or leave it no problem .
if your still confused, you have not meet me  :rofl:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
. the woman tried to punch a customer who went back to get cheese while the checkout woman was scanning all of her products.

What can I say about the Somoan's, almost as bad as the Chinese immigrants here,extremely rude and arrogant PPL IMO,there is no need for that sort of behaviour,but anyone who goes to a check out and holds PPL up so they can go back and get something they forgot,gets my back up as well,Sue will occassionally try to do this and ask me to go back and get stuff she has forgot,I refuse,I just say pay for what you have stop holding others up and go back and get it later.

But yes Checkout rage is becoming more common especially at the budget shops where the stores are far understaffed and yes I noticed that the few Aldi stores we did happen to visit,no security staff at all,but after seeing the stores I wouldn't go out of my way to shop there,Daughter loves em,very very cheap,so for her with a young family the possible inconvinience is off set by the savings for her.

Sorry to hear about that Ian, i never seem to have trouble with anyone at all, we don't see that type of behaviour at the ALDI i've been to But hey i'm deaf. now i'm starting to think just how fortunate i am.
I think i've had people try to intimidate me in the past but when there is no reaction they don't do anything. but i don't scare easy, meet a few bouncers in my time & the best don't have to touch anyone they just have the right approach.
GOB i used to think the same about some Chinese being rude, but  when you start to understand them they are not really that way, but you might have meet some  of the odd bad ones. i know a lot and get on very well they can be beautiful people, so are Samoans i know a few of them too, if they like you they love you. must have been wrong time of the month Ian. cheers mate
just remember that old song " when your smiling, the whole world smiles with you "
\

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I was in Canberra playing pool/eight ball for money in the clubs......and so were the Samoans...they liked their pool if they are winning........I was taking them out left right and centre as well as others and I was purely courteous to them the whole night , except I kept taking them out......I made the final against the Samoans and they sort Of gathered around me and started their stand over tactics......as a rule and with my back ground and training, I don't back away from anyone(yes!...I know ...thick between the ears).........so I went up to security and manager of the Club...told him the situation and informed him that since I had informed him, anything happens to me , I will sue their arse off........so I beat this guy by seven balls , went to pick up my winnings and the boys followed me.......The mamager and security came between me and them and the manager gave me my money and told me for my own safety, I should not come back for awhile.....    and I thought these boys were good sportsman.....hmmmm

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
i used aldi quite a lot when they first opened... i didn't enjoy the customer service tho...

then one day a somoan couple came in, pushed into the already understaffed checkout line up, then proceded to go bananas and threaten everyone. the woman tried to punch a customer who went back to get cheese while the checkout woman was scanning all of her products. yelled at me, yelled at my ex girlfriend at the time, told their kids to break stuff until they got service, the bloke tried to hit the checkout woman. IT WAS ON!

the part i consider the worst  was they didn't have anyone to throw them out because they dont even have store security.

i left my stuff there and haven't gone back since, and i wont until they can guarantee that wont happen again, I'm not shopping in an environment where i get threatened because they refuse to open another checkout even when its busy.

The security is provided by the Center not the stores. Occasionaly they might have an undercover person to try to nab the shoplifters. But you would be flat out to find any security that would do much more than what you can do yourself (call the police).

I actually think that it is a pleasure to have someone to scan my stuff. Usually at Woolies, when faced with the large checkout lines, I relent and use the self service checkouts. 
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
just read that security staff, if they apprehend a person, could be charged by that person for false arrest or something to that effect even if they have unpaid goods in their possesion.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: eye30
just read that security staff, if they apprehend a person, could be charged by that person for false arrest or something to that effect even if they have unpaid goods in their possesion.

Where did you read that, Lester, the Liverpool Robbers Weekly? :rofl:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Not if they've left the premesis.

@Shambles  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
if my memory serves me right ..security guards can't lay a hand on you as they don't have the police enforcement policy behind them......now where is Dave , who can surely shed light on this quandary....

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
That's pretty much it.
They can ask you to wait while the police are called and they ask you for your name and address but it's up to you if you supply it.
Most people once caught are co-operative but there are always some who aren't.
At the stage though that you're spoken to by security staff, it's all on cctv etc anyway so probably not much point in walking away.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

So can the innocent by stander who steps in and assists in the apprehension of a theif in the act by giving them a coathanger and knocking them out :whistler: we won't mention this person
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
That's pretty much it.
They can ask you to wait while the police are called and they ask you for your name and address but it's up to you if you supply it.
At the stage though that you're spoken to by security staff, it's all on cctv etc anyway so probably not much point in walking away.
What about citizen's arrest?  For example, http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/citizens-arrest-ends-robbers-getaway-20130428-2im9q.html

If the arrestee gets hurt during the arrest, can I be liable?
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's pretty much it.
What about citizen's arrest?  For example, http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/citizens-arrest-ends-robbers-getaway-20130428-2im9q.html

If the arrestee gets hurt during the arrest, can I be liable?

Citizen's arrests are fraught with danger for the one doing the arresting.
As most people don't know the elements to individual charges (which have to be proven) they can end up leaving themselves wide open to civil suit, not to mention personal injury.
Time, place and circumstance I guess. If someone has committed a hold up then it's pretty obvious they have broken the law, but caution would still need to be exercised.
Over here the advice generally is don't do it, but if a police officer calls on you for assistance in arresting someone it is an offence to refuse.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
but if a police officer calls on you for assistance in arresting someone it is an offence to refuse.

Stuff that for a joke..... :lol:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
but if a police officer calls on you for assistance in arresting someone it is an offence to refuse.

I for one have never seen this happen,but I wouldn't hesitate,saddest thing is the little turds who get caught shop lifting seem to have a network of soft C#*ks ready and waiting to get them out of their situation before they have the chance to be taken back to the cells
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Would depend on the state or country.

I would argue most would have something in law that allows a citizen to arrest someone when they are suspected of committing an offence, as an example from the Queensland Criminal Code...

CRIMINAL CODE - SECT 546
546 Arrest without warrant generally

When an offence is such that the offender may be arrested without warrant generally—

(b) it is lawful for any person who is called upon to assist a police officer in the arrest of a person suspected of having committed the offence, and who knows that the person calling upon the person to assist is a police officer, to assist the officer, unless the person knows that there is no reasonable ground for the suspicion; and

(c) it is lawful for any person who finds another committing the offence to arrest the other person without warrant; and

(d) if the offence has been actually committed—it is lawful for any person who believes on reasonable ground that another person has committed the offence to arrest that person without warrant, whether that other person has committed the offence or not; and

(e) it is lawful for any person who finds another by night, under such circumstances as to afford reasonable grounds for believing that the other person is committing the offence, and who does in fact so believe, to arrest the other person without warrant.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

They are the general powers of arrest and are very similar to W.A. laws (Qld & W.A. have almost identical criminal laws).
But it still doesn't provide protection from civil litigation should something go wrong.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Could they be protected by the good samaritan laws, Dave?  :undecided:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I wouldn't have thought so, generally.
Good Samaritan laws as I understand it would relate to if you're trying to directly help someone, which could be the case but not necessarily so.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'll be down ALDI wednesday  :)

Neptune, no disrespect Mate, but playing Pool is great fun, i enjoy it myself once in a while.
But i don't know anyone know matter what nationality that likes to loose Money. i won't play for money i don't gamble.
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Neptune, no disrespect Mate, but playing Pool is great fun, i enjoy it myself once in a while.
But i don't know anyone know matter what nationality that likes to loose Money. i won't play for money i don't gamble.
cheers

When we should have been at Matric College library studying or chatting up girls, me and a mate used to be at a dodgy Pool hall called "The Strand" in Launceston hustling old fella's for enough money to have another game  :whistler:  :-[

The pool hall is long gone now...I was an A grade snooker player in those days  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

cheers

When we should have been at Matric College library studying or chatting up girls, me and a mate used to be at a dodgy Pool hall called "The Strand" in Launceston hustling old fella's for enough money to have another game  :whistler:  :-[

The pool hall is long gone now...I was an A grade snooker player in those days  :D

here was me thinking, & what a great Guy Dazz is ...... Pool Hustler.... Car Salesman ..... Bank Manager LOL

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :-[  I'm a much better person now (mostly)  :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

here was me thinking, & what a great Guy Dazz is ...... Pool Hustler.... Car Salesman ..... Bank Manager LOL

Yes, it's going to be interesting at the pearly gates.  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I didn't know they had pearly gates down below....  :undecided:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Oh, and Daz, don't worry, I'll put in a good word for ya!  :D