i30 Owners Club

New i20, i30 and i40

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I like the i30 3dr turbo option... the new grill looks good too :) I wonder if we will get them in Australia and at what price :neutral: I'm guessing an extra 10k will be added for the turbo :undecided:

i20 looks hot too but to small an engine for my liking.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 13:09:40 by CraigB »

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Again with the low power figures. Why make it so much lower than Kia. Hyundai as owner of Kia should have the higher powered sport variants. AAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
At least the same engine from the turbo Kia would have been nice, their the same engines aren't they :undecided: just different power spec's

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That i40 is ugly. :disapp:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's not to bad in the sedan but the wagon looks odd with the way the roof rakes off at the rear.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

It's not to bad in the sedan but the wagon looks odd with the way the roof rakes off at the rear.

Agree the I40 wagon looks a bit odd. But the sedan will be nice.
I30 looks pretty sharp.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
I'm gonna have to disagree, the i30 front looks naf, grill is ok but all that plastic under the drl is odd makes it look cheap, would of been better if they fitted some lights there, might be a optional extra but would of been better to show it with the lights fitted.

I quite like the look of the i20

I like the i40 wagon looks like a V40, not to sure about the saloon the back looks a tad high.

Engine wise seems a bit odd to lower the power in the i30, must have something to do with marketing, but should be a piece of piss to remapp it

• 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Like the look of that i20....  :goodjob2:

Only change to the i40 is front and maybe rear lights.. :question:

I like that the i30 CRDi now will have 300 Nm with the 7 speed Dual clutch but why only 280Nm when manual box... :question: :question: :question:
Now we just need Hy to have the max torque sooner than 1900 rpm, but I can't find any spec's on the www yet.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Again with the low power figures. Why make it so much lower than Kia. Hyundai as owner of Kia should have the higher powered sport variants. AAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hyundai do not own KIA.

In 1997 Kia were bankrupt and Hyundai bought 51% of the shares to get them back on their feet.

Later the Korean Govt forced Hyundai to divest shares and Hyundai currently own 33.9% of KIA.

KIA then hired Peter Schreyer in 2006 to head their design (ex Audi and designer of the Audi TT amongst others) - this has turned around KIA and sales have taken off.

Peter Schreyer has now been made head of design for both KIA and Hyundai to inject some style into Hyundai cars.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Hyundai do not own KIA.

In 1997 Kia were bankrupt and Hyundai bought 51% of the shares to get them back on their feet.

Later the Korean Govt forced Hyundai to divest shares and Hyundai currently own 33.9% of KIA.

KIA then hired Peter Schreyer in 2006 to head their design (ex Audi and designer of the Audi TT amongst others) - this has turned around KIA and sales have taken off.

Peter Schreyer has now been made head of design for both KIA and Hyundai to inject some style into Hyundai cars.

Fair enough. I didn't know about the government stepping in. Knew they had 51% when they first bailed them out. Doesn't change my opinion though. Hyundai needs to step up in the performance.
Government also stepped in to stop them buying out one of the other Korean brands. At the time with Kia already they would have been been bigger that the government.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 20:58:38 by cruiserfied »

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Like the look of that i20....  :goodjob2:

Only change to the i40 is front and maybe rear lights.. :question:

I like that the i30 CRDi now will have 300 Nm with the 7 speed Dual clutch but why only 280Nm when manual box... :question: :question: :question:
Now we just need Hy to have the max torque sooner than 1900 rpm, but I can't find any spec's on the www yet.

Found this. Max torque @1500-3000 rpm. That is very good news  :happydance:

280 Nm @ 1500-3000 rpm (MT)

300 Nm @ 1750-2500 (7DCT)

:link: Revamped Hyundai i30 to Receive 7-Speed DCT and More Improvements - The Korean Car Blog
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

I30 drivers are more refined. :whistler:  It's all torque, anyhow  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Kia target the edgier market, that's why their designs are different (I said to a Hyundai sales person the Sportage was more masculine than the Hyundai, he said Kia were after the 'younger edgier side of the market'.

That could be why the Sporty Hyundai makes less power, they have given up power for better refinement in the motor. Divide and conquer....

I30 looks nice....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

:link: Revamped Hyundai i30 to Receive 7-Speed DCT and More Improvements - The Korean Car Blog

Wow how fast are these new models that they have a Land departure warning system?

In all the new specs im mostly interested in the active front aerodynamic flap. Any pics?

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Sorry but to me Hyundai have taken a huge step backwards in terms of design, these cars are hideous!

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sorry but to me Hyundai have taken a huge step backwards in terms of design, these cars are hideous!
That's a bit strong isn't it :Shocked: other than the nose cone/grill the i30 is identical and the turbo has twin exhaust and different rear bumper.

The i20 is a massive improvement of the previous model and looks much more classy and aggressive :goodjob2: if it weren't for the smaller engine I would seriously be thinking about one of them for myself... maybe the little woman might get one and I can bomb it for her :D

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
That's a bit strong isn't it :Shocked: other than the nose cone/grill the i30 is identical and the turbo has twin exhaust and different rear bumper.

The i20 is a massive improvement of the previous model and looks much more classy and aggressive :goodjob2: if it weren't for the smaller engine I would seriously be thinking about one of them for myself... maybe the little woman might get one and I can bomb it for her :D

I agree the i20 is a massive improvement on the previous gen but these refreshed i30's and 40's are ugly! I don't understand this new thick eyebrow DRL accent... looks alright on big car like the Santa Fe. The new grill is ok but the current one looks better in my opinion. I like how the current one curves up and continues it's line through the headlights and on to the body of the car, this new one just cuts off.

Oh and I hope the tuning folk inspired rims are a sign Hyundai have improved sound deadening  :disapp:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:36:30 by VaerO »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I like the new grill and rear treatment, but the DRL set up IS a backward step!  :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Don't mind them myself. Wonder when they hit the Tourer?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't mind them myself. Wonder when they hit the Tourer?

Same factory, so 2015 is my guess.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It took a while for the Tourer to surface last time (before the delayed arrival in Australia).

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
Have to admit the design is starting to grow on me... I'll judge them when I can see one in person.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
 MSN UK

looks like they're going to scrap the Veloster in the UK

:link: New Turbo hot hatch and facelift for Hyundai i30
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like the 3dr wont be available in the UK either, I wonder what we're going to get here :undecided:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I'm afraid this i30 would need to be a lot cheaper than the Kia to be worth considering. The instruments look sparse and the interior trys too hard. I'm not sure about the plastic fill at the front rather than driving lights.

Maybe it will look better in the showroom.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
i20 looks great in the pics. I wonder if we will get the diesel here?
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i20 looks great in the pics. I wonder if we will get the diesel here?

I don't reckon Keith.. Diesels seem to be on the outer going forward..  :Pout:

I'm thinking small petrol turbo might be more likely...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal