i30 Owners Club

Anything Goes (except insults) Nothing Off Topic

Just Rick · 948 · 217995

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Nice Saints Rick :) I've always been around the shows but never had the extra time to participate, used to spend most of my time doing Agility and CD titles plus participating with the Malamute sled club kept me quite busy.

I totally understand you when saying you have to keep working to support the Hobby, there is no money in breeding and showing if you're doing it right, only the backyarders make money as they don't spend any money on care/facilities and improving the breed ( scumbags )

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Hahaha. Thanks guys
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Bruce hit the 100,000 K's on the way home tonight

This Sunday all the months of training will be put to the test,the Kids have their first official show,then another the following week.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :victory:  :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
@Dazz and John Thanks,but I personally think we are going to do well with these three Nutters,plus it has been a heart wrenching decission,but we have decided to let Bambi go to another show home,we have worked and know this couple for years,over the years we have had a couple of their dog's

Neptune,the show is at the Canine Centre,corner of Warton and Randford roads Southern River,we will be there from about 9am till almot the end of the show,if all goes well we may even have to stay until the end of the show  :Good_luck:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Had to share this one  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:rofl: :rofl: :goodjob:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
And they wonder why the rest of the world gets pissed off with em,F*$#wits,well the person who put this sign up is at least.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644058/Do-not-walk-dog-Muslims-not-like-dogs-Fury-poster-discovered-near-popular-London-park-warns-dog-walkers-stay-Islamic

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Maybe it may not have been one of "them" but someone who wants to stir shit. Just saying.  :whistler:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Maybe it may not have been one of "them" but someone who wants to stir shit. Just saying.  :whistler:

I agree and until it's investigated, we won't know.
In the meantime, it would nice to see Muslims come out and condemn it.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Well the Journey is about to begin,hope the day gets better,because if it's raining we will be under the pavilion and that is not condusive for good show especially for the pups first show,well we'll cross the fingers and hope for the best,all experience for them,see ya when we get back  :Good_luck:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good ruck, Lick!   :goodjob:

:whsaid: sort of...

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
well the day once we got down to the show,started out fairly ordinary,I instantly had a run in with two other exhibitors,them throwing their supposed 
superior position,well beleave me I told em where to get off in no uncertain terms,I hadn't gone to this show in the best frame of mind,the ugliness of my past was just below the surface,thankfully the two affor mention persons did not push their luck.

Anyhow once we got set up,things calmed down,I spent much of my time re grooming and playing with my dog's,friend could see the commotion and came to help me calm down,then we actually got into what we went down there for,showing the kids,well I was so pleased with them,we where under a pavilion(very much like an old style aircraft hanger),the noise at time is horrendous under there and not very good introduction for 14 week old babes,but they did really well.
Otis is Just Sooooooooo Laid Back
OTIS
Warning all these pictures do not do the babes true justice,so hard to get great photo's of them
He won his class,but having said that,he was the only one in his class,not a lot of Baby Saints around these days.
Merlin who we did not take a photo of at this show,he didn't do himself any favors,he was just an arse today,wouldn't get his head off the ground,though he won his class that is far as he went.

Then it was the girls turn,Sadly being sisters until they get older an up in the older classes they have to compete against each other.

Maya was fairly nervy under the dome,but still went reasonably well and other than a few jumpy moments did what was asked of her
MAYA

Then there was Bambi,well this girl is full of herself and she just bombed around the ring,she did have a couple of whoopsies,but to my surprise Maya beat her,But Bambi still has the scares and shaved skin from her bout of the puppy strangles,once she is all healed up I am sure she will give her sister a run for her money.
BAMBI

Then as we were packing up,I turned around and hearly walked into Neptune,so my day was just getting better and better,lucky John turned up when he did,as we where going back to friends kennels so the kids could all have a good run around before being couped up in the trailer for a couple of hours,John came back there with us as well and we all had a good catch up,but when we were all saying our goodbyes I went out to see John off and I commented on his number plate,all I asked was why he had a commodore plate on his Kia,I'll let John tell you the rest,I couldn't see the obvious,but when he pointed it out I bloody hear fell over laughing,But again that's a story for john to tell if he wishes.

Again what could have been a pretty ordinary day turned out to be a brilliant day,again John many thanks for coming along,sadly you missed the show,thats the fun part for me anyhow.

To sum up we where as pleased as punch with the Kids,the biggest bonus was when the Judge commented when judging for best baby of breed,that these three babes where exceptional examples of the breed and his decision to put Otis up over Maya was a hard one as was his decision to put Maya before Bambi
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:44:51 by Rick-without the P »

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
And here's the kids after their long day out,the one in the bottom right hand corner is Mum and she aint talking to me because I left her home

Doubt I'll be long out of bed either LOL

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
The two dogs on the left sleep in the same position as our dog.  :snigger:
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
And my cat.......which you could see if you had FB. ;)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic

I have Instagram.   :D
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

I have Instagram.   :D
Can you take something for that? :P
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the update Rick  :goodjob: (hopefully John sees it) :victory:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Got a picture of the whole family together(pity I couldn't get em all facing me)Mum dad and the three kids

Got Bruce and Terry the trailer ready for the morning,wish I had time to give Bruce a scrub up

Another early set off for us,spend a day in Perth again,hoping the show goes as well and as quick as last weeks,hopefully get home before it gets dark this week.worse thing is having to drive for 1.5 hours then have to set up and at the end of the show pack up again,Oh! well the joys of showing Dog's

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Get a good night's sleep, Rick-p  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Get a good night's sleep, Rick-p  :goodjob2:
That's the plan  :razz:

Offline patchpants

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Halifax
just back from blackpool and Bridlington plus hull .68 mpg over 5 days mixed driving .fair distance for England cos blackpool and Bridlington are on opposite coasts .but had to pick my son up where he lives in brid then holiday in brashpool ,not a spelling mistook haha ;lovely week my lad met a woman in the next caravan .that was him for the week ;lovely girl from angelsea;but not driving there every week but she has a car ;dropped him back in brid today then granddaughter to hull .pleased with the mpg but cruise control kept malfunctioning less it was me ;I did ppg pilchard butties per kilometre ;so love the I 30 might change my mind on the ford focus ;;toodle pip ;;stevie g  :disapp:
  • hyundia i30 blue drive active

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal