i30 Owners Club

Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Surferdude · 175 · 41301

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Google is your friend! Just find and uninstall windows update # KB3035583 fixed!  :goodjob:

Well yes, I did that but it downloaded it again!  :eek:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Hi Dazz I am very happy with Windows 10 but can understand your frustration . I have been trying to get rid of a notification that comes up every day trying to get me to enable Language Typing Assistant. If I turn of notifications I can no longer get notifications I want such as Email etc. Did read this to get rid of the upgrade notice if it is any help. (Open the Windows Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and use the command below to uninstall:
WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583  unless some one has a better method. Hope it works. :confused:   Beat me to it Dazz  :goodjob2: Just got to fix my problem now and I can't find it on Google, somebody asked the question on a forum but got no replies  :disapp:  PS just seen Diablo's post , not good. :disapp:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

(Open the Windows Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and use the command below to uninstall:
WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583  unless some one has a better method. Hope it works. :confused:   Beat me to it Dazz  :goodjob2: Just got to fix my problem now and I can't find it on Google, somebody asked the question on a forum but got no replies  :disapp:  PS just seen Diablo's post , not good. :disapp:

I'm wondering if my first removal attempt via the normal method actually worked.

I just did the WUSA thing and rebooted and it has been saying 'preparing to configure Windows' for the last 30 minutes. Though first time  I didn't reboot immediately, just left it to re-start after doing scans while I was asleep.

I looked for the update in 'installed updates' and it had gone.

I'll see what I have in a few hours time I suppose.

am using my Windows 10 desktop at the moment. :)

edit: Laptop has finally  rebooted, no KB3035583 in installed updates, but Win 10 still appears when I look at the update screen. Tried the 'check for updates' option twice and takes ages with no result - I think the bugger is downloading the 2.7GB yet again.

Though Win 10 icon has disappeared from toolbar,  so maybe I'm making progress.  :lol:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Hi diablo, Sounds like a lot of messing around they sure don't make it easy.I wish you luck with it . Hopefully your next post will show some success. You never know perhaps some one will come up with the cure. :undecided:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well I just installed Windows 10 PRO as a fresh install, as my Windows 10 upgrade (from 8.1) seemed to be slowing down my new SSD.

The new install is now using AHCI to access my drive, whereas my upgrade just kept using the original IDE/SATA drivers. Job sorted.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Well I just installed Windows 10 PRO as a fresh install, as my Windows 10 upgrade (from 8.1) seemed to be slowing down my new SSD.

The new install is now using AHCI to access my drive, whereas my upgrade just kept using the original IDE/SATA drivers. Job sorted.
You had me worried Steve :sweating: just checked my BIO's and I'm still on AHCI :)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Problem was, CraigB, that the drivers used by the Windows kernel to access the boot drive will not adapt if an SSD is transplanted into the system (so I learned) - it needed a fresh install to get that job done.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My Samsung 840Pro SSD came with cloning software preinstalled so all I had to do was plug it into the USB3 port then accept the clone drive option and when completed you just replace the HDD with the new SSD and it was good to go.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@ John and diablo,

I just found, selected and uninstalled that update and then rebooted and no more nag screen or message/symbol in bottom right hand corner. I have windows updates set to check with me  before they install/reinstall  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
@ John and diablo,

I just found, selected and uninstalled that update and then rebooted and no more nag screen or message/symbol in bottom right hand corner. I have windows updates set to check with me  before they install/reinstall  :goodjob:

That's great Dazz, now if only I could get rid of the Language Typing features  banner.  :'(
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
now if only I could get rid of the Language Typing features  banner.  :'(
John, is that the ENG icon in the taskbar near the date/time?

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
now if only I could get rid of the Language Typing features  banner.  :'(
John, is that the ENG icon in the taskbar near the date/time?

Hi Craig, it comes up in the action centre when I open it on the notification icon at the bottom right side of screen keeps saying install language typing feature which I have no need for. I quite like the notification idea as it shows any new emails etc. Some apps it gives you a choice of  disabling but not this banner . Shows nearly every time the action centre is opened. Only a minor thing as you only see it when you click on notification icon.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hmm, how many languages do you have installed

You might need to disable the Cortana " Get to know me " if yours say's other than what is shown in the pic then click the tab to forget or don't get to know me.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
@ Craig. region and language is set as you have it shown with no other language added and speech inking and typing has " don't get to know me "
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@ Craig. region and language is set as you have it shown with no other language added and speech inking and typing has " don't get to know me "
Click on the "don't get to know me" tab and it'll change to what I have shown, hopefully that'll stop some of your annoyances.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Click on the "don't get to know me" tab and it'll change to what I have shown, hopefully that'll stop some of your annoyances.

Thank's Craig , I wondered if I had that the wrong way around  where it shows don't get to know me I thought that is what they meant I now realise they mean click on that to apply. Yes i know I'm a silly ole fart. :snigger: appreciate your help mate, thank's.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Grim Reaper

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium

My machine boots and is ready to go in 21-23 seconds (measured by 360 Total Security), including autostart of Steam and ShadowPlay, don't think an SSD would make such a huge difference, particularly as the slowest part of startup is recognition and self calibration of my wheel, H pattern shifter and 3 pedal set.

All of the games you mention are not my cup of tea, too arcadey, I prefer the sim route.

I am really enjoying Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom Experience and oddly enough Truck Simulator 2.

i would question anybody recommending the Need for Speed Franchise, the best amongst them are the more sim oriented Shift series, all the rest have handling invented by a 3 year old :P

Hard to believe your system boots that fast with a normal HDD. But if that is the case, trust me, it will still be a lot faster with SSD.

And all respect if you prefer sim racing. To me it gets boring a lot faster then those arcadey games wich are a shitload of fun (even if the driving is cake).

Peace :)
  • Hyundai i30 Comfort 1.6

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Back on topic (a first for me)

Bloody MS has started adding the Windows 10 Update (nag) again. Even if you had that update switched off.

Even though I had setting so that I chose which updates should be installed it still did it and I had to uninstall and hide the update again!  :fum:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Bloody MS has started adding the Windows 10 Update (nag) again. Even if you had that update switched off.

Even though I had setting so that I chose which updates should be installed it still did it and I had to uninstall and hide the update again!  :fum:

:link: Microsoft now awfully pushy with Windows 10 on Win 7, 8 PCs ? Reg readers hit back ? The Register

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

:link: Microsoft now awfully pushy with Windows 10 on Win 7, 8 PCs ? Reg readers hit back ? The Register

I'm finding much the same thing as the Register users on my old Win 7 laptop.

I tried a few times to remove stuff linked to Win 10 as recomended in various sources though it still comes back.   If I deselect the Win 10 upgrade and just select to install all the Win 7 patches which have been building up it comes up as 275 MB, though when it starts to install them it says 'Downloading Windows 10'.   

Just checked and at the moment if I select Windows Update it only shows the 32 important updates (275MB), but then still starts Win 10 download.  :crazy1:

I could restore from a full backup I made six months ago but I don't want to, and even that may not be immune. Rather annoying.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I uninstalled the update 3032883 or whatever it is.

I changed my settings to let me know what updates are available, but let me select them, and that seems to be working. Right clicked and said hide this update each time it comes up.  :crazy1:

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
In other news, we military types can buy Office 2015 home delivered for $15. :winker:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
In other news, we military types can buy Office 2015 home delivered for $15. :winker:

And us MSDN subscribers get it a little cheaper. Ie, for $0 :P

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

And us MSDN subscribers get it a little cheaper. Ie, for $0 :P
Ah, yes, same price as all my Linux software. :P
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal