South Gippsland
Bloody disgusting, that's all I can say!  :fum:

What group will be targeted next?  :mad:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Queensland..beautiful one day, fascist the next. :disapp:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Steady all. Some of this is posturing. It remains to be seen how much is rejected because it contravenes Federal laws. There's a way to go before it hits the frontlines.

It does send a message though.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Steady all. Some of this is posturing. It remains to be seen how much is rejected because it contravenes Federal laws. There's a way to go before it hits the frontlines.

It does send a message though.

And that message is that the Queensland LNP government doesn't have a bloody clue.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Another day.....Another CMG member who is on a suspended sentence, who was charged and given bail for the 'riot' last week, gets caught again and charged with steroid offences,  and gets bail......  :head_butt:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/bandidos-gold-coast-president-adam-christopher-white-granted-bail-20131014-2vho2.html

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Another day.....Another CMG member who is on a suspended sentence, who was charged and given bail for the 'riot' last week, gets caught again and charged with steroid offences,  and gets bail......  :head_butt:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/bandidos-gold-coast-president-adam-christopher-white-granted-bail-20131014-2vho2.html

That sends a message too. I think the message is f*#k you justice system.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

And bikes are the only members of society who commit offences on ball.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The seem to do it more often.....

Hell I'm all for reforming the Bail Act to apply to all criminals.....

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Why would anyone not want to disassemble outlaw motorbike gangs?  :undecided:
Why would anyone want criminal gangs to flourish in a civilised society?  :confused:
It's so easy - don't like the consequences of being a part of a declared illegal organisation, then leave the organisation.

• Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Why would anyone want criminal gangs to flourish in a civilised society?  :confused:

You're just not getting it, Dave...It's not about the gangs. It wouldn't matter who it was, everyone, be it omg's, paedophiles, murderers or whatever...as much as we might despise them, in a civilised society they are still entitled to the same rights & laws as anyone else.

Start singling out a particular group of people for "special" treatment and you're potentially opening a huge can of worms...

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

You're just not getting it, Dave...It's not about the gangs. It wouldn't matter who it was, everyone, be it omg's, paedophiles, murderers or whatever...as much as we might despise them, in a civilised society they are still entitled to the same rights & laws as anyone else.

Start singling out a particular group of people for "special" treatment and you're potentially opening a huge can of worms...

You've got that right, Rusty. :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I do see your point Rusty, but have a different view.
Special circumstances call for special responses.
Paedophiles, murderers or whatever are able to be dealt with under our current laws.
OMCGs are not, because they are large, organised criminal associations who retaliate in large numbers with violence.
As previously stated, other organised crime gangs fall into the same category IMO. I am not just singling out OMCGs.
We have an Asian Gang Crime Squad here, for example, and I would have no problem with them receiving special dispensation either in order to protect the community.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

You've got that right, Rusty. :goodjob:

People are singled out for special treatment every day, banks choose to lend or not to lend money, Governments decide who gets grants and who does not, why there are a whole number of laws in regards to targeting paedophiles, allowing them to be targeted. Hell the Labor party has a policy that a certain percentage of their winnable seats will go to women....Same thing really.

The bail law you don't like actually applies to the whole state of Queensland, and every person in it. Should any one of us choose to join the ranks of an OMCG, we too shall face it. Lets face it, the time served will come off their eventual sentence anyway, so what have they lost? Hell they might even plead guilty at the first appearance and save the taxpayer a whole lot of money....

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Are you serious?  :eek:  :rolleyes:  :head_butt:

Of course, that's why there are discrimination laws. I suggest we change the title of this thread to "Do Criminal Organisations deserve special treatment or should we let them get away with murder."

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Are you serious?  :eek:  :rolleyes:  :head_butt:

I suggest we change the title of this thread to "Do Criminal Organisations deserve special treatment or should we let them get away with murder."

With respect, What a load of codswallop!  :rolleyes:

Of course, that's why there are discrimination laws.

Fat lot of good they are when there's a clear case here of the Queensland Government discriminating against a particular group of people...

It really saddens me to see "supposedly" intelligent people ignoring people 's rights & entitlements to be treated equally before a court of law...

As Deryn Hinch used to say...SHAME SHAME SHAME!  :mad:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

It really saddens me to see "supposedly" intelligent people ignoring people 's rights & entitlements to be treated equally before a court of law...

As Deryn Hinch used to say...SHAME SHAME SHAME!  :mad:

It really saddens me to see "supposedly" intelligent people supporting organised criminals in the face of tighter legislation to control their illegal activities and involvement in serious crime.  :fum:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
That's where you're wrong, Dave, I'm not supporting organised crime, I'm supporting human rights and the rights of people regardless of who they are, to be treated equally.

There are already laws in place to convict these people if they are found guilty so to be changing the laws for a particular group is just plain wrong...

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's where you're wrong, Dave, I'm not supporting organised crime, I'm supporting human rights and the rights of people regardless of who they are, to be treated equally.

There are already laws in place to convict these people if they are found guilty so to be changing the laws for a particular group is just plain wrong...

With all due respect, I think it's you that doesn't get it.
By supporting OMCGs in their campaign, that is exactly what you are doing - supporting organised criminals.
These people take away other peoples' rights at every opportunity and whenever they choose to.
They don't give two hoots about your rights or anyone else's.
Yet they demand to have their own.
Because of the lifestyle they choose and the people they choose to associate with, and the crimes they choose to commit, and the lives they choose to destroy, and the rights of law-abiding citizens that they choose to ignore, I believe it is perfectly right for them to forfeit some of the rights and freedoms that law abiding citizens enjoy.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm not condoning any crimes, regardless of whether it's OMG's or your basic crim....to be accused of that is quite insulting.  :fum:

Trying to blur the real issue with the emotional bullshit doesn't change the fact that what the Government is doing is wrong....and it's not just me that is saying it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/queensland-widens-bikie-law-assault-with-plans-for-jobs-bans/story-e6frg6nf-1226740804229

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Nor the rights of the people they commit criminal acts upon who dare to attempt to seek justice, to whom their friends feel it is acceptable to do whatever it takes to stop them.

I dare say their is a fair chance that they could probably smile and think about all the times they got away with it. Even with the new laws, I suspect most will be in profit.....

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm not condoning any crimes, regardless of whether it's OMG's or your basic crim....to be accused of that is quite insulting.  :fum:

Trying to blur the real issue with the emotional bullshit doesn't change the fact that what the Government is doing is wrong....and it's not just me that is saying it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/queensland-widens-bikie-law-assault-with-plans-for-jobs-bans/story-e6frg6nf-1226740804229

People still read The Australian?

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:wtf:   :undecided:

And it's not insulting then to call those who don't agree with you "supposedly" intelligent people?  :lol:

We're all entitled to our opinions.

• Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Was it aimed at you?  :rolleyes:
It' s insulting to suggest otherwise.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I wasn't aware I was asking you, Trev.... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, moving right along...

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie, the moron who introduced these draconian laws has certainly done a major backflip.... :head_butt:

This is what he said back in 2009 when the then Labor Government was proposing to introduce the Criminal Association Bill....  :rolleyes:

"The fact that there have been so many arrests indicates that existing laws are sufficient without the need to enact laws aimed directly at bikie gangs. We do not need to enact laws aimed directly at bikie gangs or other groups, but we do need to give more resources, more funding and more support to our police officers." (Page 3621)

"While I agree that people need to be protected from organised crime, there must also be the protection of personal liberties such as the freedom of association. The Premier and the Minister for Police, Corrective Services and Emergency Services have stated that people who do the right thing have nothing to fear. I will repeat that: people who do the right thing have nothing to fear. I say to the people of Queensland that, with this government, they do have something to fear. This bill encroaches on their personal freedoms and liberties. A government that tries to remove these freedoms and liberties is a government that is to be feared." (Page 3621)

"This bill is an attack on the right of freedom of association. While it is currently intended for motorcycle gangs, once again this bill does not mention the term ‘bikie’ or ‘motorcycle gangs’, and this piece of legislation could be used against any group that may fall into disfavour regardless of the purpose of their gathering." (Page 3621)

"Another essential freedom and one that goes to the heart of our legal system is the right to a fair trial. Every person in Queensland, regardless of whether they are part of organised crime, has the right to a fair trial. In effect, this bill removes that right. It removes the rule of evidence. It lowers the standard of the burden of proof that is ordinarily required in criminal proceedings from being beyond reasonable doubt to the standard that is required in civil proceedings. It allows for the employment of people in certain occupations to be refused merely on the reliance of criminal intelligence without them even having a conviction of a criminal offence. This bill denies the rules of natural justice. It introduces anti-association laws." (Page 3621)

"We are talking about tampering with people’s rights to associate. That could be broadly interpreted. How can we place control orders on someone who may be innocently associating with others who may be conspiring in a criminal activity and they have no idea, but we are going to punish them?" (Page 3622)

"Here we have the Labor government trying to enact a bill that will erode the right of freedom of association that could result in the prosecution of people based on race, ethnicity or membership of a social group and that seeks to be a one-size-fits-all, knee-jerk response. That is not the answer to the complex problem of organised crime." (Page 3622)

"The issue here should not be about the associations of individuals, it should be about the crimes committed. If I look at all those people I have just mentioned and look across the table here, one could potentially argue that the Queensland Labor Party is a serious criminal organisation because five of its members are in jail, have served jail or are currently before the CMC and there are certainly those on that side of the House who have associated with them." (Page 3623)

"I challenge the members opposite to not simply toe the party line but to come on this side and support the right to freedom of association in this state." (Page 3623)

What a hypocrite!

Read for yourself: http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/documents/hansard/2009/2009_11_25_WEEKLY.pdf

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal