Why Covid 19 Is So Dangerous

AlanHo · 164 · 22717

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
@Dazzler  - I had Specsaver hearing aids 4 years ago and they were unreliable and not very effective.

In the UK the specsaver staff are simply dispensers and not audiologists. They cannot fine tune aids and can only follow the computer settings determined from a basic hearing test.

Although more expensive - my advice would be to go to an experienced audiologist who can provide Phonak Marvel aids or the Oticon equivalent. My Phonak Marvels have transformed my life - especially because I can bluetooth from my Android smartphone and wireless connect to TV and audio centre direct to my aids without an intermediate dongle. Background noise in restaurants is reduced and I can hold a conversation with passengers in the car.

Other brands like Starkey, Unitron, Siemens etc are all now playing catch-up.  For me Specsavers, Costco and the like are also-rans.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Covidiots just don't get it.

When I come to power I will have the army out to ensure strict lock-down.  UK police and the whole judicial system are far to soft on crime

:link: Manchester Police shut down 494 house parties and 166 street gatherings | Daily Mail Online
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@AlanHo Cheers for the advice. I will not accept anything that I'm not happy with. I assume they have the same policy with hearing aids as they do with glasses.

In Tassie they are charging people for doing all manner of things, drugs, driving offences, etc and adding "social distancing/isolation charges on top..

For example this one overnight where they have decided that commiting a burgulary isn't an adequate excuse to be out and about. 😂😂😂
http://www.facebook.com/143239419020952/posts/3184903578187839/?sfnsn=mo
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
A guy in NSW was stopped yesterday for being a fair way from home.
After a chat , and a quick search 54kg of pot.
:link: NBN News | POLICE SEIZE 54 KG OF CANNABIS AFTER STOPPING VEHICLE NEAR BALLINA
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just a quick update...Mum is still recovering in Rome, no fever now and tests are clear so just waiting for the pneumonia to clear up for a flight home.

Dad not doing so well, he's been back and forth between the hotel and Royal Perth hospital where he's currently residing.

Covid has spread to his lungs and he's still not sleeping or eating well, partly due to not liking the arranged hotel meals but also not feeling like eating for fear of bringing it up, he cant stand up either as low blood pressure has him constantly falling over :'(

Nearly five weeks he's been isolated now and he's really not sounding well at all, his mental state is of some concern now and his cognitive awareness seems really off, starting to go loopy :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Oh $hit, that's not good Craig, to put it mildly! Having met them on a number of occasions I recall them both being pretty good for their age. Hopefully it's only the meds talking and he'll be back to his old self as soon as they both get home together.

We are in lockdown until next Tuesday because of Ash being at the Burnie ED with bub last Monday. They have been checking on us up to twice a day!  Even the previous restrictions were taking a toll on my PD symptoms, so I can imagine how your mum and dad are feeling after all their dramas! I'm not getting tremors but I am getting quite a few involuntary movements and not walking well at all.  :Pout:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Dazz, I'd heard a couple of days ago of the big shut down they've done in Tassie between Burnie and another hospital, 5000 people quarantined I think it was :crazy1:

Keep the spirits up mate, might be time to pull out any old exercise equipment that's been stored away if you have :undecided: set the Xbox up in the family room to use more often...it'll  help with coordination.

Trish's train set would make a good past time :) if she'll let you near it :sweating:

Give my best wishes to the family :DoubleKiss:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
@CraigB Thinking of you mate. I was only talking about you and your situation with Sue today.
Good news re your mum but thoughts are with your dad. What a nightmare for you all.
Take care.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@CraigB Thinking of you mate. I was only talking about you and your situation with Sue today.
Good news re your mum but thoughts are with your dad. What a nightmare for you all.
Take care.
Thanks Dave :hatoff:

I hope Sue and yourself are keeping well, stay safe mate :goodjob2:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Bloody hell Craig, what a nightmare.  There seems to be no end to it all.

Good luck with it Craig try to stay strong  :Shocked: :Shocked: :faint: :faint:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazz, I'd heard a couple of days ago of the big shut down they've done in Tassie between Burnie and another hospital, 5000 people quarantined I think it was :crazy1:

Keep the spirits up mate, might be time to pull out any old exercise equipment that's been stored away if you have :undecided: set the Xbox up in the family room to use more often...it'll  help with coordination.

Trish's train set would make a good past time :) if she'll let you near it :sweating:

Give my best wishes to the family :DoubleKiss:

Cheers Craig, so far we are doing a lot better than your M and D  :crazy1:

I'm currently using (well not right now) my red light hat, my kogan foot massager, my punching ball, the racing simulator via x-box and PC and our elliptical strider in my office! But all those combined don't seem to match my usual combination of activities in keeping me flexible and relatively pain free!  :crazy1:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Just a quick update...Mum is still recovering in Rome, no fever now and tests are clear so just waiting for the pneumonia to clear up for a flight home.

Dad not doing so well, he's been back and forth between the hotel and Royal Perth hospital where he's currently residing.

Covid has spread to his lungs and he's still not sleeping or eating well, partly due to not liking the arranged hotel meals but also not feeling like eating for fear of bringing it up, he cant stand up either as low blood pressure has him constantly falling over :'(

Nearly five weeks he's been isolated now and he's really not sounding well at all, his mental state is of some concern now and his cognitive awareness seems really off, starting to go loopy :disapp:

Fingers crossed for your folks Craig 
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like Dad will be sent home tomorrow, the health department were going to send him back to the hotel again :crazy2: so I lodged a complaint with concern to his mental wellbeing which the doctor agreed with  :) the decision still had to go before the Health and Medical board for the final say which Hillary from risk assessment helped with.

He will still have to complete the last 10 days of quarantine though he'll be much more comfortable at home.

Good news for Mum also, she is well enough to be moved to another residence for one last week of monitoring before her flight back to Perth, the Consular was able to speak directly with mum who was so excited to actually hear an Aussie voice for the first time in 5 weeks  :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Good news on both counts.

Did they sort out your mum's documents/passport?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes, emergency passport issued which will turn up there soon with the luggage I've sent her :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Yes, emergency passport issued which will turn up there soon with the luggage I've sent her :)
Be good to get her home and reunited with your dad.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Thank goodness for some progress, he will undergo a miraculous improvement just being in his own familiar surroundings and, even better is wife will soon join him maybe there is a God after all.

You also will be able to sleep a bit better once all the folks are where they should be.   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Be good to get her home and reunited with your dad.
It will, be at least another 3 weeks before that can happen though, two weeks of quarantine once back in Perth.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thank goodness for some progress, he will undergo a miraculous improvement just being in his own familiar surroundings and, even better is wife will soon join him maybe there is a God after all.

You also will be able to sleep a bit better once all the folks are where they should be.   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Yeah! definitely much better at home :goodjob2: you could hear the excitement in his voice almost immediately once he knew he was getting out, I don't think prisoners even cop five weeks of solitary confinement  :Hos:

Me get sleep, what's that :D I think I've had more calls in five weeks than the three years I've had this phone :crazy1:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Excellent news Craig! Everything crossed for you!  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Everything crossed for you!  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :goodjob2: :goodjob:
Is that painful?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Everything crossed for you!  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :goodjob2: :goodjob:
Is that painful?

Everything is painful at the moment..  :Pout:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Maybe Australia is the lucky countrry after all.. I didn't think so earlier in the year with the floods and fires and drouts and stuff...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Well Dad's been home for three days now, I was quite shocked to see him in is current state when he turned up at the door :eek:

Bilateral pneumonia plus kidney failure and pretty much not eating anything for nearly three weeks certainly took it's toll on him, he's dropped roughly 15kg and looks about 20 years older, still quite weak though he's definitely starting to improve slowly being at home.

Mum has improved and been moved to a nice little B&B in Rome, not sure how long for yet as we're getting conflicting information between the doctor and embassy, 10 days to a month :head_knock: but at least we can call her now she's in a hotel.

Costa is paying for mums hotel and food, she cant leave the hotel and gets a 10 euro daily allowance to spend on small things within the hotel shops so she rushed out and bought shampoo and body wash as she wasn't able to shower for five weeks...covid patients aren't allowed showers at the hospital.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Jeepers they must really be  kicking themselves for not aborting the trip as you suggested.

What a nightmare. Fifteen kilos! I remember your dad being fairly tall and slim before!

Five weeks! Phew, literally.  :Shocked:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Good to see a little bit of progress :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

do'ya think when Mum gets home they'll start planning their next cruise Craig, best get some brochures in ready  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
That's a mixed bag of good and bad.
Hopefully,  all will improve from heron.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
do'ya think when Mum gets home they'll start planning their next cruise Craig, best get some brochures in ready  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:
Nah! they're over it, I don't think either of them will venture outside of Australia again, Costa offered a free deferred 10k holiday they wont use :crazy2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Nah! they're over it, I don't think either of them will venture outside of Australia again, Costa offered a free deferred 10k holiday they wont use :crazy2:

Hey Craig, if you can be your mum, I'll be your dad. $10k cruise? I know this guy who does passports........ :whistler:
Seriously though, I'm glad your dad's home where he can improve and that your mum is out of the hospital at least.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hey Craig, if you can be your mum, I'll be your dad.
Who's your Daddy? :rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal