Australian Election 2013

Ugly Mongrel · 749 · 142880

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
If he does, you'll be screaming that he's broken a promise.
No thats one promise I would be glad to see him Break Dave,he still hasn't explained how he is going to fund the other half of it.as if the class split in Australia over the past thirty yers hasn't getton big enough,bringing a totally unfundable policy in like this will just create a hugh social split,a fairer and more socially and fincancially viable system if tax payers are to pay for women to have children is to give them all the very same,a basic wage for the same period of time nominated.

Personally,I for one never supported the ALPs PPL scheme either,have always stated what ever happened to planning a family like we did and our parents did,we didn't get all the hugh government gifts,it's no wonder we have the society we have,one of which expects everything given to them on a plate without any effort,I for one would shake his hand for dropping this policy,even though as a person I do not personally like him.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I agree with you Rick.
I also hope he "decides" not to interfere with the NBN rollout.
I also don't want to see the mining tax scrapped totally. That stuff belongs to all Australians and we should get a fair share of it.

All that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how the ASX reacts tomorrow and the $A on Monday overseas.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
I agree with you Rick.
I also don't want to see the mining tax scrapped totally. That stuff belongs to all Australians and we should get a fair share of it.

All that aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how the ASX reacts tomorrow and the $A on Monday overseas.

I personally hope our little Aussie Dollar strengthens against the US $, GBP and Euro as I need some of those for my 3 month travels, Feb-May next year.  Well done  Tony Abbott and the Libs.
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
My latest power, gas and fuel accounts are now stuck up on the fridge in my garage. I'll compare them to the ones I get in twelve months, just to see how they change under Tony. With all of his promises, I expect them to drop considerably. Somehow I doubt they will. :disapp:

• Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Me too, I have a conditional buy order placed, but I think they'll rise.  :Pout:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
My latest power, gas and fuel accounts are now stuck up on the fridge in my garage. I'll compare them to the ones I get in twelve months, just to see how they change under Tony. With all of his promises, I expect them to drop considerably. Somehow I doubt they will. :disapp:

That's pretty harsh.
Did you do that when Labor introduced the tax in the first place or is it just Liberal you're holding to account?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Me too, I have a conditional buy order placed, but I think they'll rise.  :Pout:

Are you trading, Phil?
What are you buying, the AUD against the USD?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No, I don't speak currency language, no idea how you deal in currency. Lifting my stake in GDY long term. 2 weeks ago, 17 c, low last week 8.8 due to asset impairment, time to buy.  :mrgreen:

The Bulls have escaped.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
You know you want some too.  :mrgreen:

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
So rainbows and butterflies tomorrow. Bring it on.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I agree with you Rick.

I personally hope our little Aussie Dollar strengthens against the US $, GBP and Euro as I need some of those for my 3 month travels, Feb-May next year.  Well done  Tony Abbott and the Libs.

:lol: Lester your a funny man,there was  finacial econmist on the radio thursday I think it was over here,saying if you were planning overseas travel within the next twelve months to do it before the election,his reasoning which has happened,there will be a change of governement and the dollar will fall(he thought considerably)and it would stay down for some time until things settled down and the finacial guru's could see what was going to happen with the new governement
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

I only have power bills to worry about,I always keep them from one year to another,I didn't find my power bill at least didn't change that much when the carbon tax was brought in,but it did increase recently with the extra levy placed by the Barnett government(he's trying to claw back the $280 Million he threw awy on Muchea power station),so when Abbott scraps the carbon tax I don't expect to see one Iotta of difference,but utilities over here hve increase significantly,due to the way they have set up their new accounting systems,they told us it would reduce our bills and make it easier for us to mange our bills,my water rates and bill if it continues the way it is,will increase $500 PA

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
What are you doing Rick, trying to drive Fatboy away.   :fum: :fum: :fum: :fum: :winker:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
What are you doing Rick, trying to drive Fatboy away.   :fum: :fum: :fum: :fum: :winker:

At the moment WA is NOT the place to come,no matter what you do or attempt to do it is incredibly expensive,don't come here as a tourist,unless you have a spare few thousand for  week or two stay,prices here at the moment especially in the hospitality side are just ridiculous,it was even reported some of the tourism mags are telling people to stay away from the west coast of Australia

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Would it make a difference if the accommodation was free,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dave.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Would it make a difference if the accommodation was free,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dave.

It'd help,thats half the problem with the amout of FIFO workers we have here,I got a heap of spare kennels the dog's have never used  :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Er, no thanks.  :eek:

Having a visit from one of your "pets", male or female, is NOT quite what I had in mind  :exclaim:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Er, no thanks.  :eek:

Having a visit from one of your "pets", male or female, is NOT quite what I had in mind  :exclaim:
well if they did decide to visit you wouldn't be cold  :rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Yes, but I could be smothered or raped.  :Shocked:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

That's pretty harsh.
Did you do that when Labor introduced the tax in the first place or is it just Liberal you're holding to account?

Difference though is that Labor said our bills would go up and compensated us, ol' Abbott on the other hand has told us our bills will come down so I reckon it's fair enough, stick the bill on the fridge and hold him accountable if, at this time next year our bills aren't significantly less..... :evil:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.

That's pretty harsh.

As rustynutz has already said, Labor never said prices would fall, however Tony has vowed they will.

http://theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/election-2013/tony-abbott-vows-to-ensure-power-prices-fall-if-the-carbon-tax-is-scrapped/story-fn9qr68y-1226709718080
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's pretty harsh.

Difference though is that Labor said our bills would go up and compensated us, ol' Abbott on the other hand has told us our bills will come down so I reckon it's fair enough, stick the bill on the fridge and hold him accountable if, at this time next year our bills aren't significantly less..... :evil:

And he's still compensating you.  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Forgive me since I mentioned this before, but its been established the "pollution tax" was not the primary driver for electricity price increases.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/goldplating-lifts-power-prices-turnbull-20120811-2410x.html
http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/massive-70-rises-in-the-cost-electricity/1922386/

Therefore when the carbon pricing legislation is repealed, I full expect to see zero reduction in power bills or any other bills since that's not where the additional costs came from. 

Arguments about the need for gold-plating have included to counter lack of investment over the years, and the need to cater for increased electricity consumption, even though electricity consumption in Australia is declining.

http://johnquiggin.com/2013/07/25/declining-electricity-consumption-in-australia/

I've never really understood the carbon pricing thing anyway, it seems to be a nebulous thing.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I full expect to see zero reduction in power bills or any other bills since that's not where the additional costs came from.

But, but Abbott promised!  :whistler:

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
I full expect to see zero reduction in power bills or any other bills since that's not where the additional costs came from.

But, but Abbott promised!  :whistler:

Life is full of disappointments. Get used to it. ;)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm sure we will all have to..... :(

I do feel for Dave though as he has such high expectations of Abbott....  :whistler:

Online Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
I'm sure we will all have to..... :(

I do feel for Dave though as he has such high expectations of Abbott....  :whistler:

I think he is used to being disappointed. So there should be no change except in the volume of the critique. :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal