i30 Owners Club

Dash cam on order.

John B · 127 · 33028

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I just had a horrible thought. I was being facetious about your last names - both being "B".
I have no idea what the B stands for.  :p
We are like Bananas in Pyjamas - B1 & B2

:rofl: :goodjob:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I just had a horrible thought. I was being facetious about your last names - both being "B".

Believe or not Ive got a pair of striped pyjamas. :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Does that make me B3...as I am a John B as well...... :victory:

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
As long as you have the striped pyjamas you're in :goodjob2:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
As long as you have the striped pyjamas you're in :goodjob2:

yep!...onesies...... :happydance:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I did notice the cam installs a link on the sd card to install the QT Player but I didn't need it.

Is there a setting for when the car is parked and it records for 30 seconds or so when the car gets bumped? I was thinking that was what the G axis settings were for :undecided:

As I understand it on the 0805 the G sensor automatically locks a file when the car is subjected to a knock when driven . If I require the camera to come on in a car park situation when the car is bumped it is called car park mode. For this they recommend the camera be permanently wired owing to the ignition being off when parked ( the internal battery does not last long ) have also heard depending how long the car is parked it can drain the main car battery.  The problem with this is you have to remember to turn the camera on or off manually.  Also I have heard that by the time the camera turns on, any offenders are gone it also requires  the offending vehicle to bump the  front of your car to get a video unless you have rear camera as well.  I have mine plugged into the the auxiliary power source so it only cones on and goes off with ignition. Set and forget.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Blimey I feel as common as muck. :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I did notice the cam installs a link on the sd card to install the QT Player but I didn't need it.

Is there a setting for when the car is parked and it records for 30 seconds or so when the car gets bumped? I was thinking that was what the G axis settings were for :undecided:

As I understand it on the 0805 the G sensor automatically locks a file when the car is subjected to a knock when driven . If I require the camera to come on in a car park situation when the car is bumped it is called car park mode. For this they recommend the camera be permanently wired owing to the ignition being off when parked ( the internal battery does not last long ) have also heard depending how long the car is parked it can drain the main car battery.  The problem with this is you have to remember to turn the camera on or off manually.  Also I have heard that by the time the camera turns on, any offenders are gone it also requires  the offending vehicle to bump the  front of your car to get a video unless you have rear camera as well.  I have mine plugged into the the auxiliary power source so it only cones on and goes off with ignition. Set and forget.  :goodjob2:
Ah that makes sense, I 'll set the G axis back to default and see how it goes :goodjob2:

The bump protection must be the "parking guard" that I just found but it requires the parking guard mount which hasn't been released yet, it'll also need the hardwire kit which come's with an inline battery protection monitor...probably needs the hardwire kit for the motion detection function to be worthwhile as well.

Mines also plugged into one of the auxiliary power ports, ran the cable up through the cable cover for my revision mirror through the roof lining and down the inside of the left pillar.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Ah that makes sense, I 'll set the G axis back to default and see how it goes :goodjob2:

The bump protection must be the "parking guard" that I just found but it requires the parking guard mount which hasn't been released yet, it'll also need the hardwire kit which come's with an inline battery protection monitor...probably needs the hardwire kit for the motion detection function to be worthwhile as well.

Sounds great. I forgot about the battery protection monitor that they recommended .  When I first got mine I nearly wore my SD card out by keep removing it . Seeing I bite my nails I have to keep a tooth pick in the car to get the card out.  :snigger: Ran my cables same as you and can't see them ,very neat, hate seeing cables. Hope your instruction book has bigger print than mine , I have to use a magnifying glass to read mine. :disapp: Have fun with your new camera. :goodjob2:

PS  The motion sensor would solve the problem of manually switching the camera on off. Might see if the kit will fit the 0805.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 13:40:13 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I didn't notice the print earlier but now that you mention it...it is quite small, luckily I've got good eye's :)

Yeah I've been playing around with the cards as well, more so to decide which cards I'll use so I think I'll keep the two 32gb cards in the dashcam and I stuck the 64gb card in my camera :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:02:15 by CraigB »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Quote from Nigel on the Dashcamtalk.com Forum

"If you don't have the parking guard mount then it will wake the camera up and start recording when a shock is detected. As it only has internal battery power it will only record a few seconds for each shock.
If you do have the parking guard mount then it will record at low frame rate and miss nothing while parked and change to full frame rate when a shock is detected."

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Trish wants a dash cam now .. so I might give her my Navig8tor HD and buy myself an 806!  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
They're a good cam Dazz :goodjob2:

They are nice an small and inconspicuous

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My brother read a previous thread on here and bought himself a camera on "our" recommendation. I said did you get the 805 or 806 and he said the 803! He is happy with the hardware and software so far.

That does look great Craig, thanks for the photos mate! :goodjob:

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
How long ago was that? on the main site for dashcamtalk the review for the 0803 is good recorded vision day an night but is unreliable, they had heat issues as well.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How long ago was that? on the main site for dashcamtalk the review for the 0803 is good recorded vision day an night but is unreliable, they had heat issues as well.

I was only speaking to him today.. I think the thread I referred him to was about 6 months old .. His Prius was on a slow boat from China Japan!

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
Is there anyone who sells this unit here in aus??? Doesn't seem like it...

If there's enough interest, maybe we could do a group buy.
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There are a few suppliers in Australia but they are priced higher than when I bought from JOOVUU in the UK for $133, prices are also rising fast as the presales have finished and the popularity of the 0806 is selling out before they even receive shipment, there are supposed to be fakes out there as well which is why I persisted with JOOVUU as they have a direct contact relationship with the developer.

A few Aussie sites and probably more will be found with a search, Dashcams Australia don't appear to even be ordering the 0806 at this stage :rolleyes:

:link: mini 0806 Dash Camera Ambarella A7 A7LA50 GPS 2306x1296P 0805

:link: Mini 0806 Dashcam + 16GB MicroSD - GPS and CPL

:link: mini 0806 Dash Camera Ambarella A7

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
You must have superior Google skills than me, CraigB.
Thanks for that. Looks like I need to wait for the market to cool a bit. :sweating:
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that. Looks like I need to wait for the market to cool a bit. :sweating:

:whsaid: (not in a hurry)

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not really, you just have to ask what you want - buy mini 0806 Dashcam Australia  :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I might try that.

"Rent au pair for weekend."
  • Tertius the i30

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

OR.....Rent Australian pair for weekend.......

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I might try that.

With that exact search the first hit was :link: Harmony in the Home: Nannies & Au Pairs in Perth - Perth

:idea: I reckon I would cope better with the Grandkids if we got one of those!  :happydance: :snigger:

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I might try that.

With that exact search the first hit was :link: Harmony in the Home: Nannies & Au Pairs in Perth - Perth

:idea: I reckon I would cope better with the Grandkids if we got one of those!  :happydance: :snigger:
That's how the Lang and Rose Hancock saga started :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:sweating: :D

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Is that an i30?  There is no way an 080x camera will fit directly in front of my MY2011 FD  i30 mirror.

Online CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Is that an i30?  There is no way an 080x camera will fit directly in front of my MY2011 FD  i30 mirror.
Yes! it's an i30 GD if you look at my signature  :)

Try tilting the mirror stem all the way to the roof and just angle the mirror itself, that gives me a good 3.5 inches from back of mirror to the viewing screen of the cam.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 17:14:02 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal