i30 Owners Club

Australian Election 2013

Ugly Mongrel · 749 · 142611

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
It seems to be very quiet for some reason on this thread today....... :undecided:

It's a foregone conclusion, I would say and it's all about the size (of the win) now.

Which, I feel, vindicates what I have been saying all along. The people of this nation are sick and tired of Labor's mistakes, infighting, inabilities, huge waste and lies and I think the result is going to reflect that.

So despite all of the protestations and so-called justifications that have been trotted out over the past few weeks, Labor is going where it should go. Out.

The people have seen right through all the rhetoric and spin and BS and have voted accordingly.

A great day for Australia.  :D

Long live the Libs.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I agree Dave, with the rider that I hope they (the Coalition) think carefully before they do each change to ensure it is in the best interests of Australia in the short and long term. 

A lot of mistakes have been made and money wasted over the last 3 years or more due to some knee jerk decisions. I hope (but am not confident) that the Coalition will do less of these  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

All governments make mistakes, just some less than others.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
From the figures just seen, not the whitewash predicted, although a strong performance from the Liberal party. KRudd may also be looking for work Monday as well. Interesting.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Latest reported here

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24000133

Abbot to won
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

It will be a whitewash but I think it would have been a bigger one perhaps if Gillard was still in.
But I believe that an awful lot of people wanted the chance to vote Rudd out themselves and were pretty angry when the ALP denied them the chance when they knifed him and put Gillard into power.
Anyhow, all's well that ends well.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
It seems to be very quiet for some reason on this thread today....... :undecided:

It's a foregone conclusion, I would say and it's all about the size (of the win) now.

Which, I feel, vindicates what I have been saying all along. The people of this nation are sick and tired of Labor's mistakes, infighting, inabilities, huge waste and lies and I think the result is going to reflect that.

So despite all of the protestations and so-called justifications that have been trotted out over the past few weeks, Labor is going where it should go. Out.

The people have seen right through all the rhetoric and spin and BS and have voted accordingly.

A great day for Australia.  :D

Long live the Libs.  :)
Lets hope so,lets hope some are not regretting their decission today in twelve to eighteen months time,I can see this ending up with a smack of Barnett in it down the track
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I was hoping it would be quiet, however, on Monday and forever more, no doubt you WILL hear about all the Libs, failings and broken promises.  :groan:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I was hoping it would be quiet, however, on Monday and forever more, no doubt you WILL hear about all the Libs, failings and broken promises.  :groan:

Nah! I can accept what has been decided by the PPL,I'll just sit back and wait to see I told you so,their all tarred with the same brush,out to line their own pockets first,then maybe do something which holds some integrity.with some of the parties I seen on the ballot papers today maybe we'll see the first Australian Political assination,wouldn't that be a first  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

No doubt we get all that from ALP supporters, yet they were all very quiet over the last six years when some of the nation's biggest failures occurred in government, therefore I for one will be taking those comments with the grain of salt they deserve.

I have no doubt the Libs will make mistakes, but their core values and objectives sit better with me.

I do NOT support the PPL scheme and I personally hope it falls over, but it's never going to be a case of agreeing with everything a political party does.

However, there was very little that Labor did that I agree with and I'm glad they're gone, as are the majority of Australian voters by the look of it.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Overwhelmingly, the people have spoken and labor are paying the price. Beware, Abbot has already called the nation to support him through the "difficult times" ahead. This should ring alarm bells for the average Australian. I have already mentioned, that paying your way out of debt through austerity measures is painful and unpopular and has to be done delicately and fairly, over time. Will the impatient average Ozzie give Tony the chance to do it, who knows. If we thought the ALP was unpopular I guarantee that the Libs will be as popular as a pork chop in a Synagogue over the next term.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

...thanks to what the ALP has done.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Unfortunately the Oz public are too stupid to remember who caused it, they just remember who's causing it now, which is why we have very damaging, cyclical changes of government.

Although, I will admit, the Libs lost me with Workchoices, never, never, never, was that going to work.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Although, I will admit, the Libs lost me with Workchoices, never, never, never, was that going to work.
Lets hope he doesn't try to bring it back in under another name,but he will

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

RUDD CONCEDES DEFEAT!!!

ABBOTT TO BE P.M.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance::happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I was watching the election at 74.4pc of the count with a 14 seat gain to the libs at he Foxtel stand at the ADL Show tonight. A few minutes later I was chatting to some of the people running stalls there. Without exception they were all relieved the libs were in. There was serious lack of confidence in any chance at prosperity with the Krudd. :disapp:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

The worst polling result for Labor in a federal election in 110 years.
That pretty much says it all.  :D

I'm the only member currently on this thread.  :undecided:
Where are all the usual suspects?   :whistler:
Keith_H? UM? Rustynutz? Where are you all?
You've given me enough sh1T in recent weeks...........
Where are you tonight on the night that counts the most?  :confused:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Congratulations to the liberal party(I won't congratulate Abbott the sanctimonious little P#*^k) it wasn't  Liberals policies ,that won them the election,it was labors lack to listen to the PPL,their wastful spending and their infighting an instability that lost them the election.

Lets just hope they can deliver in a just and fair way their promises,unlike in past terms looking after only the Rich and the larger National Businesses.

I shall wait and see.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Don't underestimate Tony Abbott.
He is no fool, despite what some pundits would have you believe.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Fool or not, the common belief is that he has more of a supportive and talented team than Krudd...common enough to win him the election. :wink:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I'm sorry I haven't responded earlier, Dave, but a Wallabies vs Springbok rugby test match is far more important than an election.

I've just returned from Suncorp Stadium where those bloody South Africans have us a bloody good flogging. :disapp:

Unfortunately I missed all the coverage of the election but I do know that the Coalition have won. Good on then, they fooled enough voters to pull off a win. God help us. :disapp:

• Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Gee, that's gracious of you.  :lol:
I think more to the point, after six years of utter mayhem, Labor could NOT fool enough voters any longer.  ;)
I might call it an early night and go to bed and celebrate.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I might call it an early night and go to bed and celebrate.  :D

and do what Abbot is about to do to the country  :rofl: :rofl: sorry couldn't resist

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I'm here!! ;) Sorry was busy recreating.

The Libs win was no surprise although I thought it might be bigger in the lower house. The upper house composition is interesting. When it settles it will be worth seeing how it affects the Libs getting what they want done. Tony may yet find himself hamstrung in the senate. KRudd has won his seat but is out in the cold within his party. He will find himself outside the shadow cabinet I think and probably won't go a full term. I think everyone agrees the Labor party has been dysfunctional at times (he said generously) and its time for them to get their house in order. They have three years and the clock starts now.

Anyway, lets put the politics aside for now and hope for the best for this term. We can kick off the discussion again in about three years from now.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Both parties need to put differences aside and work together for a better country.

I like a lot of the Labor policies, particularly in education and NBN.  I don't like the way some of the other policies have been mis-managed, nor the internal disfunction of the Labor party and internal bickering. Once Labor sort that out, and they need to and I am sure they will, they will become a strong force in Australian politics again, until then they will remain on the outer with the majority of Australians.

As for the Wallabies, UM, can we vote them out for the same reasons?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I really hope I'm wrong but I still reckon we're in for a world of pain with Abbott.... :undecided:

It won't surprise me in the slightest if in 3 years time he's out on his ear once the sheeples of Australia realise he is not the messiah and that things weren't as bad as they were led to believe....

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Both parties need to put differences aside and work together for a better country.

No they don't, who made this country a bi-partisan political country. If this result is so bad for labor, they don't deserve to represent anyone. De-register the party.

They will be on the outer for the next 3 years, but NOT with the majority of Australians. The MAJORITY voted for another party. that's democracy working and how it should be.

Now, if Mugabe was leader,,,,,, well he'd still be in power, wouldn't he.  :whistler:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

No they don't, who made this country a bi-partisan political country.

The voters of Australia made it a bi-partisan political country.  What I was trying to say was, "Okay Labor, you've had your turn at running the country, the people have voted and want the other mob to run it for a while.  Let them run it."

If it is going to be as bad as the left say, then the Coalition will only last one term.  The great thing about our democracy, you get what you deserve (I mean vote for).

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
And I hope like hell Abbott abbandons his PPL Policy,as if he does bring this in  I can see all the liberalites out there with daughters of child bearing ages finding themselves on social security,this alone is a bad bad policy.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

If he does, you'll be screaming that he's broken a promise.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal